Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 29 Feb 2012 (Wednesday) 22:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom 4 Now available!

jarrot28
62 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 09, 2012 00:55 |  #151

ah great some more software i have to add to the wish list man when will it ever stop

Capture the moment bw!
http://picasaweb.googl​e.com/jsta28 (external link)
http://www.jflystudios​.com/ (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links
Yohan ­ Pamudji
Goldmember
2,994 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 09, 2012 01:04 |  #152

kevindar wrote in post #14054402 (external link)
Yohan, the clarity slider can be thought of as defoging, or local contrast. Coming from photoshop, its similar to applying a usm of 25 25, 0, except you can control it much more.

Ah, defogging. I remember the days of applying 2 different USM passes in PS--good times.

But in LR I just don't get how to use it. Anything more than +10 or so makes things look unnatural to me, and increasing global contrast seems to achieve much the same desired effect (more pop, less haze) without the unnatural look. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. In fact, strike that--I definitely don't know what I'm doing with clarity in LR.

kevindar
Cream of the Crop
5,050 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 09, 2012 01:12 |  #153

yohan, here is another use for it. setting the clarity to -3 to -5, is a very easy and quick way of smoothing skin in a portrait. In the plus direction it gives you more gritty look.

My Flickr (external link)
Gear List
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1205576

Yohan ­ Pamudji
Goldmember
2,994 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 09, 2012 01:23 |  #154

kevindar wrote in post #14054473 (external link)
yohan, here is another use for it. setting the clarity to -3 to -5, is a very easy and quick way of smoothing skin in a portrait. In the plus direction it gives you more gritty look.

Gritty definitely describes it in the + direction. Thanks for the skin smoothing tip.

Papa ­ Razzi
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 09, 2012 11:47 |  #155

Yohan Pamudji wrote in post #14050603 (external link)
Here's a good site to learn about the new features:
http://www.photoshopus​er.com/lightroom4 (external link)

I'm not sure it's a good getting started type thing though.

Thanks! Reviewing now...

MichaelAnthonyPhotography
477 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 09, 2012 13:01 |  #156

loving the new LR, one question, I am having trouble placing my education order.

I placed the order, and under order information it says "eligibility pending: check status" When I click the check status link, it brings me to a new page, where the product code is already entered, I enter my email address, and push enter, and it reloads the page as if I made a mistake. Anyone else having this problem?

Santa Clarita Wedding Photographers - Michael Anthony Photography (external link)
Los Angeles Photography Blog (external link)

partsman
210 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 09, 2012 13:43 |  #157

Papa Razzi wrote in post #14056574 (external link)
Thanks! Reviewing now...

Here's another good training site if it hasen't been mentioned yet.
http://tv.adobe.com/pr​oduct/lightroom/ (external link)

Mark
50D l 350D l 70-200L f/2.8 IS l EFS 17-85 f4.0-5.6 l 50 f/1.4 l 430EX

JOEinSD
315 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 09, 2012 14:24 |  #158

MichaelAnthonyPhotogra​phy wrote in post #14056946 (external link)
loving the new LR, one question, I am having trouble placing my education order.

I placed the order, and under order information it says "eligibility pending: check status" When I click the check status link, it brings me to a new page, where the product code is already entered, I enter my email address, and push enter, and it reloads the page as if I made a mistake. Anyone else having this problem?

Perhaps you inadvertently bought the student version?

Hello, my name is Joe if you haven't figured it out. :D | www.creativecapture.ne​t | (external link)www.facebook.com/creat​ivecapturevideos (external link)http://www.creativecap​ture.net (external link)

Merlin_AZ
872 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 09, 2012 18:21 |  #159

MichaelAnthonyPhotogra​phy wrote in post #14056946 (external link)

I had a problem attaching a school ID on the Student version order site a few hours as well. Tried a little while ago and it went through.

jkokbaker
554 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 11, 2012 20:51 |  #160

Is $149.99 the retail price or sale price?

5D IV, Rokinon 14mm, Zeiss 21mm, Rokinon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24-105L, Speedlight 430EX II

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 11, 2012 21:04 |  #161

jkokbaker wrote in post #14069211 (external link)

Although they present the price as if it's "on special sale", I have a sneaky suspicion that Adobe is taking the competition seriously these days, especially since Corel has taken over Bibble and is putting out a pretty comprehensive product that includes a Raw processor that is for Windows (as opposed to Aperture that has always competed in the Apple "space").

As the Corel product improves/matures, assuming they can get it up-to-speed as to the quality and workflow features, since they are priced quite competively, Adobe knows that people will be eying it if the LR retail price "settles" at the earlier levels of about $300 USD!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Merlin_AZ
872 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 11, 2012 21:05 |  #162

jkokbaker wrote in post #14069211 (external link)

It's the new retail price.
The upgrade/Student price is $79.

luckywish1
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 12, 2012 12:31 |  #163

if you are on napp they will give you a discount on all adobe program too

luckywish1
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 12, 2012 12:36 |  #164

i already have lightroom 3 and now it look like i have to get the upgrade one

miguelr
470 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 13, 2012 00:33 |  #165

anyone seen any faq/tutorial on combining video clips into a new clip in L4?

miguelrphoto.com (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

23,653 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 4 Now available!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.