Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Mar 2012 (Monday) 12:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom 4 Full Edition Amazon Preorder

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 09, 2012 09:40 |  #46

James33 wrote in post #14055802 (external link)
Been 2 days and nothing back from Adobe yet.... Any one get news?

No news here yet. I did take a chance and sent a tweet to Adobe, actually got a reply back this morning looking to help. I sent them my case number but haven't heard anything. They did say 1-3 business days, so today is my 3rd business day.

Gear List
My Flickr Page (external link)

sponsored links
joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 09, 2012 09:42 |  #47

Mine went through, posted about it in the B&H sale thread.

Joel

YunusEmre
211 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 09, 2012 14:25 |  #48

I got a shipment notification email this morning from Adobe. It says I will get it today!

James33 wrote in post #14055802 (external link)
Been 2 days and nothing back from Adobe yet.... Any one get news?

baj2k
724 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 09, 2012 16:59 |  #49

Just finished chatting with Adobe support online and mine was approved and shipped too. Should be here well before the Lr4 trial I downloaded expires.

Thanks to the OP and to Helen at Adorama for posting this free upgrade info.

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 09, 2012 17:26 as a reply to  @ baj2k's post |  #50

I just got a tweet from Adobe. My case was approved and I should get the serial number via email in about 30 minutes (well, that was about 25 minutes ago...). I'll give them more time.

Gear List

James33
568 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 10, 2012 10:20 |  #51

Just finished chatting with Adobe. I'll be getting mine as well, although the chat person told me that eligibility was limited to those who purchase on or AFTER the upgrade was announced (6 Mar). They said they would make an exception since I was so close to that date. Odd, as everyone else has been getting their upgrade with no problem or exceptions. Also said they would send a new CD/DVD. I would think they could just email the serial number and call it a day since you can download the trial. Well, you can if the servers aren't overloaded. Pretty bad this morning - couldn't download it so I'll try later.

www.jamesparkerphoto.c​om (external link)

baj2k
724 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 10, 2012 11:52 |  #52

James33 wrote in post #14061869 (external link)
Just finished chatting with Adobe. I'll be getting mine as well, although the chat person told me that eligibility was limited to those who purchase on or AFTER the upgrade was announced (6 Mar). They said they would make an exception since I was so close to that date. Odd, as everyone else has been getting their upgrade with no problem or exceptions. Also said they would send a new CD/DVD. I would think they could just email the serial number and call it a day since you can download the trial. Well, you can if the servers aren't overloaded. Pretty bad this morning - couldn't download it so I'll try later.

Funny how support groups seem to wing it on the rules sometimes. I was told during my "chat" that you qualified if you ordered yours up to 30 days before GA which would be 2/6. I ordered mine on 2/11 and the date was never mentioned as a problem. They said "we'll ship you the DVD for Lr4". Go figure...

It might be a good idea to get your requests in now before they get swamped with all of the "Valentine's Day sale" buyers asking for a free copy and Adobe decides to slam the door closed and stick to the "after 3/6" purchase date cut-off.

:)

jkokbaker
554 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 11, 2012 20:54 |  #53

Is $149 the retail price or temporary sale price?

5D IV, Rokinon 14mm, Zeiss 21mm, Rokinon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24-105L, Speedlight 430EX II

Tsmith
Formerly known as Bluedog_XT
10,429 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Mar 11, 2012 21:03 |  #54

jkokbaker wrote in post #14069238 (external link)
Is $149 the retail price or temporary sale price?

That's their new retail price.

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 11, 2012 22:19 |  #55

Tsmith wrote in post #14069278 (external link)
That's their new retail price.

Yep... and I hear that it is in answer to Apple reducing Aperture to $79. Not sure if Adobe would go that low, but better than $299!

Gear List

GaryS1964
457 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 14, 2012 19:57 |  #56

I submitted my request to Adobe Online on 3/6. Haven't heard a word. Just checked on their website and the status is: Open - Pending Adobe Response. I'll give them a couple of more days then I'll call

Canon 5D Mk iii, Canon 7D, Tamron 70-300 Di VC, Tamron 150-600, Canon Nifty Fifty, Canon 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS, Canon 24-105 F/4 L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS ii, Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS ii, Canon 430EX ii, YONGNUO RF-602 Wireless Remote Control

James33
568 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 14, 2012 20:08 |  #57

Same here - haven't heard a word even after I chatted with Adobe and was told I would be upgraded.

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 14, 2012 20:12 as a reply to  @ James33's post |  #58

Posted this in the Lightroom 3 thread... Got an email Monday from an Adobe Customer Service rep, said she put in a "no charge order" for Lighteoom 4 for me and I should get an email when it ships.

So today I run some errands, and when I get home there's a small box on mt doorstep, from Adobe. Lightroom 4!! So much for getting an email when it ships...

Upgrade was painless, upgraded my library, now I'm ready to go.

I hope it works out ok for everyone else...

Gear List

JennB
GoldLurker
1,131 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2005

Mar 16, 2012 04:46 |  #59

Posted this on the LR3 thread as well:

What I did was contact a representative on the Adobe site through their Live Chat and requested an update on my open case. The rep looked up my case, decided I was eligible and put my order in then and there.

Hope this helps! :)

~ Jenn ~
"Raise the bar to a level only you can jump!"
{Gear List & Market Feedback}

James33
568 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 16, 2012 06:35 |  #60

JennB wrote in post #14095804 (external link)
Posted this on the LR3 thread as well:

What I did was contact a representative on the Adobe site through their Live Chat and requested an update on my open case. The rep looked up my case, decided I was eligible and put my order in then and there.

Hope this helps! :)

I'll try that yet again. Thanks!

sponsored links

6,794 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 4 Full Edition Amazon Preorder
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.