Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 02 May 2011 (Monday) 01:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

sport portrait...

12Rock
622 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2010

May 06, 2011 10:26 |  #16

looks to staged to me and if looking for a portrait .....i want more face...ala ...chris270 above ...these i don't get...nice shot of the clouds though

sponsored links
Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,546 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jul 2005

May 07, 2011 19:07 as a reply to  @ post 12342640 |  #17

I'd prefer a combination of the first pics composition and stance but with subject's face more visible like the 2nd pic.

I think it matters who the photo is for. You or the subject?
If it's for the subject what does she want? Flattering? More "sports realistic?
Just a it of fun?

Dave
Image editing OK

Bleufire
Goldmember
1,200 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 07, 2011 20:58 |  #18

I think this was asked above but...

Why football? If this is just for capturing a random sport (for those who are multi-sport athletes) you achieved it but the fact that she isn't suited in football gear and the composition makes it look like you were just playing with a cam of people playing catch.

Also, this composition of being so close makes her nose and breast stand out.

5D*Sigma 50/1.4*EF 17-40/4
New to Photography? ----> ENJOY! Canon DSLR! (external link)

kent ­ andersen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,071 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2009

May 26, 2011 05:50 |  #19

thanks for all the comments... It is really interesting to see that some of you don't find a footbal thrown by a woman not wearing football gear, a good motive.

I wasn't really putting up a set, to get a sport portrait. She was playing with the ball, and I took some shot of her.

Well, today Getty asked me to allow them to sell the first picture. So, thanks to the girl that signed the Model release, it is now up for sale. Will be exciting to see if it will be solled any time soon... Who knows, it could be used in an article about woman playing football. I will definently write back in this thread if it is solled.

Living in Austria, I am so glad that there is stuff like Gimp out there...
I am a happy giver, so if you find any misspelling in my text, you can keep them... :)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41388512@N05/ (external link)

cleyvosier
848 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 31, 2011 14:56 |  #20

i like the crop

Gear- Canon 50d, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM,Alien Bee 1600 & csr+ reciever, Sekonik L-358
Feedback

llie19
727 posts
Joined May 2010

Aug 01, 2011 11:17 |  #21

great that Getty took your picture. they must find something valuable and interesting in it. may i ask how you used flash? just a bare speedlite or with some modifier?

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/apolitical/ (external link)

kent ­ andersen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,071 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 12, 2012 08:00 |  #22

I used a canon 380EX with a difuser, and pointed it at her. No rocket science behind the lightening....

Living in Austria, I am so glad that there is stuff like Gimp out there...
I am a happy giver, so if you find any misspelling in my text, you can keep them... :)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41388512@N05/ (external link)

Fligi7
966 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 12, 2012 18:16 |  #23

It looks like there's not enough power in that speedlight for shooting directly into the sun, especially with the diffuser. I like the concept, but agree it needs more fill light.

Czbrat271
611 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Mar 17, 2012 01:33 |  #24

chantu wrote in post #12333802 (external link)
Interesting perspective, but let's face it, girls don't play football and it seems out of character. Since it is a portrait, I would like to see more of her face.

I beg to differ. My wife is an athletic trainer for the Manchester Freedom in New Hampshire. They play in an all girls professional football league. Some of them could probably kick our butts... :)

sponsored links

4,467 views & 0 likes for this thread
sport portrait...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.