Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 10 Mar 2012 (Saturday) 16:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Time for a new bag

Clark
559 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 10, 2012 16:16 |  #1

I'm thinking about a new bag. Not a need, just more of a want for something different. I have a Tamrac Areo Speed Pack 85. It works fine, but was thinking about a shoulder bag. What would fit the same amount of gear and a laptop in a shoulder bag? Any ideas?

Um... Hi

sponsored links
projectmayhem713
584 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 10, 2012 18:42 |  #2

I just ditched my Aero 85, which I loved, because my 70-200 would only fit attached to the body. Got a Kata Bug 255 UltraLight. Probably not what youre looking for but it's such an awesome upgrade from the Aero 85. Just FYI.

5D2 - 24-70 f2.8L - 50 1.4 - S100
My Blogsite (external link)

Clark
THREAD ­ STARTER
559 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 11, 2012 09:16 |  #3

projectmayhem713 wrote in post #14064004 (external link)
I just ditched my Aero 85, which I loved, because my 70-200 would only fit attached to the body. Got a Kata Bug 255 UltraLight. Probably not what youre looking for but it's such an awesome upgrade from the Aero 85. Just FYI.

I think I'm really looking for a shoulder bag. I use the Tamrac preet much that way now. Like I said, it's not a matter of need, the Tamrac is great for how I use it. Just hoping to get some feedback from some that use shoulder bags.

Um... Hi

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 11, 2012 10:59 |  #4

Have you looked at the Urban Disguise series. I have the 50 and it's a great bag.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Clark
THREAD ­ STARTER
559 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 11, 2012 12:54 |  #5

SuzyView wrote in post #14066692 (external link)
Have you looked at the Urban Disguise series. I have the 50 and it's a great bag.

No I haven't. Thanks. I will take a look.

Um... Hi

M635_Guy
232 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 11, 2012 13:25 |  #6

The Urban Disguise bags are really flexible for the space. I just wish they came in something other than ballistic black.

I've been loving my Timbuk2 Snoop bag a lot, too. You can see my pix etc. at my blog (link below)

My blog: Enthusiast Photographer (external link)
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/e24mpwr/sets/ (external link)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 11, 2012 19:04 |  #7

I agree. The black is boring, but they all match so it's nice. My new favorite bag is the Epiphanie Paris bag, which fits a small laptop and has the same size interior as my Domke F-802, but is for ladies and has a pink lining. I use it when I am not shooting as a pro. For all pro work I carry the UD50 and the Domke bags.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 12, 2012 10:09 |  #8

Consider the Think Tank Retro PS series? Messenger bag with different cloth.
If that's close but not the real thing, consider the LowePro Pro Messenger series.

Looking for something older/cheaper? LowePro Classified bag comes in "sepia" colour. I bought a black bag recently, and it was a real bargain. If I were working as a pro still it would suit me better; camera out/bag as a lens changer. Reason--It takes 2 hands to remove or fit my camera plus grip in the bag.
When I use it (to carry camera/iPad too) I wonder why I didn't just bring my Domke. It's so much easier to work with my F3X or F2.

Dave

Roxie2401
355 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 12, 2012 18:30 as a reply to  @ 2mnycars's post |  #9

+1 for the Lowepro Pro Messenger AW - three sizes + all weather cover.

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 12, 2012 20:22 |  #10

Sime hasn't posted here for a while about TT bags. Don't think he liked me posting about the raincover on the Retro bags.
But I wanted to let other potential buyers know that I found it so hard to put it on with bad weather pending. Then it didn't rain for a while (Atlantic storm--it looked just a little ways away.) I lost so many photos walking in to town from our hotel. And the Retro 10 is a heavy bag; I was only carrying my dslr with an 18-200 lens mounted. So I left the bag behind the next day, and slung the camera over my shoulder. My goretex shell coat saved my camera when I fell the next day, doing the same walk. Saved my camera, but I really didn't like having a bag unless I could shoot out of until a storm broke, and provide some protection for my gear. (Felt really old! I'm now 65...don't need reminders.) That's why I bought the billingham Digital. Such a sweet little bag!
I would like a larger Billingham, And I should just take the grip off my camera and get a Hadley Pro. Great shooter's bag! (Howard has been telling me that for a while, and I appreciate it. Howard, I have no pension and have Freedom 85--I'll be working until then, unless I win the lottery! )
When I looked at the Pro Messenger, I couldn't figure out how I would carry my iPad if I bought the smallest bag the rest of my gear would fit in...and I didn't want to shell out what it would cost to buy larger. Beautiful bag. I like it better than the TTRetro PS I had.

Dave

Clark
THREAD ­ STARTER
559 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 16, 2012 11:08 as a reply to  @ 2mnycars's post |  #11

The TT UD looks good, I have also found a Crumpler 8MDH near me on clearance for 129. I wish I didn't have to drive 2 hours to get a hands on with the think Tank.

Um... Hi

sponsored links

2,106 views & 0 likes for this thread
Time for a new bag
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.