Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 28 Feb 2012 (Tuesday) 12:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

AAFES coupon - One day only Leap Day Sale

blindshooter
228 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 29, 2012 20:04 |  #16

jaydonskies wrote in post #13993131 (external link)
Kinda new to the forums.. but whats the link to AAFES?

Not to sound like its a secret club or anything but it's truly one of those places where if you have to ask, it is not available to you.

AAFES is a military exchange store, both online and B&M store. You have to have a military ID card to use it.

sponsored links
secretninja
114 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Feb 29, 2012 20:27 |  #17

dang, if only there was a way around that,, I would love to get me a 100mm macro lens..

rob0225
268 posts
Joined May 2011

Feb 29, 2012 20:40 |  #18

Just snatched a 580 EX,

http://www.randsphoto.​com (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 01, 2012 10:06 |  #19

secretninja wrote in post #13994014 (external link)
dang, if only there was a way around that,, I would love to get me a 100mm macro lens..

There's not. It's exclusively for military members, dependents, and retirees...and their personal use only. If they were to buy one with the intent of reselling it to you, it would be illegal and they could lose their shopping privileges there forever.

With all this being said, for those of you who don't know anything about AAFES, for everyday shopping, it's not really that great. For household/standard items, Wal-Mart is usually cheaper. When it come to photography equipment, they have a very limited selection and the prices are normally in the same ballpark as Adorama, B&H, or Amazon. In many cases though, they are more expensive. But once or twice a year, a AAFES coupon will come out and you can a great one-time deal on one item...but with a limited selection.

Definitely a good deal for those who serve/have served, but it's not like there's continual access to sweet deals.

Bryan

My Gear List

musashi
795 posts
Joined Jul 2010
Location: Winchester, CA / San Diego, CA / North Hollywood, CA

Mar 01, 2012 11:52 |  #20

Damn! How did i miss this??? I wanted to get a sigma or canon 50mm for a while now. Maybe its a sign... Maybe im not suppose to get it... :(

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

--==Gear List & Feedback==--

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 01, 2012 18:44 |  #21

Got a s100 for 303.00, can't wait to get it bc everyone has been using my 300 hs around the house, the s100 will be for my use only...lol!!!

fotobird
84 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 14, 2012 17:57 |  #22

Anyone receive their items yet? Great deal, but the wait is killing me! (10-14 days for shipping is craziness!)

Canon 5d Mark II/Canon 40D/ Canon 17-40L/ Tamron 28-75/ Canon 85mm 1.8/Canon 50mm 1.4/Canon 55-250/ Canon 580 EX II

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 14, 2012 18:04 |  #23

I got my s100 about 4 days ago.

edmyloo
861 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 14, 2012 23:44 |  #24

I sent it to my buddy on active duty and he got it about a week ago. Got himself a nice prime! :D

Edmund Loo
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,168 views & 0 likes for this thread
AAFES coupon - One day only Leap Day Sale
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.