Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)

this thread is locked
Bealzabubba
77 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 18, 2012 17:20 |  #5581

Tachikaze wrote in post #14108241 (external link)
The CF card door on my D60 sticks. It is nearly impossible to slide open the door to extract the card. I am unable to find the wear issue that is creating the problem. I have resorted to leaving the card in place and connecting the camera to the computer to up load the photos.
Pressing on the door to slide it out and open is where the problem seems to be.

If you mean the SD card door on the 60D - wipe your fingers across your forehead or nose (assuming no makeup, of course), use that oil to lubricated the sides of the door.

disclaimer - I have no idea if this will damage the plastic if used long term, it's simply a solution I applied based upon somebody else' tip for lens hood lubrication, and it's worked for me for 6 months or so.

7D Gripped : 6D Gripped : Gadgets Galore

sponsored links
Rivest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 18, 2012 17:28 |  #5582

basketballfreak6 wrote in post #14108158 (external link)
thanks Rivest :P

shot was taken handheld, manual focus, shot with 100mm L macro with no flash, 1/100 shutter f/8 and iso800

Thanks, so it's definitely me the problem I guess. :(

Alex_Mk3 wrote in post #14107091 (external link)
I actually got them from a friend and I changed them around to fit my own style. It took me a while to figure it out lol.

Here is a couple of more.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

I like that one, I'd call it ''Gotta pee!'' :p

Just kidding, very nice shot. As other said, love your PP.

I told you I'd shoot on a beach this week-end! We've beat a heat record from 1943 today, what an awesome day. :cool:

5DMkII + 70-200mkII + Natural Light + Claudia =

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Hi, I'm David.

mondayshift
Goldmember
2,300 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 18, 2012 17:29 |  #5583

I actually got them from a friend and I changed them around to fit my own style. It took me a while to figure it out lol.

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

these are so damn good. great photos.

“Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.”
- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

Strontium
Durr?
7,411 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 18, 2012 17:55 |  #5584

xMClass wrote in post #14108761 (external link)
Fairly new 60D owner here. Never thought the flip screen would be useful until the other day when I took this "self portrait" with my new helmet. ;)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Totally in love, with this image. Thanks for sharing.

Kick ASS.

I am I

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,033 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 18, 2012 18:21 |  #5585

Str0ntium wrote in post #14108544 (external link)
Metering, for the win! Just remember that in high contrast situations, to switch back to average. For most situations, evaluative is best. Hit up the lighting thread. It's very informative.

thanks for your help.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

skwirnmn
Goldmember
1,058 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 18, 2012 18:34 |  #5586

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

meglet
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 18, 2012 18:49 |  #5587

Playing with still life a little bit today. I really need to get around to a "real" white box and lighting setup, so I can stop using my kitchen counter:

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6994446655_b17b9e7031_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …eghansgallery/6​994446655/  (external link)
78/365 - Shiny Green Apples (external link) by Meghan A (external link), on Flickr

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Tamron SP 60mm f/2 Macro Di II | Samyang 8mm f/3.8 VDSLR Fish-eye

doogle510
726 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 18, 2012 18:51 |  #5588

blackzarg wrote in post #14108412 (external link)
Nice shot! I also like the black material you used for the floor/background - gives a good reflection! What is it?

it's just a desk I have in my room, think I got if from target

7D Mark ii l 100mm f/2.8 l 70-200mm f/2.8 l Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 l Tamron 10-24mm l 430EXII
Flickr (external link)

OrangeImaging
341 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 18, 2012 19:09 |  #5589
bannedPermanent ban

Hey all!

I'm in a photographic rut. I'm out of subjects for my book, and while I knew finding subjects would be tough, I didn't realize it would be damn near impossible. I drive a bike, so I'm limited to photographing within a few mile radius of where I live (Denton, Tx), and I feel like I've already done it all. I don't even have the motivation to work on photos I'm backed up on, for lack of feeling creative. It's killing me. What do yall do in times like these?

Also, would anyone be willing to walk me through via-PM (since I'll have a lot of questions) the steps to buying filter sets? The flat square ones, I don't know what they're called, I just know I need to switch to them for several advantages over my Vari-ND filter.

Thanks for any help, advice yall can give!

Flickr (external link)
Gear

tomcat7886
Goldmember
3,277 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 18, 2012 19:15 |  #5590

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND

nice series. :D

Canon T2i | 18-55mm IS Kit | Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC | Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoommmmm! | Black Canon Edition Crumpler Industry Disgrace
Crumpler on Sale: BLACK https://photography-on-the.net ...ghlight=industry+di​sgrace

Strontium
Durr?
7,411 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 18, 2012 19:22 |  #5591

OrangeImaging wrote in post #14109274 (external link)
Hey all!

I'm in a photographic rut. I'm out of subjects for my book, and while I knew finding subjects would be tough, I didn't realize it would be damn near impossible. I drive a bike, so I'm limited to photographing within a few mile radius of where I live (Denton, Tx), and I feel like I've already done it all. I don't even have the motivation to work on photos I'm backed up on, for lack of feeling creative. It's killing me. What do yall do in times like these?

Also, would anyone be willing to walk me through via-PM (since I'll have a lot of questions) the steps to buying filter sets? The flat square ones, I don't know what they're called, I just know I need to switch to them for several advantages over my Vari-ND filter.

Thanks for any help, advice yall can give!

Can't help ya, with the filters. I'm too broke, to deal with it. Trust me, I would if I had the cash lol.

For me, though...it's not about subjects. It's about my brain and my state of mind.

Some days I can't think of **** to shoot. Some days I have ideas.

We are human. It's just the way it works.

I hang on, due to my love of this form of expression. It's the only way I've ever been able to show the world who or what I am...

I am I

babel_fish
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 18, 2012 19:27 |  #5592

Str0ntium wrote in post #14108544 (external link)
Metering, for the win! Just remember that in high contrast situations, to switch back to average. For most situations, evaluative is best. Hit up the lighting thread. It's very informative.

Also, remember that if shooting M mode, and ETTL, those don't mean a thing...

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
"dude, are you even paying attention!,
Mike

Strontium
Durr?
7,411 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 18, 2012 19:30 |  #5593

babel_fish wrote in post #14109360 (external link)
Also, remember that if shooting M mode, and ETTL, those don't mean a thing...

Hence, my asterisk comment, earlier...

I am I

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,033 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 18, 2012 20:09 |  #5594

I tried the manual mode in built-in flash. it looks there's a lot of guess work until you'll become familiar. the in-camera's light meter can't read it. you have to be able to familiarize the chart i guess.

is there any rules to follow regarding aperture-flash power ratio?

i learned something today though. thanks for my curiousity. I learnt the importance of using manual in flash even in the built-in camera flash. thanks guyz. POTN Rocks!

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

MakisM1
Cream of the Crop
5,590 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 18, 2012 20:31 |  #5595

vinmunoz wrote in post #14109646 (external link)
I tried the manual mode in built-in flash. it looks there's a lot of guess work until you'll become familiar. the in-camera's light meter can't read it. you have to be able to familiarize the chart i guess.

is there any rules to follow regarding aperture-flash power ratio?

i learned something today though. thanks for my curiousity. I learnt the importance of using manual in flash even in the built-in camera flash. thanks guyz. POTN Rocks!

Use a test shot and the histogram!:D

That's what I do with studio portraits, since I haven't ponied up for a flash meter...

Gerry
Canon 5D MkIII/Canon 60D/Canon EF-S 18-200/Canon EF 24-70L USM II/Canon EF 70-200L 2.8 USM II/Canon EF 50 f1.8 II/Σ 8-16/ 430 EXII
OS: Linux Ubuntu/PostProcessing: Darktable/Image Processing: GIMP

sponsored links

1,277,295 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.