Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Mar 2012 (Friday) 00:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Who's Pre-Ordering the 5D MKIII?

julius071
496 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 21, 2012 18:39 |  #1081

Holy fishcakes, mines shipped out today and will be in my hands on friday!!! come on friday!!!

Capturing moments one snap at a time.

sponsored links
Cody21
592 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 21, 2012 18:46 |  #1082

OK, from now on, House Rule : If you say "Shipped", must say from which company. :-)

---------------

5DM3 | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 70-200mm IS f/4L | 24-105 f/4L | Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 | Speedlite 430EX

dave.richards
127 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 21, 2012 18:47 |  #1083

just swung by my local camera store and they have them in stock, so I just picked one up! Will be cancelling my B&H preorder. woohoo!

anyone in the south bay area, Silvios on Hawthorne (by Del Amo mall) has them in stock!

dave.richards
The Website (external link)
The Blog (external link)

jbgreig
91 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 21, 2012 18:51 as a reply to  @ julius071's post |  #1084

I haven't given up on Amazon yet. I know they have the ability to churn out an astronomical number of shipments in a very short period of time.

But I have a 5D3 and 1DX on pre-order from them. If they don't come through pretty quickly I'm definitely going to move my pre-order (1DX) to Adorama. I only went with Amazon since I was a prime member. $3.99 next day delivery is hard to beat. But certainly not when it gets here several days later than the competition.

5D3, Gripped 7d, Gripped T1i - 70-200mm f/2.8L II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 100-400 F/4-5.6L IS, 24-70 F/2.8 L, Sigma 30, Nifty Fifty, Gitzo 3541XLS, RRS BH-55, Gitzo GM3551, RRS-BH30, Gitzo GT1541T, S95, D10, D20, 2.0 and 1.4 Extenders, 580EX II, 600EX-RTx2, PCB Einstein x2, etc

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 21, 2012 19:33 |  #1085

Just picked ours up from Progear in Auckland!!

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 21, 2012 20:03 |  #1086

Shipping label created for Adorama. I decided to cheap out and go with free shipping so it'll arrive sometime next week, haha.

Time to go cancel my Amazon order. I ordered in the first few minutes of that one opening up too. "Shipping soon. Cancellation isn't guaranteed. We're preparing this order for shipment. If you'd like to cancel item(s) from this order, check the Cancel Item box next to the item(s) and click "Request cancellation." We'll do our best to cancel the item(s) selected."

Strange because it also says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate."

5d3,17-40,24-105,24 1.4,85 1.4,70-200 2.8 is ii

*GoldFish*
52 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 21, 2012 20:05 |  #1087

Is there already battery grip for mark 3?

5D mark 3/T2i (550D)/ Canon 24-70 2.8L/ Canon 70-200 2.8L IS II/ Canon Speedlite 580 EXII/ Manfrotto 190CXPRO3/ Manfrotto 054 Q2

Phrasikleia
Goldmember
1,828 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 21, 2012 20:15 |  #1088

bzollinger wrote in post #14128172 (external link)
Congrats to you!!

Thank you! :)

*GoldFish* wrote in post #14129008 (external link)
Is there already battery grip for mark 3?

Yes, but they aren't shipping yet.

Photography by Erin Babnik (external link) | Newsletter (external link) | Photo Cascadia Team Member (external link) | Facebook (external link)

71sbeetle
Goldmember
3,482 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 21, 2012 20:37 as a reply to  @ Phrasikleia's post |  #1089

I was hoping they'd do what Amazon usually does with BluRays that I pre-order:
They ship them so that they arrive on release day.
Looks like that is what Adorama did ..... If only their website had worked when I was trying to order, I "wasted" 15+ minutes waiting for their order page to come up and ended up ordering from Adorama ... paid for overnight too .... Looks like I should have pre-ordered from both places like many people did .... lesson learned.

gareymartin.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
gear list | CPS.
eBay (external link) | POTN
VWVortex (external link)

scpictaker
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 21, 2012 20:46 |  #1090

Picked mine up from The Camera Company in Madison WIS today..........just firing it up now!!

My Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D MKIII l 7D MKII l 24-105L l 16-35 L II l Sigma 50 1.4 ART l 70-200 2.8 L II l 24-70L l EOS M l 2X III l Rok 14mm

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 21, 2012 20:51 |  #1091

You know, once the dust settles it would be interesting to do a poll: who got the 1DX, who got the 5D3, who got both, and who got the D800 -- everybody has been so hyped up this week, I think it would be interesting to get some "numbers" (and to hear brief comments without bickering:))!

'Course it wouldn't be "time" until after the D800 and the 1DX are taking up shelf space!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

darktiger
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 21, 2012 20:59 |  #1092

Cancelled my Adorama and amazon order..... so some people moved up on the list :)

My Flickr (external link)
My Gear
My Zenfolio (external link)

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 21, 2012 21:18 |  #1093

My 5D3 is now in Newark, NJ... Probably catching a plane tonight for Memphis back to Cleveland in the morning! Watching tracking is so exciting! :p

Speaking of which, this should be the plane carrying a few dozen 5D3's to the Cleveland area tomorrow morning! (not the exact plane, but you get the idea!)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i258.photobucke​t.com …0/invertalon/IM​G_4579.jpg (external link)

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

JLai81
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 21, 2012 21:18 |  #1094

Still trying to figure out what the heck happened to my Adorama order. I'm assuming they processed it on my credit card and were about to put the shipping label on then ..."Ohhhh...7pm. Time to go home."

Charged, but not shipped. Fail. :(

Gear List

pbelarge
Goldmember
2,837 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 21, 2012 21:21 as a reply to  @ darktiger's post |  #1095

I went to Unique Photo - http://store.uniquepho​to.com/e/ (external link) - in NJ tonight by email invitation. They have the camera/kit lens in stock and for sale as of tonight. The camera body is being sold to those on the list first. I will have mine next week. They told me approximately, within 3 days of when I would receive the camera.

I was able to spend a considerable amount of time with the camera and several different lenses.

1. The shutter is different and in my opinion much, much better.
2. The menu has changed and will take a couple of days to get used to.
3. There are more custom features, which really makes the camera a personal use tool -awesome.
4. It is TOO fast, I may not be a pro, but it is lightning fast.
5. The AF is spot on.
6. The 'feel' of the camera is noticeable as soon as you pick it up.
7. Same battery, and the same as the 7D -for anyone who also shoots the 7D - like me. :D
8. Some of the controls for the 5DIII are similar to the 7D - it is a good thing.
9. The AF has several customizable features, I did not get to see all of them. There were too many people there waiting to try the 5 bodies being used by Unique Photo.
10. I did not get to try the digital features, I will when I receive the camera early next week.
11. I was not able to make any extensive tests with the ISO, but the little I did was a distinct change in the results, even on the screen.
I could go on, but I want to get it in my hands and spend a couple of days with it. When I receive it next week, I will take a few days off of work and get it a run through. Anyone who says this camera is not much different than the 5DII, did not use the 5DII much. Not too many things get me excited, this camera sure did tonight. :cool:

My 5DII is going for sale tonight!

just a few of my thoughts...
Pierre

sponsored links

193,211 views & 0 likes for this thread
Who's Pre-Ordering the 5D MKIII?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.