Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 21 Mar 2012 (Wednesday) 15:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cameron - Senior

Seventeen ­ Nineteen
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 22, 2012 10:33 |  #16

gonzogolf wrote in post #14132184 (external link)
Be careful about adopting this mindset. Of course you want to satisfy your customer, no dispute there. Most of your clients will not have a discerning eye, its up to you to determine quality and strive for it. I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this but actually encouraging you to not settle for mediocre because thats all your clients expect.

I agree completely. Sort of what I was implying.

Portfolio (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
30,270 posts
Gallery: 296 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 22, 2012 10:35 |  #17

Seventeen Nineteen wrote in post #14132214 (external link)
I agree completely. Sort of what I was implying.

Yeah, I was so slow in typing that you beat me to it.

Seventeen ­ Nineteen
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 22, 2012 10:36 |  #18

gonzogolf wrote in post #14132230 (external link)
Yeah, I was so slow in typing that you beat me to it.

Haha - slow or not - good advice.

Flickr (external link)

sennsm
THREAD ­ STARTER
65 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 22, 2012 10:42 as a reply to  @ post 14132184 |  #19

I agree with both of you. yes I do not want to have them tell me what is good and what isnt. That is why I posted that photo here. it was a new process and it was helpful to find out that it had way too much yellow. I just didnt see it. but i can promise that i will from now on because i will remember this conversation. But Michael, i think that since the consumer has infinite options out there when it come to the arts. They are going to gravitate towards the style that they like whether they can or cant do it themselves. I wasnt implying that I show these to my client and then have them suggest changes. that is like you going to the mechanic and telling him what to do. I just mea that if my client likes the style that I produce, then they are aware of that style coming into the shoot and I take it that they like it when they contact me to begin with. you follow me?

And I absolutely appreciate you two taking the time interact with me. I enjoy it.

Rebel T2i
18-55mm IS /50mm IS 1.4/Tamron 75-300
My Site (external link)
My Facebook (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

Seventeen ­ Nineteen
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 22, 2012 10:58 |  #20

So do I - its fun!

I do know what you mean - and I agree that they will most likely gravitate towards a particular style, but its still up to us to make choices. I'd still argue that it doesn't matter what they like. But we're sort of talking about different ends of the process. The 'before' the shoot and the 'after' the shoot.

sennsm wrote in post #14132275 (external link)
I agree with both of you. yes I do not want to have them tell me what is good and what isnt. That is why I posted that photo here. it was a new process and it was helpful to find out that it had way too much yellow. I just didnt see it. but i can promise that i will from now on because i will remember this conversation. But Michael, i think that since the consumer has infinite options out there when it come to the arts. They are going to gravitate towards the style that they like whether they can or cant do it themselves. I wasnt implying that I show these to my client and then have them suggest changes. that is like you going to the mechanic and telling him what to do. I just mea that if my client likes the style that I produce, then they are aware of that style coming into the shoot and I take it that they like it when they contact me to begin with. you follow me?

And I absolutely appreciate you two taking the time interact with me. I enjoy it.

Flickr (external link)

sennsm
THREAD ­ STARTER
65 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 22, 2012 11:13 as a reply to  @ Seventeen Nineteen's post |  #21

And Michael, I forgot to mention, I really like your work. at least what you have on Flickr, i didnt look at the rest.

Rebel T2i
My Site (external link)

Seventeen ­ Nineteen
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 22, 2012 11:19 |  #22

sennsm wrote in post #14132479 (external link)
And Michael, I forgot to mention, I really like your work. at least what you have on Flickr, i didnt look at the rest.

Oh thanks a lot! If you saw my stuff on Flickr then you've seen it all! I've been a designer for about 8-9 years, but I just picked up a camera about 4 months ago. I've been shooting like mad ever since! There's a lot to learn...

Flickr (external link)

Seventeen ­ Nineteen
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 22, 2012 11:20 |  #23

^checking out your stream. I see you've been a bit like me - processing kind of all over the place..trying to settle on a style maybe..

Flickr (external link)

sennsm
THREAD ­ STARTER
65 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 22, 2012 11:37 as a reply to  @ Seventeen Nineteen's post |  #24

yeah, my most current work is on my facebook or my website. I am all over the place with editing. I am still trying to find my style. I am leaning toward the vintage. I just hope attracts clients. Funny yousay that you are a designer. I do a little graphic design as a hobby. I have taught myself Photoshop and I do all of the graphics work for my church.

Rebel T2i
My Site (external link)

Seventeen ­ Nineteen
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 22, 2012 11:46 |  #25

sennsm wrote in post #14132624 (external link)
yeah, my most current work is on my facebook or my website. I am all over the place with editing. I am still trying to find my style. I am leaning toward the vintage. I just hope attracts clients. Funny yousay that you are a designer. I do a little graphic design as a hobby. I have taught myself Photoshop and I do all of the graphics work for my church.

You'll find it. It'll hit you in the face pretty hard and then you'll wonder, 'how did I not realize that this is what I wanted?' You'll get there.

A little graphic design huh? Nice - but don't use photoshop for it! Ah...killing me. Rasterized text is the worst...haha. Get yourself InDesign and learn it!

Flickr (external link)

jenirose3
Goldmember
1,268 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 22, 2012 11:50 |  #26

I think your vintage needs a bit more tweeking and I agree the tilts don't work here.

Jeni
Canon 5D|20D|L Glass|Primes|ABs|580ex​II|pocketwizards
Looking for: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
http://www.lolaandme.c​om (external link), http://www.provocateur​photography.com (external link), http://www.modelmayhem​.com/provocateurphotog​raphy (external link)

sponsored links

3,108 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cameron - Senior
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.