Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 Oct 2011 (Tuesday) 00:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

OFFICIAL: Canon 1D X announced

rockygarcia
391 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 23, 2012 14:18 |  #3676

Mark II wrote in post #14140292 (external link)
Just pre-ordered! :D

Ditto, just canceled my 5DIII pre-order at Amazon and preordered the 1Dx. This camera looks to be SICK!!

1DX | 17-40 F4L | 24-70 2.8L | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8 | 200 2.8L for sale | 70-200 2.8 IS IIL | 300 F4L | 100-400L | Kenko Pro 300 1.4x DGX | 2x Canon Tele III | 430EXII

sponsored links
umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
11,096 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 23, 2012 14:23 as a reply to  @ rockygarcia's post |  #3677

Just waiting for B&H to get stock. My wife is gonna kill me:o

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 23, 2012 14:31 |  #3678

umphotography wrote in post #14138916 (external link)
Did you guys see the B&H video

5 stops iso improvement over the current 1DsMKIIIbw!

Well, the 1DX adds four stops of ISO that the 1DsMkIII doesn't even have...

The 1Ds max's out at what, 1600 ISO?

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

squaresnappr
278 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 23, 2012 15:09 as a reply to  @ FlyingPhotog's post |  #3679

I preordered my 1DX but have a feeling I will not be getting it until May. Some people say April 22/2012. I was talking to another photographer in the camera store and he mentioned I probably won't get it until the summer. Apparantly he knows some people at Canon Canada. The specs and the information out there is exciting. Can't wait to get my hands on it because I tried it at an unveiling store and the ergonomics of it is nice.

The extra buttons and the added joystick since I shoot a lot in portrait orientation. The LCD lighting in red is nicer than blue IMO.

Thanks umphotography for that video, it was pretty informative.

My Gear
http://www.solofotogra​phy.com (external link)
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/1896508 (external link)

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 23, 2012 15:14 |  #3680

If Canon cannot get the 1Dx out soon, its going to backfire on them badly. The Olympics in July will not wait and the photographers employed to cover the various events cannot wait either.

Why Canon have allowed themselves to be sidetracked by the 5D3 I have no idea, but it might prove a costly mistake.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

woos
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 23, 2012 15:58 |  #3681

Wow, notice in that b&h video clip it claims that the 1dx will in camera fix BOTH types of CA??? Wow. That's pretty bad-ass ;)

amanathia.zenfolio.com

iLvision
Cream of the Crop
5,766 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 23, 2012 16:07 |  #3682
bannedPermanent ban

Can't wait till they have them in stock.
I'll be all over that 1Dx. Surprisingly, I dont really want the 5Diii. Time for a D-series body

Ilya | Gear | flickr (external link) D800| 14-300mm f/1.4GL ED VR III USWM

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Mar 23, 2012 16:35 |  #3683

More and more this camera looks like the camera to beat. I just hope it come out sometime this year ;-)a

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,642 posts
Gallery: 1656 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Mar 23, 2012 16:39 |  #3684

I'm just curious how this camera fairs against the 5D3 IQ wise. (Yes, yes... it's 2x the cost so it's not really comparable some might say.) They're both FF, slight difference in IQ. I still want to know/see how the two stack up against one another IQ wise. :D

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

squaresnappr
278 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 23, 2012 16:49 |  #3685

Lowner wrote in post #14140695 (external link)
If Canon cannot get the 1Dx out soon, its going to backfire on them badly. The Olympics in July will not wait and the photographers employed to cover the various events cannot wait either.

Why Canon have allowed themselves to be sidetracked by the 5D3 I have no idea, but it might prove a costly mistake.

I am assuming because they can sell a lot more 5d3's and thats interesting so you think the canon photogs might jump ship? Or how will it backfire on them?

In talking with fellow photographers and the camera stores, the official release date is very clouded and a mystery.

My Gear
http://www.solofotogra​phy.com (external link)
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/1896508 (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 23, 2012 16:53 |  #3686

I think canon was more worried about missing sales of the 5D3 to the D800 than they are in getting 1DXs into the hands of Olympics photographers. I mean, sure this was their goal, but the 1DX was not invented just for the Olympics. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think the Olympics are really as important as everyone wants them to be.

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,055 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 23, 2012 17:09 |  #3687

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14141391 (external link)
I think canon was more worried about missing sales of the 5D3 to the D800

As they should be.

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14141391 (external link)
than they are in getting 1DXs into the hands of Olympics photographers. I mean, sure this was their goal, but the 1DX was not invented just for the Olympics. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think the Olympics are really as important as everyone wants them to be.

I'm pretty sure that Canon will get cameras, even if just "early production" units, into Olympic photographers hands in time for the games. These are internationally televised events and I'm sure Canon appreciates the PR impact of the sea of white Canon lenses aimed at the athletes.

The rest of us will end up with later units because the first ones are going to London.

I just hope we're not waiting too long. I can't stand the wait already and the missus is holding a fist-full of vacation brochures and eyeing the camera fund...

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 23, 2012 18:09 |  #3688

Agreed! Canon will have some amount of the 1DX in the games. And me too for the wait. I may end up having to get a 5D3 just to make due until the 1DX comes out (which I think is going to take a very long time to get)

jdizzle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 23, 2012 23:02 |  #3689

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #14140447 (external link)
Well, the 1DX adds four stops of ISO that the 1DsMkIII doesn't even have...

The 1Ds max's out at what, 1600 ISO?

ISO 3200. Not a big deal imo. :)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 23, 2012 23:06 |  #3690

jdizzle wrote in post #14143087 (external link)
ISO 3200. Not a big deal imo. :)

Ok, it adds three stops of ISO right out of the box... :lol:

(I'd almost forgotten that the 1DX is still waiting in the wings)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

sponsored links

537,520 views & 0 likes for this thread
OFFICIAL: Canon 1D X announced
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.