Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 28 Jan 2010 (Thursday) 10:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show us your rescue/pound dogs!

MartaPR
25 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 01, 2012 19:54 as a reply to  @ post 10461264 |  #286

Here's Scoops - a second Puerto Rican Sato (street dog) rescue for the thread. She was in horrible shape when we got her - cover girl for ASPCA. Now happy and healthy. Great addition to the family! A sato's loyalty knows no bounds!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
dawnkyung
948 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 02, 2012 08:08 as a reply to  @ MartaPR's post |  #287

I always think it's funny when people tell me that they want a puppy because if you get an older dog, it won't be as attached to you. That's total BS. Shade was 2 or 3 when I got her and you couldn't pry her from my side if you tried. She is completely devoted. I love rescue dogs!

dawn | 29 | gear

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 02, 2012 08:18 |  #288

When I adopted Merri they told me she was almost four months old (she was already 15 pounds). When I got her to the vet a few days later he told me that she was only nine weeks old and that her extra toes on her hind legs only happen with Great Pyrenees and St Bernards. :)

Judging by the shape of her head and depth of her chest, plus the vet's opinion, I suspect she is a black lab/pyr mix:

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7027/6824586147_e17b060cc6_z.jpg

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

B.Miller
802 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 08, 2012 12:53 |  #289

My Chocolate Lab Coco. She is trained to retrieve ducks and runs many hunting tests. She has her started and seasoned titles under her belt. Working on Senior now.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

It gives me the greatest satisfaction to be able to go and compete with $1500 purebred dogs and know that I have a companion for life that I took out of a bad situation and improved quality of life for the both of us :)

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 08, 2012 13:10 |  #290

B.Miller wrote in post #14050343 (external link)
My Chocolate Lab Coco. She is trained to retrieve ducks and runs many hunting tests. She has her started and seasoned titles under her belt. Working on Senior now.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

It gives me the greatest satisfaction to be able to go and compete with $1500 purebred dogs and know that I have a companion for life that I took out of a bad situation and improved quality of life for the both of us :)

That is definitely a great feeling. I have a friend who had a chocolate lab rescue that he just lost. It was a similar situation.

My most compelling rescue is actually my cat. He was attempting to kill anyone who walked past the kennel he was being kept in when he was at the "adopt a pet" day at PetSmart. I went in not expecting to adopt a cat - I was getting pet food. But I had had an ankle biter that I had lost recently, and his fierceness was compelling. He buried his teeth in the side of my hand when I went to pet him and I went home with a cat. I am pretty sure I saved him from euthanasia, because everyone at that foster agency was shocked that anyone would take "that cat."

There is a really special feeling when a cat who hates everyone climbs onto your chest purring and kneading to spend a few special moments with you. When an animal doesn't do that for anyone else you feel so incredibly honored to have their trust.

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

lafutura
33 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 20, 2012 02:24 |  #291

i think this is my favorite photo group of all the ones here...warms my heart incredibly to see rescued animals living such wonderful lives (and having it captured so well photographically)!

ebondanes
Goldmember
1,082 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 25, 2012 06:34 |  #292

Big Frost wrote in post #10220641 (external link)
My dog and my Dad sitting on a bench on my parent's front bench...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
| Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

I am a big fan of black and white shots. I love this one, it just speaks to me.

Julie Ford
http://juliefordphotog​raphy.com (external link)
Canon 7D - 40D - 20D
70-200L 2.8 IS - Nifty 50 - Canon 75-300 1:4-5.6 IS

AdroitCelerity
39 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 25, 2012 22:21 |  #293

Took in Sammy about 4 years ago.
He's still really barky to other male dogs but is nice to humans. Chowhound.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

T2i gripped | 50mm 1.2L
www.vanloanfilm.com (external link)

AdroitCelerity
39 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 25, 2012 22:23 |  #294

He's a mutt but we're thinking maybe Australian Cattle Dog/Husky, but maybe there's some Akita in there.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Noir Sam
IMAGE NOT FOUND

T2i gripped | 50mm 1.2L
www.vanloanfilm.com (external link)

pheldozer
28 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 25, 2012 13:17 |  #295

grabbed this guy 2 years ago. they found him wandering around bridgeport, CT(not a very nice city) in february. my vet's best guess is that he's a shepherd/lab/beagle/hu​sky mix. 50 lbs and about 4 years old.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

WRXTACY
763 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 26, 2012 19:24 |  #296

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7124/7094621799_ec982bddc8_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/brandon712/7094​621799/  (external link)
Penny (external link) by Brandon712 (external link), on Flickr

Penny Lane, we rescued her about 8 months ago

-Brandon-
Canon 5D Mark 2 | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 135mm f/2.0 L | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 IS L
Full Gear List | My flickr (external link)

NinaR
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 26, 2012 19:32 |  #297

My dad brought her to us over 12 yrs ago, she had been tied to a building and when my dad stopped to ask about her the owner just gave her to him. Jessi girl has been the best dog in the world!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

When gifts are given to me through my camera, I accept them graciously. Minor White
Canon T2i
Canon point & shoot A710IS

amanda_melb
66 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 27, 2012 01:11 |  #298

This is Turbo. He was found dumped on the side of the road as a little puppy and handed in to the Lort Smith Animal Hospital, where my partner a Vet saw him come in. His rear right leg was broken in two places. We thought he was really cute, so we had his leg repaired and adopted him! Had we not adopted him he'd have been euthanized :( he is a wonderful member of the family, albeit a little anxious at times and isnt a fan of strangers.

here he is outside our house... he appears to be a Pug x Chihuahua

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7083/7098848231_ab750ac344_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/amandawithey/7​098848231/  (external link)
This is Turbo guarding our front door... would you mess with him? (external link) by mmanda withers (external link), on Flickr

Canon 6D - Canon 50mm F1.4 USM
Olympus OM-D E-M10 - Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye - Olympus M. Zuiko 17mm F1.8 - Olympus 40 - 150mm
flickr (external link)

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 18, 2012 21:39 |  #299

This our possible new addition.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

twoshadows
THREAD ­ STARTER
Liquid Nitrogen
7,038 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jul 2007

May 26, 2012 18:40 |  #300

Cute^^^

Good luck with the little one... :)

xgender.net (external link) Miss Julia Grey (she/her/Miss)
OST, API, PPP & MLI explained (external link)

sponsored links

120,463 views & 15 likes for this thread
Show us your rescue/pound dogs!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.