Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 19 Mar 2012 (Monday) 20:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

saw wedding video... finally!

SOK
Goldmember
1,592 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 22, 2012 20:15 as a reply to  @ post 14135309 |  #16

This is a very strange thread.

It's curious that you have any interest in photography at all.

Steve
SOK Images - Wedding and Event Photography Gold Coast (external link)

sponsored links
Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Gallery: 211 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 22, 2012 20:21 |  #17

Gomar wrote in post #14135283 (external link)
Aha! My point exactly. So does your wife shut her eyes every time her ex-friend comes on in the wedding video? Did you edit her out? Throw away shots of her or with her?

Now as for your "friends". Any one of them bother to find or friend you on facebook? Or even ask how married life is going, say 5 or 10 or 20 years later? Are you happy to stare at faces you havent seen in years; and probably will never ever see?

Reminds me of a PBS doc on those who lost their homes to foreclosure. A 31 year old ex-socialite whose family lost their fortune and home when the stock market crashed, was shown lving in a 1 bedroom apt. She happily showed a video of her 21st birthday bash, complete with DJ, celebs, models, photogs, so-called "friends", etc.
When asked if she is in contact with any of those people, she said when she lost her $$$ all her "friends" were gone too. She obviously kept the video as a reminder of her long ago rich life.

I think you missed my point. At the time we got married those people were important people in our lives. That's why they were there. Neither of us avoid photos just because we may not be in touch with someone anymore. That's stupid. BTW, I'm sure if my cousins were to watch my wedding video there would be plenty of people in there they didn't know, most likely more than half of the guests at least. Should we not have invited anyone who didn't intimately know everyone else that was coming. :confused:

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Gomar
THREAD ­ STARTER
527 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 23, 2012 12:18 |  #18

Scatterbrained wrote in post #14135929 (external link)
I think you missed my point. At the time we got married those people were important people in our lives. That's why they were there. Neither of us avoid photos just because we may not be in touch with someone anymore.

Ok, so if you choose to stare at people who were important in your lives 10-20years ago, but no longer are (and whom you will never see again) fine, that's your right. I am sure they dont feel that way, and have trashed all photos&videos of you or with you.

I had people find me 5-10 years later and hit me up for money. Well, after telling 'em to buzz off, I dug up photos of them and/or with them and trashed them... even if we might have had good times back then. If my opinion of someone changes, I dont want to be reminded of them.

Gomar
THREAD ­ STARTER
527 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 23, 2012 12:22 |  #19

SOK wrote in post #14135874 (external link)
This is a very strange thread.
It's curious that you have any interest in photography at all.

To me photography is not about remembering your friends from 20 years ago, or watching a wedding video if you got divorced 10 years ago, etc.
If my grandpa is 92, I know he'll kick the bucket soon, so every opportunity I have to be photographed with him, I'll take it.

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 23, 2012 12:38 |  #20

Anyway, lesson is, dont invite friends to your wedding whom you know you will never see nor hear from again as soon as you move out. Dont invite anyone you feel are headed for divorce; nor anyone who runs off with your boy/girlfriend. Otherwise, you'll be staring at their mugs for the rest of your miserable married life.

Can you image compiling your guest list with you fiancee'? To have your guest list meet this criteria, it would take all year *LOL* You would have to create a question tree and then agree on the outcome? So if there is a split decision then you would need a third party as a tie breaker.

Curious...

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 23, 2012 13:23 |  #21

This thread is SOO odd, I am really hoping this is just a joke. I mean, really? Predict your future friends?

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 23, 2012 18:16 |  #22

Red Tie Photography wrote in post #14140083 (external link)
This thread is SOO odd, I am really hoping this is just a joke. I mean, really? Predict your future friends?

The humorous thing is, he talks about trashing photos of people he doesn't like anymore, which should prove that his theory is invalid, in so far as he himself hasn't been able to avoid taking photos with people he ended up not associating with. Yet he marches on. . . .:lol:

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 23, 2012 19:27 |  #23

Scatterbrained wrote in post #14141850 (external link)
The humorous thing is, he talks about trashing photos of people he doesn't like anymore, which should prove that his theory is invalid, in so far as he himself hasn't been able to avoid taking photos with people he ended up not associating with. Yet he marches on. . . .:lol:

Haha, I like your mind.

I've read a few other posts by him. They mostly come out troll-ish and I'm guessing the intention of this post was no different. And it's working. We are sheep to trolls.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

SOK
Goldmember
1,592 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 23, 2012 20:50 as a reply to  @ PeaceFire's post |  #24

All I can picture is Forever Alone guy binning the family album!

Steve
SOK Images - Wedding and Event Photography Gold Coast (external link)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 23, 2012 21:36 |  #25

SOK wrote in post #14142505 (external link)
All I can picture is Forever Alone guy binning the family album!

Me thinks Gomar is driving around New England looking for the Lacuna corp. I Think he'd be a prime candidate for multiple trips to see Dr. Mierzwaik.:lol:

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

Candyann
113 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Mar 25, 2012 21:39 |  #26

You should probably avoid all relationships and friendships because hey, you never know. Sounds like a lonely hallow life. Can I recommend a shrink?

darosk
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 25, 2012 21:44 |  #27

I think the stats say that the divorce rate these days is 50% or even more these days?

Just take the guest list and chop the bottom half off, that'll be about right.

Tumblr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Youtube (external link)
Gear

jc1350
158 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 26, 2012 07:10 |  #28

Scatterbrained wrote in post #14142670 (external link)
Me thinks Gomar is driving around New England looking for the Lacuna corp. I Think he'd be a prime candidate for multiple trips to see Dr. Mierzwaik.:lol:

"Don't forget. With Lacuna, you can forget."

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=Meam4ixHR3s (external link)

--
John

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 26, 2012 13:28 |  #29

jc1350 wrote in post #14154642 (external link)
"Don't forget. With Lacuna, you can forget."

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=Meam4ixHR3s (external link)

I can't believe people in the comments asking if that was real!?:lol::lol:

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

sponsored links

3,348 views & 0 likes for this thread
saw wedding video... finally!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.