Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!

this thread is locked
Csae
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 26, 2012 10:48 |  #9721

AzzKicker wrote in post #14155582 (external link)
Just a quick question but is the 1DsII screen better than the 5Dc?

I think slightly worse? Or the same.

I think it was slightly worse, but i haven't had a 5dc in a loong time.

Feel free to call me Case.
CasePhoto.ca (external link) - FanPage (external link)
-Montreal based Photography.

sponsored links
sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 26, 2012 11:00 |  #9722

5dc screen is larger with a litte better resolution.

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 26, 2012 11:03 |  #9723

Patrick, great soccer shots. I want the new 5d3 and it means I have to sell either this one of my 1d3 :( i want to keep the 1ds2 as to have 2 FF. i also shoot kids soccer so it's nice to see it can do sports too.

Sonny

AzzKicker
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 26, 2012 11:03 |  #9724

WoW :( lol

Ruben D. Zamora
Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 20-35L,Genesis 200 Strobe

wannabegood
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 26, 2012 12:35 |  #9725

Just sold my 5DC and can say, for me at least, the 1DsMkII has a better screen. Definately. The screen on my 5DC was off color and horrendous to look at after shooting with the 5D2. The 1DsMkII has that clear spot-on color that the 5DMkII has, albeit smaller.

Dale
1Ds MkII, 5D MkII w/Canon gLass & G1X w/ 250D

AzzKicker
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 26, 2012 13:17 |  #9726

wannabegood wrote in post #14156363 (external link)
Just sold my 5DC and can say, for me at least, the 1DsMkII has a better screen. Definately. The screen on my 5DC was off color and horrendous to look at after shooting with the 5D2. The 1DsMkII has that clear spot-on color that the 5DMkII has, albeit smaller.

I really love the COLORS my 5DC produces and the images are just awesome and sharp. Would you say the 1DsII has the same Images? especially RAW? I'm thinking of ditching my 1DIV for a 1DsII lol :)

Ruben D. Zamora
Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 20-35L,Genesis 200 Strobe

jj_glos
Goldmember
1,938 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 26, 2012 15:59 |  #9727

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Jennie (external link) by jj_glos (external link), on Flickr

wannabegood
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 26, 2012 16:17 |  #9728

Yes, the 5DC's images are awesome, made it hard to let it go. Wish I hadn't had to. And yes, the colors, IQ, the presence is there in the images from the 1DsMkII. Love the images, like you're there, which is what I strive for. It actually outdid my 5DMkII yesterday, same lens, tripod used, the images from the 1DsMkII are ever so slightly better. IMO. Also noticed to expose similarly the 1DsMkII took a faster shutter speed. The 5DMkII had to be manually focused to get the left eye in focus as there were no points near the eye to pick it up. The overall rendition is better with the 1DsMkII at larger viewing especially, wish I still had the 5Dc to compare a trio but sold it a month or so ago. Obviously, I'm very happy with the pair I now have, image quality is outstanding either way, better focus ability with the 1DsMkII for portraits and such, better low light with the 5DMkII. With one drawback. The 5 now feels like a toy in my hands!! Only had the 1DsMkII for 2 weeks, lol!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Dale

wannabegood
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 26, 2012 16:20 |  #9729

Nice shot of Jennie, JJ, what a cutie! ;)

Dale

DownEaster
105 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 26, 2012 22:56 |  #9730

Hey folks. I just picked up my 1DsII about a month ago and I was wondering how often you guys used the "refresh" option on the charger as opposed to just the "charge" option. I don't recall seeing it in my manual.

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 26, 2012 23:45 |  #9731

I usually refresh every 5 full charges or so. I pressed it and left it over night.

Sonny

wannabegood
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 27, 2012 10:32 as a reply to  @ sonnyc's post |  #9732

I've read that you should refresh it every 2 to 3 weeks but of course that would depend on your use, so this is questionable. I searched and found the instruction manual for the NC-E2 charger here: http://www.rtope.com/m​i/NC-E2_Instructions.pdf (external link)

It doesn't seem to indicate the frequency of refresh mode to obtain best possible results so I've put in a request with Canon to see where that goes.

Dale

J-Blake
Great Googley Moogley!
2,072 posts
Gallery: 113 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 27, 2012 11:04 |  #9733

If I drained the battery completely during use I just charge it. If I'm going out and want a full charge but the last use didn't exhaust the current charge then I refresh it.

Jon
So much to learn, so little time.
A few worthy shots (external link)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 27, 2012 11:43 |  #9734

wannabegood wrote in post #14153236 (external link)
Went out with the family today, gorgeous day, and met up with a very nice old gent with some nice old cars and a very willing aptitude to share them! Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together? My daughter, 16, in the old Lincoln convertible. We rode with him to his garage in the 36 Ford behind her. Taken with the 1DsMkII and 50 1.4, some fancy footwork in the beta Photoshop CS6 to get rid of the highway on the right as well as some distracting telephone and sign poles with their new Patch Content Aware tool and some old fashioned blurring using the new tilt/shift lens simulation. The access road that's left visible on the right ends up looking like an old 2 lane blacktop which adds to the overall look...beats the heck out of the trucks and cars screaming 70mph down the highway!!

Nice composition and kudos for all the processing tricks you crafted together in CS6! ;)

I tried the beta out too but my computer is a bit too old to run it without choking and running out of ram.

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

DownEaster
105 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 27, 2012 11:46 |  #9735

J-Blake wrote in post #14162455 (external link)
If I drained the battery completely during use I just charge it. If I'm going out and want a full charge but the last use didn't exhaust the current charge then I refresh it.

That makes sense. So I guess there's no harm in using the refresh option regularly. Perhaps it's even better for the battery. in the long run. Thanks everyone :)

sponsored links

1,315,774 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.