Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 17 Nov 2011 (Thursday) 22:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma service center - Bigston Corporation in Illinois?

dohan_appa
211 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 27, 2012 16:45 |  #16

I found 32mb sdhc card laying around from my PAS days, so even if they forget to include back in, I won't be missing it terribly. I'm including 2 images from my focus testing under two different lightings that clearly show front focusing issue. As for the battery, of course you'd include it right? Or should I assume that they have test batteries laying around for test purposes? This forum is such an awesome place... I get answers almost a real time! ;-)a

Steve

sponsored links
mkislov
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 27, 2012 16:49 |  #17

I would say just call and ask to be safe. They were cool on the phone. And this way, you wont have anything slowing down the process.

Kuhan
THREAD ­ STARTER
229 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 27, 2012 18:14 |  #18
bannedPermanent ban

dohan_appa wrote in post #14164244 (external link)
When you send in your lens along with camera body, do you keep the memory card, etc. inside? Is it good idea to include some of focus test results in memory card so they can see the issue first before testing it?

Originally, I sent my lens along with my Canon 40D, battery, and 4gb memory card. I wrote down everything on the repair sheet. When I got there and talked the lady at the service desk, I told her what I was dropping off. She then wrote the items that I brought down on the paper and gave me a photocopy. She will keep in touch with you either by phone or email. Good service!

Khanh
7D | S95 | EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 | 24-70 f/2.8 L | EF 85 f/1.8 | Σ 30 f/1.4| 430 EX II

Feedback
FS: Canon EF 70-300 - $380 shipped
FS: Canon EF-S 10-22 - $590 shipped

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
16,139 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 27, 2012 18:28 |  #19

fwiw, I spoke with Sigma and they will do one day turn around if you send in your body and lens to the new york location. I dealt with camera repair japan.... absolute nightmare. Probably never buy sigma again. Not worth the hassle.

A month with no camera is not worth the discounted price of an inferior lens.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - SY 24/2.8 - FE 28/2 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 17-28/2.8 - 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

2Live4
671 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 12, 2012 11:41 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

I do not recommend this place to get your Sigma lenses repaired because they usually take at least 1 month to repair. It took them 1 month to repair mine, and almost two months now to repair my friend's Sigma 50.

~Khánh - an amateur bOkeh-OLic
5D III & Some L's
Feedback | flickr (external link)

dohan_appa
211 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 12, 2012 14:14 |  #21

I sent my 30mm to Sigma's NY location along with my T2i and 32MB SD card. It came back to me in one week and there was one image of test shot, a simple picture of office furniture in the test lab. Forget about getting any real time updates via the website. You'll know it's fixed when you receive return package at your door step.

Steve

wpaul98
26 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 18, 2012 11:45 |  #22

I hope I have better luck with them. I just dropped my XSi with 17-70 f2.8-4 and 70-200 f2.8 APO HSM II for calibration yesterday. Only time will tell...

sponsored links

5,456 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma service center - Bigston Corporation in Illinois?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.