Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 22 Mar 2012 (Thursday) 19:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Does anyone use Blog Stomp or something similar?

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 22, 2012 19:44 |  #1

Does anyone use Blog Stomp or something similar? I'm looking to clean up how I post images on the blog a bit, so I downloaded the trial and I like it... I'm just wondering if it's worth it or if there are other options/alternatives out that you like better. Price isn't really a huge issue, I just like to know I'm getting the best program out there before I pay for anything.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

sponsored links
PhotoMatte
Goldmember
1,707 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 22, 2012 23:10 |  #2

I've not heard of it but now, of course, I'll have to Google it :)

the site (external link)
the blog (external link)
Smugmug (external link)
My gear: Canon, Macintosh, Adobe

ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Mar 23, 2012 03:41 |  #3

I use it and love it.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 23, 2012 11:03 |  #4

Not really sure what Blog Stomp does - I can't glean a whole lot from a brief skim of the site, and can't watch the video from here.

I've begun using NextGen Gallery on our site, and use LR/Blog to publish and update the galleries directly from within Lightroom. It's a Wordpress plugin and a LR plugin that play nicely together.

I can write the bulk of the blog post in the Lightroom export dialog, then after it's done uploading the photos and creating the gallery for me, it opens the "edit post" page for the new post for me to finalize it (adding links, checking formatting, post-dating, etc) and publish it. I can also add galleries - or add photos to existing galleries - without making a whole new post, for instance, if I wanted to create a gallery for use on an existing page (not a post) like my portfolio page.

Pretty satisfied with it so far. The only thing that I've found lacking is any sort of client proofing tools, though I don't have a need for those yet.
[edit] Just remembered, it also loses many characters upon uploads - ampersands, apostrophes, quotes, and other special characters get stripped from the blog text and from photo captions during the upload process.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

avangardphoto
32 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 26, 2012 08:52 |  #5

I've been using FotoFusion from Lumapix. It's great for storyboards and album layouts. Try it out.
Mario

Avangard Photography | Toronto Wedding Photography (external link)

maxwell1295
789 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 26, 2012 11:28 |  #6

Blog Stomp is so quick and effortless that it borders on ridiculous. My workflow was already pretty quick. Adding this to the arsenal was probably my biggest single timesaver.

Canon EOS 1n|Canon 40mm Pancake|Canon 50mm/1.8

PeaceFire
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 27, 2012 00:34 |  #7

Yea, I've pretty much decided to buy. I tried FotoFusion since I have it for album design but it takes 100 time longer. From my research there really doesn't seem to be anything else like BlogStomp out there. Time is money so this program is way more valuable than it's going to cost me to buy it!

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

jkobel
51 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 27, 2012 21:20 |  #8

i use blog stomp and love it. never look back.

Jeff Kobel Photography (external link)
Gear List: 5D2 x 2, 24-70mm 2.8L, 70-200mm 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8L IS Macro, Sigma 35mm 1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT x 2

sponsored links

8,037 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does anyone use Blog Stomp or something similar?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.