Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 25 Mar 2012 (Sunday) 16:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon site: 15% off refurbed DSLR(incl 5Dii, Flashes, and lenses thru 3/27

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 28, 2012 18:36 |  #136

Ok. Mine has quite a bit of dust and other debris on the focusing screen. Haven't looked at shots yet but really bugging me looking through the VF. I managed to get an eyelash out with my rocket blower but there are a couple of other pieces of dust/ hairs stuff that will not move with blown air. I am sure it's just on the screen but I am wondering if I should send it back for this. Will be calling canon in the morning about it. What would you do? Kind of disappointed in that as I should receive a clean body even if it's a refurb.

Gear List
"Those are some mighty fine pots and pans you have, they must make a great dinner!

sponsored links
chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 18:45 |  #137

Mine does in the top left corner of the viewfinder. I'm going to try and remove it now.

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |
No, I'm not the guy from Pawn Stars...

chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 18:47 |  #138

Well...mine has a giant fingerprint on the mirror (not from me) and an irremovable mark on the top left of the viewfinder. Definitely calling canon.

I really dont wanna lose my camera again. I hope they can send me one out and then I can ship mine back....maybe I'll have to give them my credit card # or something lol.

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 28, 2012 19:05 |  #139

Let me know if they will do that. I am in the same situation

Gear List
"Those are some mighty fine pots and pans you have, they must make a great dinner!

chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 19:06 |  #140

on hold for the past 10 minutes...

what number should i call?

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 28, 2012 19:10 |  #141

chumlee wrote in post #14171334 (external link)
on hold for the past 10 minutes...

what number should i call?

I was calling the number on the invoice. Might be closed for the day.

Gear List

chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 19:11 |  #142

i'm calling the 800-ok-canon number...we'll see haha

I'm near the jamesburg,NJ center. Idk if they carry refurbs on hand but I might be able to do an in person exchange. I'll ask and let you know.

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |

chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 19:38 |  #143

they're all out of stock so an exchange is out of the question right now, but she said I can go to the NJ facility to get it repaired. I'm on hold for tech support right now.

EDIT: alright, I'm going to get it repaired at the New Jersey facility. I am going to drive there this weekend. there's a medium large gash/scratch in the top of the camera. Hopefully they can fix that too and make it all better.

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |

weegee
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 28, 2012 22:21 |  #144

I'm starting to not feel so good about this purchase. Mine is coming in next couple days. Hope I get a clean copy, but this isn't a good track record being reported. Return policy is 14 days right? No questions asked. Problem is now I sold my 5DC already. They got me by the balls if I don't get a good body.

My Online Gallery: http://fotoluigi.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)
Elan II, 5D3, 17-40L f/4, 24-105L f/4, 70-200L f/4, 85 f/1.8, 50 f/1.8

chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 22:29 |  #145

I wouldnt worry. I would still consider mine a good copy. I'm very picky. The camera takes great images and looks great on the outside minus one scratch that I think they will repair for me.

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |

slickooz
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 28, 2012 22:31 |  #146

The Jamesburg repair center is GREAT. I had an out of warranty T2i that crapped out on me. Bought it refurbished and it died 8 months later. Went in there thinking I'm out 200+ to get it fixed. I even told them its refurbished and out of warranty, but they fixed it for free. Lucky Canon is only 5 minutes away from me, Canon FTW!!!!

Facebook: Gary Feng Photography (external link)

chumlee
Goldmember
1,989 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 28, 2012 23:00 |  #147

That really makes me feel better. Thanks a lot.

Leica M3 | Contax G2 |

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 29, 2012 00:20 |  #148

Wow, this concerns me. It sounds like (in the few cases reported here) Canon is just sending out returned cameras.

Refurb cameras should look (and perform) like new when they arrive...

Bryan

My Gear List

NoltaN
74 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 29, 2012 00:42 |  #149

Good luck with the repairs Chum, It's good they are willing to take care of it for you. I should have mine on Monday, hopefully I don't have to deal with any repairs or anything. I'd love to have it perfect straight out of the gate! At least I still have my 60D if anything goes wrong :)

Gear: 5dIII / 35 f1.4L / 70-200mm f2.8L IS II / 24-70mm f2.8L / 17-40mm f4L / 430exII
eighty8studios.com (external link)
eighty8facebook (external link)

weegee
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 29, 2012 00:51 |  #150

I said it a couple times already, but the timing of this sale is pretty obvious to me. How many people must have returned their 5D2s if they bought within a couple weeks of the 5D3 being announced? I know I would, especially if I was paying north of $2200 for a new one.

I suspect that's why we're seeing higher clicks than "usual" on some reports and some wear and tear.

But I'll report soon on what I got. I'll be happy at the price I paid with sub 1500 clicks and clean body. I can deal with a nick or two to the body, but anything on the inside (mirror, sensor, view finder, etc.) smells like a not so scrupulous previous owner in the least. It's still $1500 and with only a 90 day warranty, you better be comfortable.

My Online Gallery: http://fotoluigi.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)
Elan II, 5D3, 17-40L f/4, 24-105L f/4, 70-200L f/4, 85 f/1.8, 50 f/1.8

sponsored links

14,227 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon site: 15% off refurbed DSLR(incl 5Dii, Flashes, and lenses thru 3/27
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.