Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)

this thread is locked
Rivest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 04, 2012 00:16 |  #6571

^^ Report as spam.

Hi, I'm David.

sponsored links
Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,221 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 04, 2012 00:20 |  #6572

Rivest wrote in post #14206689 (external link)
^^ Report as spam.

Yup. Ha ha - gone already.....

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

JOEinSD
315 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 04, 2012 00:45 |  #6573

Do any of you use a BR or sling strap? I just got my Black Rapid RS-Sport 2 Slim today and am loving it! I can barely feel the weight of the gripped 60D and 70-200L IS mk2 on it. And both hands are free!

Hello, my name is Joe if you haven't figured it out. :D | www.creativecapture.ne​t | (external link)www.facebook.com/creat​ivecapturevideos (external link)http://www.creativecap​ture.net (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,031 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 04, 2012 00:58 |  #6574

I'm using different brand but yes it helps alot. it's amazing.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

NBY
81 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 04, 2012 01:36 |  #6575

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5235/7044195827_5201e7956f_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/forphucsake/7​044195827/  (external link)
Rusty (external link) by Nathan - NBY (external link), on Flickr

Nathan
60D (with Canon BG-E9) | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Bealzabubba
77 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 04, 2012 02:17 |  #6576

JOEinSD wrote in post #14206801 (external link)
Do any of you use a BR or sling strap? I just got my Black Rapid RS-Sport 2 Slim today and am loving it! I can barely feel the weight of the gripped 60D and 70-200L IS mk2 on it. And both hands are free!

I just picked up the Custom SLR Glide Strap and C-Loop (external link) last friday, and attached it all to my gripped body and 70-200L (sigh, non-IS) with the 1.4x extender. I had seen this on Engadget a while back, and a recent post at the digital picture indicated it was available - it is, and amazon stocks it.

I have used a Crumpler Industry Disgrace for about a year, and generally love that - it's going onto my backup.

Comments:
Design of the Glide Strap:
Two things are required to make this system work - the c-loop and the strap. for convenience, I'm referring to the total system here.

The manufacturing of the c-loop is really slick. Precise. Light. Easy to rotate. It just feels right.

The strap also has a couple of unique (as far as I can tell) features - where it attaches to the neckguard is a clip in, which is circular than thus rotates. Like the Optech, additional parts are available to make it work as a traditional strap, as well.

Taken as a whole, the system shows a lot of attention to detail.

Impression of Weight - I didn't notice it when I was coaching, which is a good thing. I have noticed the camera with the crumpler, but I wouldn't complain about it feeling heavy. Verdict: Advantage Glide.

Walk around feeling: with the glide strap and a big lens, the lens hangs down more naturally - it's simply more comfortable to me with a big lens. I tried it with my dirty thirty tonight, and, it's reversed - the way the camera hangs simply felt more natural with the traditional strap, and of particular irritation, the short lens kept hitting my pants and knocking off the lens cap. Verdict: tie - depends upon your usage.

Ease of getting the camera ready to shoot - the glide strap wins this going away. really, really quick, and I don't have to constantly yank the neckguard out of the way - and for what I value, that 1/2 second can matter. Verdict: A breaking the backboard slam dunk for the Glide.

Tripod Use: it takes 20 seconds to remove from the tripod mount, and no more hanging strap getting in my way. Verdict: Slam dunk for the Glide

Tall People Usage: I'm considered tall by most (2.0m - but I think I'm normal and live in a world designed by and for midgets), and it drives me nuts to have a short strap. Slight advantage to the Glide, which I actually have to shorten to have the camera where I want it (at my waist). The crumpler works for me, but only it's fully extended. Unless you should have played in the NBA, this should fit everyone.

Niggling details: my one complaint with the glide may be related to improper set up. That is, it comes with two stops for the camera glide area, but I only installed one before use. What happened was the neck guard would slowly move down the front of my shirt. In addition, as noted above, I'm actively coaching while I try to shoot (U10 Baseball), so that may be related to the fact I'm a little busy and was basically dropping the camera to it's fully extended position to, ahem, coach my players (read: gesticulate wildly while "talking" to the boys at the top of my rather voluminous lungs).

Value - the complete Glide system is twice the price of the crumpler. For ME, the quick access with a the big lenses clinches the deal. What's missing a shot in your kid's life that will never re-occur worth to you?

7D Gripped : 6D Gripped : Gadgets Galore

Strontium
Durr?
7,411 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 04, 2012 05:19 |  #6577

Day 94

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5239/7044550845_93b7985882_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/str0ntium/70445​50845/  (external link)
Day 94 (external link) by Str0ntium (external link), on Flickr

I am I

pixelPeteK
67 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 04, 2012 05:53 |  #6578

Rivest wrote in post #14206582 (external link)
Look where I shot today :cool:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Nice. Where are the results? Share some photos please.

flickr (external link)

Master ­ of ­ Defenestration
Goldmember
1,307 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 04, 2012 05:59 |  #6579

Rivest wrote in post #14206582 (external link)
Look where I shot today :cool:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Every time I see a picture like this, all I can think is...Even the graffiti in my city sucks.

It's flat here. The trees suck (not many of them, and they're small). Olive Garden is considered fine cuisine. People are cheap. And apparently, our gang members aren't very artistic.

Not that there aren't cool places to photograph, but they're fewer and farther between compared to other places I've lived.

I did get some cool pictures at the zoo the other day. Including the duck pictures I posted a few pages back. I should get out more :lol:

5D | Full tank of gas | Box of rocks
Facebook (external link)

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 04, 2012 07:13 |  #6580

I use a Luma Labs Cinch. Love it!

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

todmac
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 04, 2012 07:22 as a reply to  @ post 14206224 |  #6581

vinmunoz wrote in post #14205933 (external link)
wow.... don't forget us.... congratulations...

I will always be around this thread...this is where it all started for me and will not forget that. Thank you Vin and so far I'm really enjoying the new gear!

mondayshift wrote in post #14206060 (external link)
you think you'll get the 135 before your tripod? :lol:

lol Max as you know, the way it's going with the tripod, who knows I may have 2 new lenses before the tripod gets here :)

Todd | flickr | (external link)5∞px (external link) | todd.photography (external link)
Gear
Feedback | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

mufasanubis
22 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 04, 2012 07:35 |  #6582

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …/mufasanubis/IM​G_1005.jpg (external link)

Another sunset from the Texas panhandle.

jrmy
475 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 04, 2012 07:57 as a reply to  @ mufasanubis's post |  #6583

Free 15% off coupon for Canon Online Store to the first person to vote for their favorite shot of mine on 500px! Link in sig.

Check out my site (external link), as well as my gear and feedback.
5D Mark III | 16-35 II | 24-105 | 50 1.8 II | 70-200 2.8 IS II

todmac
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 04, 2012 08:03 |  #6584

jrmy wrote in post #14207663 (external link)
Free 15% off coupon for Canon Online Store to the first person to vote for their favorite shot of mine on 500px! Link in sig.

tunnel vision

Todd | flickr | (external link)5∞px (external link) | todd.photography (external link)
Gear
Feedback | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Rivest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 04, 2012 08:26 |  #6585

I have a BR RS-7 and I love it. Works perfectly, fast and secure.

I like it, great pp.

pixelPeteK wrote in post #14207347 (external link)
Nice. Where are the results? Share some photos please.

Coming in the next post. Thanks!

Master of Defenestration wrote in post #14207355 (external link)
Every time I see a picture like this, all I can think is...Even the graffiti in my city sucks.

It's flat here. The trees suck (not many of them, and they're small). Olive Garden is considered fine cuisine. People are cheap. And apparently, our gang members aren't very artistic.

Not that there aren't cool places to photograph, but they're fewer and farther between compared to other places I've lived.

I did get some cool pictures at the zoo the other day. Including the duck pictures I posted a few pages back. I should get out more :lol:

Who sais that was in my city? Got to drive 15 minutes to get there. For a shoot that lasts an hour, 30 of driving is quite a lot. But worth it, that shot lade me a lot of publicity on Facebook, quite a lot of people came asking for a shoot after I posted it! :D

mufasanubis wrote in post #14207600 (external link)
http://img.photobucket​.com …/mufasanubis/IM​G_1005.jpg (external link)

Another sunset from the Texas panhandle.

Nice one, great colors. You should try a time lapse from that spot.

Hi, I'm David.

sponsored links

1,276,876 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.