Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,344 posts
Gallery: 158 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Apr 03, 2012 03:48 |  #3511

weka2000 wrote in post #14201220 (external link)
We have priced ours high but the agents will take $20k.

good strategy - there's no point in pricing it low, as you can't put it up later...

in other news, looks like I've bought myself a set of engine lift lugs (external link)

does anyone know where dargaville is? :p

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

sponsored links
Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 03, 2012 07:31 |  #3512

This is the one we are looking at....

http://www.bayleys.co.​nz/512835 (external link)

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,889 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 03, 2012 14:24 |  #3513

joeseph wrote in post #14201242 (external link)

4years ago moppie and I did :lol:

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

Nzshrimper
a good height for ...
10,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 03, 2012 18:57 |  #3514

ha - i too am house hunting... not fun in chch thou.. is the land TC1 TC2 TC3 ? - enginniers reports, 800 red zoned people with cash looking for a house at the same time.. one place i went to on sunday had - 4 offers on the first open home which turned into an auction there and then. :-/

© All rights given away
Grammar – the difference between knowing you’re sh1te and knowing your sh1te

tim
Light Bringer
50,996 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 03, 2012 19:02 |  #3515

An on the spot auction is crazy!

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

RobDickinson
Goldmember
4,003 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 03, 2012 19:03 |  #3516

Madness! Anyone want a 4 bed on Clifton hill? :D

www.HeroWorkshops.com (external link) - www.rjd.co.nz (external link) - www.zarphag.com (external link)
Gear: A7r, 6D, Irix 15mmf2.4 , canon 16-35f4L, Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 mk2, Sigma 50mm art, 70-200f2.8L, 400L. Lee filters, iOptron IPano, Emotimo TB3, Markins, Feisol, Novoflex, Sirui. etc.

weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,889 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 03, 2012 20:04 as a reply to  @ RobDickinson's post |  #3517

found out people were offing us less that what we paid 5 yrs ago :confused:

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

kiwichris
I forget how I didded that!
3,450 posts
Gallery: 181 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 03, 2012 20:47 |  #3518

joeseph wrote in post #14194976 (external link)

12 years ago I was shooting analogue. Figured eventually there'd be a digital body to go on the lenses I had (even though the lenses I had were rubbish...)

Me too, so I bought the Canon eventually. Shame the lenses had a different mount, :( but silly me did not check out Nikon which I also had lenses for, and they would have fitted to my dismay. :eyes

Panasonic Lumix G9 and lenses from 7mm wide to 300mm long.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chriswaynzpics/ (external link)

kiwichris
3,450 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 03, 2012 20:50 |  #3519

joeseph wrote in post #14201242 (external link)
good strategy - there's no point in pricing it low, as you can't put it up later...

in other news, looks like I've bought myself a set of engine lift lugs (external link)

Hmmmmmmmm Dargaville opposite side to Bay of Islands and a bit closer to Auckland.

kiwichris
3,450 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 03, 2012 20:56 |  #3520

Best wishes for the house hunters.

Weka July will be a good test for Invercargill, most Aucklanders dunno what cold is. Wear winter woolies under your winter woolies, wear poly prop and thinsulate under that.

I too am 'house hunting' but with a difference, the caravan park is closing end May, I want to sell the caravan, buy new hearing aids (mine are kaput and I am profoundly deaf) and live inna house for my health. However I am having trouble finding a place I can actually afford to live in and buy food occasionly.

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 03, 2012 23:16 |  #3521

Nzshrimper wrote in post #14205147 (external link)
ha - i too am house hunting... not fun in chch thou.. is the land TC1 TC2 TC3 ? - enginniers reports, 800 red zoned people with cash looking for a house at the same time.. one place i went to on sunday had - 4 offers on the first open home which turned into an auction there and then. :-/

Have you been settled with the Ins/Cera/EQC? That was the struggle for us for the last 18 months... if they had sorted their **** out 16 months ago when they promised to settle us we'd have been in a MUCH better prosition. Since then our equity has frozen and the market has gone up some 10 - 12% .. even more!

Also trying to find somewhere that provides the space I need to work from home doesn't help.

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

pleb1024
313 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 04, 2012 03:39 |  #3522

Nzshrimper wrote in post #14205147 (external link)

Oh not good for buyers... but as a seller...hopefully this is what happens with my place 8-). I have given my tenants notice to get out, so once that's done it'll be sale time (end of June ish).

TC2 land. Minor house damage still to be fixed. It's a smaller place (130sqm on 452 sqm land).

Daniel

7DMkII | 7D | 450D | Canon 18-55 IS | Canon 55-250 | Canon 100-400L MkII | Canon 100-400L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 1.4x TC II | Tokina 11-16
Flickr (external link)

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 04, 2012 04:45 |  #3523

Its a little like that in Auckland.. this house we got lucky on was listed Thursday - two open homes - owners didnt want to see any offers till after they had 2... they got an offer on the Saturday that had to wait till after the open home on Sunday... 45 people through the open homes and 5 offers including ours... they picked the best one for them and we got lucky... thankfully the valuation we got back today agrees with our offer so its all go providing they can remedy the fireplace with has no CCC according to the LIM. Small thing to fix though hopefully :)

A bunch of Canon bits and pieces.

Blog (external link) :: Facebook (external link)

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 04, 2012 04:46 |  #3524

Sancho wrote in post #14201667 (external link)
This is the one we are looking at....

http://www.bayleys.co.​nz/512835 (external link)

That house looks awesome!
Here's our linK : http://www.starpropert​y.co.nz …uranga%20Height​s/SHK10967 (external link)

A bunch of Canon bits and pieces.

Blog (external link) :: Facebook (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,996 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 04, 2012 05:04 |  #3525

lil_miss wrote in post #14207184 (external link)
That house looks awesome!
Here's our linK : http://www.starpropert​y.co.nz …uranga%20Height​s/SHK10967 (external link)

Looks nice! How's the insulation?

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

sponsored links

1,972,901 views & 1,378 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.