Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Apr 2012 (Monday) 17:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What is THIS?

MakisM1
Cream of the Crop
5,580 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 04, 2012 15:13 |  #31

I will be holding on to the 18-200. I will probably trade it in for a wide angle zoom later on... :rolleyes:

But let's not count our chicken before they are hatched...:oops:

Gerry
Canon 5D MkIII/Canon 60D/Canon EF-S 18-200/Canon EF 24-70L USM II/Canon EF 70-200L 2.8 USM II/Canon EF 50 f1.8 II/Σ 8-16/ 430 EXII
OS: Linux Ubuntu/PostProcessing: Darktable/Image Processing: GIMP

sponsored links
HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 04, 2012 15:18 |  #32

rick_reno wrote in post #14199717 (external link)
try a reset with different card.

in retrospect, a bad card won't cause that.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

DreamMaker23
604 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 04, 2012 15:21 |  #33

Don Madson wrote in post #14199191 (external link)
This is RIGHT out of the box, Mashimaro. Doubt if it's anything to do with outside interference, as my 50D would probably also be affected.

Professorman...time and aggravation lead me to prefer to do a face-to-face with the techs at Canon, the drive isn't much, especially as I'm about 2 miles from their facility once each week anyway...

As far as returning it...better the devil you know than the devil you don't? As a refurb, there might be be a chance of getting another/different problem. I'll just let the folks at the repair facility go over it...

Thanks for the thoughts, all!
Don

Make sure you call first and check if they can look at it and fix it that day. They might give you a boogus line "Ok, come back in 2 weeks" It looks like this needs to be sent in for evaluation or something" :mad:

gewb
698 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 04, 2012 15:30 |  #34

I have a single line in my Pro1. I have an educated guess as to the problem: a common electrical line (trace) to or on the sensor, perhaps related to a ground that ties to pixel columns.

Regards,
GEWB

60D / Pro1 / A85

professorman
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 04, 2012 16:46 |  #35

Don Madson wrote in post #14199191 (external link)
Professorman...time and aggravation lead me to prefer to do a face-to-face with the techs at Canon,

Do they allow you to speak to the techs at the NJ Canon facility? At the Virginia plant, I drop it off with the receptionist at the front and fill out a form. No interaction with the techs.

MyGear | Feedback | facebook (external link)|My Site (external link)|Flickr (external link)

Don ­ Madson
THREAD ­ STARTER
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 04, 2012 20:19 |  #36

Not really, sometimes the counter person will walk the camera into the back to ask a question and maybe solve something simple. It helps a lot to write up a good description of the problem.

dmadson.photoreflect.c​om
T'ai Chi Ch'uan...Relaxation, with an attitude!
---------------
70D, Mamiya 645 Pro TL, some lenses, a tripod, a monopod, some filters, a few straps, some batteries, 2 flash units, a few bags...;)

Don ­ Madson
THREAD ­ STARTER
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 04, 2012 20:22 |  #37

PROBLEM SOLVED. I SENT IT BACK AND GOT A NEW ONE FROM ADORAMA. BIG PROPS TO THEIR SHIPPING CREW. IT SHOWED UP AT MY DOOR IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS.

---------------
70D, Mamiya 645 Pro TL, some lenses, a tripod, a monopod, some filters, a few straps, some batteries, 2 flash units, a few bags...;)

Don ­ Madson
THREAD ­ STARTER
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 04, 2012 20:54 |  #38

DreamMaker23 wrote in post #14209742 (external link)
Make sure you call first and check if they can look at it and fix it that day. They might give you a boogus line "Ok, come back in 2 weeks" It looks like this needs to be sent in for evaluation or something" :mad:

WHAT? Have you ever been treated like you describe by Canon? I'm on my 5th Canon body now, and have had several instances where I've needed their services. I've never been treated with anything but respect and timely service. Oh, yeah...it helps to have a CPS membership, but it's not necessary. (Send it in for evaluation)? Where do you think I am while talking to a Canon rep? I'm at the REPAIR FACILITY!

A Canon CPS Silver membership (free) gets you 5-day turnaround. Gold membership ($100/yr) gets you 2-day, with 1-day not unusual.

See Ya!

---------------

sponsored links

4,567 views & 0 likes for this thread
What is THIS?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.