Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 30 Mar 2012 (Friday) 20:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Jackie and Greg :: Engagement Preview

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 30, 2012 20:30 |  #1

Jackie is one of my valued employees, she is getting married in Dec. Here are a few previews from her engagement shoot:

IMAGE: http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Jackie-and-Greg-engagment/i-hrg2dgK/0/XL/G65C0923-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Jackie-and-Greg-engagment/i-bSrVwmF/0/XL/G65C0934bw-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Jackie-and-Greg-engagment/i-VSX63VW/0/L/G65C0954crtv1-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Jackie-and-Greg-engagment/i-LC5CnBL/0/L/G65C0976crtv1-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Jackie-and-Greg-engagment/i-qt4454w/0/L/G65C1035-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Jackie-and-Greg-engagment/i-5k9vJvf/0/L/g65c0746crtv4-L.jpg

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 31, 2012 08:46 |  #2

like all but the last one, that flare effect just doesn't do anything for me

Tom ­ K.
Goldmember
1,852 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 31, 2012 11:51 |  #3

Exceptional work.

Please proceed, Governor.
Visit Me at Flickr ~ http://www.flickr.com/​photos/tomkaz/ (external link)

Tyler's ­ Mom
345 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 31, 2012 12:09 |  #4

Love them all !

Canon 50D, Nifty Fifty, 430 EXii
Flickr (external link)

Pixil ­ Studio
Goldmember
1,270 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 01, 2012 15:01 |  #5

2 and 3 are too over processed for me.
and im not a fan of the crotch shot maybe a tighter crop on their legs

Denver wedding and event photographer (external link)
My photography Blog (external link)

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 01, 2012 19:32 |  #6

Are you looking for C&C?

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

bigcountry
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 01, 2012 21:23 |  #7

nope. just sharing.

Red Tie Photography wrote in post #14192786 (external link)
Are you looking for C&C?

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,284 posts
Gallery: 444 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 06, 2012 12:04 |  #8

why can't you take C&C, that's how most people learn.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIV/A73//A6000/FDR-X3000 | Sigma105 | FE1635F4 } Tamron 17-28 Tamron 28-75 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

dynamitetony
Goldmember
1,023 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 06, 2012 12:07 |  #9

vinmunoz wrote in post #14220557 (external link)
why can't you take C&C, that's how most people learn.

to be fair to the OP, he didnt say anything about the C&C he recieved, he just answered a question someone asked

plus this is the sharing section, not the critique section

love em all except no2, just doesnt do it for me, but the rest are great :)

5Dmk4 : 5Dmk3: Sigma 24mm F1.4 :Sigma 35mm F1.4 : Canon 50mm F1.4 : Canon 85mm F1.8 : Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro : Canon 24-105 F4 : Canon 70-200 F2.8L mkii : Flashes, lights & Stuff

bigcountry
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 06, 2012 15:03 |  #10

Hi Vin, I don't need it, that's why i didn't ask.

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 06, 2012 15:10 |  #11

Nice series.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

cbknight
Goldmember
1,767 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 07, 2012 14:18 |  #12

SOOOOO....I understood C&C to stand for comments and critiques. If other photogs can not comment, nor critique, what is the use in posting. If C&C stands for critique and criticisms, so nothing negative only those comments that boost ego are allowed...count me out. But his own words say he does not need critiques, but it seems all praise is accepted. Guess the motto in this thread is, if your not going to sing all praise, don't say anything........or just say the praise. It is the "I don't need it" that rubbed me wrong. I disagree. Nobody is perfect, or at least that is what I thought...I stand corrected.

To follow the rules.....amazing series.

Craig
4K Photography Studio
[/URL]

bigarchi
962 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 07, 2012 20:03 |  #13

great set, thanks for sharing!

i absolutely love the outfits too

~Mitch

my gear and feedback

Daship
765 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 07, 2012 20:51 |  #14

Someone needs to chill on the clarity slider.

bigcountry
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 07, 2012 21:22 |  #15

Hi CbKnight,

Here's the deal. I took 500+ shots, narrowed it down to 140. i picked out 6 of MY favs. i post them here. they are MY favs. I think they are perfect (or i wouldn't have posted them and said I don't need critiques). if people don't dig them that is fine. Reno said he didn't care for the flare in one shot...that's fine. someone else said some are over processed...that's fine. Even if one or two are over processed, there are still four other processed versions of that photo. That is part of the reason why i don't care if people on internet forums love them or hate them....and that leads us to...

The other part, is it has nothing to do w/ being perfect, but it has everything to do with the people that critique aren't my clients or my potential clients. My clients and potential clients love my work and that includes my processing. At least that is what I hear.

Some people may not like my posing on these forums, great, i really don't care as these are MY favs and I kept 140 shots, so i am pretty sure there are some nicely posed ones in there even if my clients don't care for these five or six. I shoot em tight, wide and in between. I'll admit, sometimes my posing sucks and my shots don't correlate very well w/ my vision in mind...those get trashed due to not being up to my standards/vision.

When it comes to wedding and engagement photos, I don't create images for you or anyone else on any forum, I create them for me first and foremost (I would like to think that my clients hire me because they believe in my art as well), and secondly my clients.

The bottom line is two years ago I shot 59 weddings, last year I shot 54, this year I am at 40 and still booking. In that time my prices have almost doubled...and I don't have to do gimmicky sales...I turn down about the same number of weddings as i book...and on top of that I am looking for employee number 6...and none of my "employees" are my spouse, gf, brother, mother, father, kid, etc. This isn't some part time job, weekend warrior job, wanna be job, this is what i do. This is 98% of my income.

So you tell me...am I doing something right? If I feel something is right, do you think it may be? Is that possible?

sponsored links

3,188 views & 0 likes for this thread
Jackie and Greg :: Engagement Preview
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.