Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 09 Mar 2012 (Friday) 11:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Fatographers get fysically Phit thread.......

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,406 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 06, 2012 09:45 |  #91

Chet wrote in post #14216093 (external link)
... Not sure why I'm waiting for a health crisis to get motivated. :(

Don't do that...that's what happened to me :( My lesson learned is that there is always a little time for yourself. Find that time and use it :)

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

sponsored links
DeaconG
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 06, 2012 21:42 |  #92

I tried to do my full walk today (3.3 miles now), but the wind was blowing so badly (about 15-20 mph) that it wore me out, so I only did 2.2 miles.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it had been a crosswise wind, but I'm walking up the causeway in this wind HEAD ON and going "WTF am I doing up here?":rolleyes: I had to stop several times because it was just ugly, and I wasn't the only one walking today with that problem-everyone was slowing down.

Of course, when I reversed direction the wind pushed me back across the causeway...:lol:

Gripped 5D Mark II & 50D|70-200 2.8 IS L|24-105 L|17-55|10-22|28 1.8|Σ 150-500|Σ 120-300 EX DG|Σ 50 1.4 EX|Σ APO 2X TC|580EXII|various other bits and pieces
"Reality holds surprises for everyone!" King Solovar, Crisis On Infinite Earths

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 07, 2012 11:43 |  #93

I think I've been losing weight - just not eating much lately. The changing weather (heat really bothers me) and fact we haven't been able to treat the effects of my illness almost a year now, though, is really interfering with physical activity and stamina. I have made it out to take some pictures here and there, almost every day each week, and it usually involves some walking around. I've also done a few hours of house work a few days this week. Frustrated to feel so sick. :(

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

DeaconG
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 07, 2012 12:52 |  #94

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14225552 (external link)
I think I've been losing weight - just not eating much lately. The changing weather (heat really bothers me) and fact we haven't been able to treat the effects of my illness almost a year now, though, is really interfering with physical activity and stamina. I have made it out to take some pictures here and there, almost every day each week, and it usually involves some walking around. I've also done a few hours of house work a few days this week. Frustrated to feel so sick. :(

You can only do what you can, what little bit you can will be enough for that day. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Push through, dear heart. Don't let it beat you.

Gripped 5D Mark II & 50D|70-200 2.8 IS L|24-105 L|17-55|10-22|28 1.8|Σ 150-500|Σ 120-300 EX DG|Σ 50 1.4 EX|Σ APO 2X TC|580EXII|various other bits and pieces

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 07, 2012 13:18 |  #95

DeaconG wrote in post #14225836 (external link)
You can only do what you can, what little bit you can will be enough for that day. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Push through, dear heart. Don't let it beat you.

It isn't just lack of physical fitness (sadly) - when my illness is worse I will have days where the amount of stress on my body will make standing up and walking across my house make me change color and sweat bullets. Pushing through just makes the flare last longer. Sometimes it is hard to find a balance in it.

I will do what I can though. Adding more raw stuff, etc.

Thank you for the encouragement! :)

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

sweetpea44
289 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Apr 07, 2012 20:40 |  #96

jra wrote in post #14214730 (external link)
If you get a lunch break or have a few minutes to step away, just go for a walk around the building or even a little walk around the block if you have the time. If the building has steps, walk up a few flights and back down.

Yeah, taking the stairs is a great thing to do. Also, park a little further and force yourself to walk more to and from your car.

My Blog (external link) My Flickr (external link)
T3i // Canon 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM // Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non VC // Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS // Canon 50mm 1.8 II // 430ex :cool:

jra
Cream of the Crop
6,565 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 08, 2012 23:02 |  #97

sweetpea44 wrote in post #14227565 (external link)
Yeah, taking the stairs is a great thing to do. Also, park a little further and force yourself to walk more to and from your car.

Another great opportunity to burn a few extra calories :)
I've always been a bit of a physical fitness nut my whole life and I always push the point that there's a way to keep at least somewhat fit no matter what the circumstance. You can park a little further away....how about a block or two? If you live somewhat close, how about a bicycle?....10 miles on a bike really isn't as far as you think it may be and it may be just as fast or faster than the car depending on the traffic conditions.
Sometimes it takes a new outlook on the situation to change things....I've been in the position of working seemingly endless hours with barely time to sleep and yet I've always found a way to keep active.....somehow, someway. It may take some creativity along with a little sacrifice but in the end, the paybacks are worth far more than the price.

alex.hondsmerk
Goldmember
1,547 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 09, 2012 03:25 |  #98

So how's everyone doing? Staying away from the easter eggs? :D
I'm on day 3 of rowing camp now, and i can't fully open my hands because of all the blisters... Went rowing in thick mist this morning which was really cool though.

Gripped 50D, 24-105 f/4 L, 70-200 f/4 L, EF-S 17-85, 50 f/1.8 II "L" (external link), Tamron 60 f/2 Macro, Samyang 8mm fisheye, 430EX
Flickr (external link)

DeaconG
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 09, 2012 10:56 |  #99

^The problem isn't before Easter...it's the after Easter "half-off" sales!

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 09, 2012 11:23 as a reply to  @ DeaconG's post |  #100

Easter is not so bad this year, we took 90% of the junk the kiddo got and it went right into the trash :) nasty candy anyways lol. Let her keep some, I am not a total buzz kill :lol:

Easter dinner with the family was hard ... to much good food lol and the vacation that starts in 3 days is going to be killer. We do have lots of physical activities planned. First day in Hawaii we are hiking Diamond Head crator :) Looking forward to the views from the top.

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 09, 2012 11:25 |  #101

Actually, we got one 2.5 ounce chocolate bunny each (my son already ate his, considering giving him mine), one box of peeps each, and a bag of malted milk eggs (they only have candy-covered malted milk balls this time of year, so it's something I like to get this once a year - strangely, they're too sweet to me this year! LOL). I haven't gotten around to eating my peeps yet. I figure I'll find a really active day and maybe eat them then; or a really tired day.

Today I'm making the grocery list - this weekend was spent with LOTS of fruit and veggies (and five 13-year-old boys), we went through six pounds of oranges, three pounds of apples, a pound of carrots... LOL

Was happy to eat all the good food though - think I'm definitely heading the right direction. Might end up having to give my son all my Easter candy...

You can call me Wuzzi

peeaanuut
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,554 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 09, 2012 12:47 |  #102

had half a cigarette and it didnt taste good this morning. Also was smoke free on sunday. So who knows, maybe it will stick this time. Lets see how the rest of the day goes.

Stuff
http://joetakesphotos.​com/ (external link) : | : https://www.facebook.c​om/JKlingPhotos (external link) : | : https://twitter.com/jk​lingphotos (external link)
airbutchie - Joe was definitely right about adding contrast...
:)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 09, 2012 13:08 |  #103

peeaanuut wrote in post #14235994 (external link)
had half a cigarette and it didnt taste good this morning. Also was smoke free on sunday. So who knows, maybe it will stick this time. Lets see how the rest of the day goes.

Thats great .. I am not a smoker but I would think that alone will help tons.

Rolfe ­ D. ­ Wolfe
484 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 09, 2012 13:13 as a reply to  @ peeaanuut's post |  #104

Wow what a great thread!!

Cheers to Peaaanut and wuzzittoya!

I had a pretty consistent workout routine which involved a stationary bike.

I would blast the music and try to keep up with the beat on the bike....and i listen to some pretty fast stuff.

Lost some weight.

Then i lost my job in the middle of buying a house.....and everything came to a halt.

Luckily we didn't lose the house but now my routine is gone.

Thankfully the weather is getting nice and there is a lot of space for me to run/walk and do photography oriented stuff so hopefully i can get back into a routine.

Oh and i was 238 at 5/11

Now im somewhere around 218-220.

I really want to be around 180-190 so i got a bit to go.

Support this site - donate here

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,208 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 10, 2012 14:39 |  #105

I need a work out shoe recommendation for flat feet. After doing a couple days on the tread mill my ankles hurt so much I can barely stand on them. I had to use the elliptical machine instead today. I read Tennis shoes are better then running shoes as they offer more side support.

My ankles aren't happy.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sponsored links

59,541 views & 20 likes for this thread
The Fatographers get fysically Phit thread.......
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.