Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Apr 2012 (Monday) 22:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Are you going to return your 5D3 for the light issue?

this thread is locked
dho81
282 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 10, 2012 17:27 |  #61

I figured it out. People are fabricating issues in hopes that others will cancel their orders/pre-orders so they can get their mk3 faster. It's brilliant, really.

My Portfolio (external link)
My Blog (external link)
My Facebook (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Buylongterm
Goldmember
2,080 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 10, 2012 17:53 |  #62

OK, Let me get this straight. Am I going crazy? People are actually concerned about an issue that really isn't an issue?

Lets see here. (I'll be quoting some of you) :)

1. The possible "light issue" only effects cameras while shooting with the lens cap on. What? I gotta repeat that. The "light issue" only affects cameras while shooting with the lens cap on. (Pretty much speechless after this)

2. "It depends whether the next wedding I shoot requires me to shoot with the lens cap on." bw!

3. "No way. Non issue."

4. Virtually all other Canon bodies act the same way

5. 98+% of people who actually own a 5DIII, seem to think this is NOT an issue. And yet, some of the people who don't own one, seem to be complaining the most???

6. "The "light issue" is a great example of what I like to call Internet Wildfire Phenomena. Some ignoramus conjures up a false problem and a bunch of in the dark experts jump all over it until they burn it all down.
Time to move on with life."

I can go on and on, but I think we all get the point. This is a ridiculous topic.
A lot of the guys who have responded (Most of whom I not only respect their work, but their knowledge as well), don't seem to have any sort of issue.

That's good enough for me. :)

Christian

Christian
flickr (external link)
@WerthLiving (Follow me on Instagram)
Canon EOS 5D MK III Gripped | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MK II |100mm f/2.8L Macro | 24mm-105mm f/4.0L |

Buylongterm
Goldmember
2,080 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 10, 2012 17:53 |  #63

dho81 wrote in post #14243683 (external link)
I figured it out. People are fabricating issues in hopes that others will cancel their orders/pre-orders so they can get their mk3 faster. It's brilliant, really.

bw!

Christian
flickr (external link)
@WerthLiving (Follow me on Instagram)
Canon EOS 5D MK III Gripped | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MK II |100mm f/2.8L Macro | 24mm-105mm f/4.0L |

Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,866 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 10, 2012 18:01 |  #64

bikeboynate wrote in post #14243664 (external link)
I call for this thread to be closed due to the unnecessary mass hysteria this is causing. All in favor vote Aye.

The Chicken Littles will be mighty upset ;)

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

mjmackinnon
808 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 10, 2012 18:20 as a reply to  @ Bear Dale's post |  #65

I think it's a great feature.

Now if I turn on the camera, and shine a flashlight onto the top of my camera, and the meter goes crazy, i know that i left the lens cap on and forgot to remove the view finder cover.

..not that I can't see out the lens would be my first clue..

I think i'd just keep the camera, and use it properly to take photographs.

My Flickr (external link) - Canon EOS 5Diii | EF 50f/1.4 | EF 24-105 f/4L IS| EF 100-400L IS | EF 70-200f/4L |430 EX II | Elinchrom BX500Ri
Post Production: i7-2600k, Win7, iMac 27 i7 | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Higgs ­ Boson
Goldmember
1,958 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 10, 2012 18:22 |  #66

mjmackinnon wrote in post #14243924 (external link)
I think it's a great feature.

Now if I turn on the camera, and shine a flashlight onto the top of my camera, and the meter goes crazy, i know that i left the lens cap on and forgot to remove the view finder cover.

i lol'd.

A9 | 25 | 55 | 85 | 90 | 135

Mystwalker
608 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 10, 2012 18:23 |  #67

I vaguely remember reading something about not touching camera and even opening lens to avoid mirror movement in long exposures - not something I use so I glanced and forgot.

If someone were to go playing with light button in long exposures, I think light problem will be least of his issue :)

I would LOVE to replace my 5DII and 7D with a 5KIII though - still waiting to see how it works for bif.

dailydriver
94 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 10, 2012 18:43 |  #68

I guess I didn't know my "body only kit" comes with a black lenses. Seriously, I didn't know that was a lens. I thought it was just a cover. :-)

5D MkIII Gripped | S100
EF 24-70 2.8 L II USM
EF 70-200mm 2.8 L IS USM II
600 EX RT | ST-E3-RT | Yongnou YN560

Richard371
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 10, 2012 18:53 as a reply to  @ dailydriver's post |  #69

I don't use lenses. I put a pinhole in my body cap and shoot that way.

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 10, 2012 19:02 |  #70

Somebody from FM posted this... They called Canon tech about it and this was their reply:

"Canon does not have a light leak issue with the 5D III. Any claims of such phenomenon is based on improper testing."

a.k.a - STFU and go shoot a camera as intended.

/end thread.

:D

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Apr 10, 2012 19:14 |  #71

RLipp69 wrote in post #14239393 (external link)
Thanks guys i just needed to know.

Well, since he has his answer there is no need to continue this foolishness.

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

sponsored links

7,256 views & 0 likes for this thread
Are you going to return your 5D3 for the light issue?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.