Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 01 Apr 2012 (Sunday) 22:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

It's Already 2AM: 27th Edition... Time for Amanda to Rip nick's clothes off!!

this thread is locked
EthanPierce
Goldmember
1,856 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 15, 2012 23:30 |  #5566

Wait, you don't just lift up the car and slip on the new tire with the other hand?!

Ethan | flickr (external link)
«5D III ¤ T2i ¤ 17-40mm f/4L ¤ Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ¤ Sigma 35mm f/1.4»
«Canon XA10 ¤ RØDE NTG-1»

sponsored links
20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 15, 2012 23:33 |  #5567

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #14272431 (external link)
Flat rate is "paid by the job". The shop that I work in is paid hourly, but every job is still priced by flat rate. I do not make any more money for something that I have to beat apart, and it usually throws the timing off for the rest of the day. And fighting with stuff just does not improve the day. Occasionally it feels good to take a hammer to something, but that feeling wears off quickly when you spend more than a minute or two swinging the hammer.

Presumably, you don't mean the car owner. Although I can envision times when that would feel very good, very good indeed!

EthanPierce
Goldmember
1,856 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 15, 2012 23:34 |  #5568

Day 69

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Ethan | flickr (external link)
«5D III ¤ T2i ¤ 17-40mm f/4L ¤ Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ¤ Sigma 35mm f/1.4»
«Canon XA10 ¤ RØDE NTG-1»

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 15, 2012 23:44 as a reply to  @ post 14272665 |  #5569

Melody, you hate people who don't maintain their cars (and justly so), well try this one on for size.

When I was in the order, the prior asked me to go over to the convent of the Sisters of the Sacred heart and look at their car. It was "acting funny."

Imagine my surprise when I found that their four-year old Buick was almost out of oil, and that they had never even checked the oil, much less changed it, since they got the car (new)!

Also, both front brakes were metal on metal! They sister in charge of the car admitted it made a lot of noise when she stepped on the brakes. She didn't think it needed repair, though, because it still stopped!

The car had been reduced to junk in those four years, because nobody did anything to it but put in gas.

They did tell me they liked the Buick, though, because it lasted longer than previous cars. Most of them only lasted three years. They thought that's how long they were supposed to last.

Nothing I did or said could get them to take care of their car. As far as I know, they're still getting a new one every three years.

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 15, 2012 23:46 |  #5570

EthanPierce wrote in post #14272673 (external link)
Wait, you don't just lift up the car and slip on the new tire with the other hand?!

Only in my youth.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 15, 2012 23:48 |  #5571

I cannot believe how fast the price of the 1ds3 has dropped. 3 months ago, they were selling for $6000+ (1ds3 discontinued + no 1Dx + no 5d3). Just now, I've noticed a number of them selling in the forums for $3000 shipped!!!! Checked ebay, and the going rate is now $3000-$3200. Craziness.

My Gearlist

AmandaMarie
Cream of the Crop
6,211 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 15, 2012 23:51 |  #5572

20droger wrote in post #14272719 (external link)
Melody, you hate people who don't maintain their cars (and justly so), well try this one on for size.

When I was in the order, the prior asked me to go over to the convent of the Sisters of the Sacred heart and look at their car. It was "acting funny."

Imagine my surprise when I found that their four-year old Buick was almost out of oil, and that they had never even checked the oil, much less changed it, since they got the car (new)!

Also, both front brakes were metal on metal! They sister in charge of the car admitted it made a lot of noise when she stepped on the brakes. She didn't think it needed repair, though, because it still stopped!

The car had been reduced to junk in those four years, because nobody did anything to it but put in gas.

They did tell me they liked the Buick, though, because it lasted longer than previous cars. Most of them only lasted three years. They thought that's how long they were supposed to last.

Nothing I did or said could get them to take care of their car. As far as I know, they're still getting a new one every three years.

You were in the order?! WHAT? :eek:

Meow.

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 15, 2012 23:52 |  #5573

AmandaMarie wrote in post #14272743 (external link)
You were in the order?! WHAT? :eek:

Interested in joining the sisterhood?

My Gearlist

AmandaMarie
Cream of the Crop
6,211 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 15, 2012 23:52 |  #5574

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14272745 (external link)
Interested in joining the sisterhood?

A little late for that, I think. :lol:

Meow.

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 15, 2012 23:53 |  #5575

AmandaMarie wrote in post #14272746 (external link)
A little late for that, I think. :lol:

Never too late :)

My Gearlist

AmandaMarie
Cream of the Crop
6,211 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 15, 2012 23:53 |  #5576

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14272749 (external link)
Never too late :)

...yes, yes it is. :lol::lol::lol:

Meow.

Juneb
505 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 15, 2012 23:54 |  #5577

If the workers at the shop would use hand tools to tighten the lug nuts instead of impact wrenches we would be able to loosen and remove them to change a tire . Not everyone carries around a 6 ft chetta bar in their car . besides the tools they give you to do the job really do leave a lot to be desired .

Canon T1i
EFS 18-55
75-300
to much to learn, to little time left to learn it

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 15, 2012 23:56 |  #5578

AmandaMarie wrote in post #14272751 (external link)
...yes, yes it is. :lol::lol::lol:

What they don't know...

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 15, 2012 23:57 |  #5579

Juneb wrote in post #14272755 (external link)
If the workers at the shop would use hand tools to tighten the lug nuts instead of impact wrenches we would be able to loosen and remove them to change a tire . Not everyone carries around a 6 ft chetta bar in their car . besides the tools they give you to do the job really do leave a lot to be desired .

Ah haha! The 2am thread has new meat? Blood? What do we call new people who accidentally post here?

My Gearlist

AmandaMarie
Cream of the Crop
6,211 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 16, 2012 00:00 |  #5580

Welcome...

muahahha

Meow.

sponsored links

328,154 views & 0 likes for this thread
It's Already 2AM: 27th Edition... Time for Amanda to Rip nick's clothes off!!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.