Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 02 Jul 2011 (Saturday) 22:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rylin Rae: 365 project

reyces
242 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 16, 2012 22:02 |  #391

AMAZING!!! I love them!!

Canon 6D Gripped & Canon 6D & Sony a7R II -|- Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS II USM -|- Canon 24-70mm f/4L IS USM -|- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM -|- Speedlight 600EX-RT -|- Cheetah CL-360 x3 and TT850 x2 -|- Sony 50mm f1.8 -|- Sony 18-105 f4
www.cesarphotography.n​et (external link)

sponsored links
PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 16, 2012 22:10 |  #392

tropicalshoes wrote in post #14272154 (external link)
Love Love Love these!! Wow what a cute little girl, When I graduate next month I might have to do one of these!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Thanks a lot! It is a huge project!

shankarhokie wrote in post #14273775 (external link)
Rylin is growing up right in front of our eyes...

Road trip to Iowa? Hope you all made it back safe and not affected by those tornadoes..

She sure is. I cant believe how fast this year has gone by. There is a small family museum in Bettendorf Iowa that we wanted to take Rylin to. She had fun but it was a little small. We got back before the tornadoes!

JakAHearts wrote in post #14273852 (external link)
Wow, not sure how Ive missed this thread. Some amazing and inspirational shots you have as well as a beautiful family.

Thank you very much sir!

mom2AnH wrote in post #14277302 (external link)
I think Day 288 is probably one of my most favorites of your 365 Ryan!

The only thing I might do is remove the dandelion dander in front of her face ....

but it's still my favorite of her!

It is one of my favorites as well. As soon as I took it I knew it was gonna be good. The light was spot on and the background was perfect to remember the day we had. I think I'll keep the dandelion dander though. She was cracking us up when she was trying to blow the dander off. She was spitting quite a bit instead of blowing.

shankarhokie wrote in post #14277316 (external link)
Day 287... Are you driving? Hope not...

Nope, we are stopped in front of the house. You can see our mail box in the background. I was stopping to get the mail and looked up to see her patty caking in the rear view. ;)

Miladymimi wrote in post #14277387 (external link)
"That Look" is priceless. She is such an adorable little girl. Be prepared, you'll probably see that look a lot in years to come. :)

That is one of Tara's favorites. Tara already has to remind me to have a backbone with her... Its a losing battle...

shankarhokie wrote in post #14277509 (external link)
I see Ryan losing a lot of battles.. and handing over his credit cards....:lol::lol:

Uh yup... No doubt about it!! HAHA!! I think baby #2 will be a girl too. So if I'm right, I will walk around with empty pockets for a very long time. Little girls are so much fun.

SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear and Feedback

shankarhokie
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 17, 2012 07:40 as a reply to  @ PeyDay17's post |  #393

I think this thread should be a sticky.. Once this project is completed

Shankar
Perpetual learner.
FLICKR (external link) -- Gear-- Facebook (external link)

gtg844f
119 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 17, 2012 22:35 |  #394

I think you shouldn't show this project to your daughter until she reaches the point she can understand your real intention.
It will mean a lot more to her later I think.
Really admire your passion, love and work. Thanks for sharing and love to see her smile :)

learning hard!
Feedback
https://photography-on-the.net …=14172392&postc​ount=33323
https://photography-on-the.net …=13036714&postc​ount=29059

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 18, 2012 01:06 |  #395

shankarhokie wrote in post #14279992 (external link)
I think this thread should be a sticky.. Once this project is completed

Thanks shankar.

gtg844f wrote in post #14284345 (external link)
I think you shouldn't show this project to your daughter until she reaches the point she can understand your real intention.
It will mean a lot more to her later I think.
Really admire your passion, love and work. Thanks for sharing and love to see her smile :)

Ive actually thought about that! Maybe her 18th bday or something? Thank you for the kind words.

All of you have been amazing for my inspiration and motivation. This thread has some amazing people in it! I appreciate all of your comments more than I can express here on the forum.

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 19, 2012 22:08 as a reply to  @ PeyDay17's post |  #396

Day 291 - Potty TIME!!

IMAGE: http://rbfoto.smugmug.com/Other/Rylins-365-project-July-2nd/i-KM68wDz/0/XL/Day291-XL.jpg
Day 292 - SQUIRREL!
IMAGE: http://rbfoto.smugmug.com/Other/Rylins-365-project-July-2nd/i-RC8hQdV/0/XL/Day292-XL.jpg
Day 293 - BIG SISTER!! (This is how Tara and I announced on our Facebook pages.)
IMAGE: http://rbfoto.smugmug.com/Other/Rylins-365-project-July-2nd/i-KvQfF7H/0/XL/Day293-XL.jpg

mom2AnH
Goldmember
1,155 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 19, 2012 22:34 |  #397

OMGosh!!!! Stop posting pics of her!! lol ;) I'm kidding but WOW can she seriously be any cuter?!?!

LOVE the look on her face in the potty picture - I have a similar-aged picture of Holden on the potty and coincidentally, he had a shirt that said "Genius in the Making" and he was reading a book on the potty - HILARIOUS and he hates that picture now! ;) I'll be sure to add it to his Wedding slide show! ;) HAHAHA!

Love the photo(s?) of Tara and Rylin announcing the pregnancy. Was it 2 separate photos you blended together? or was that just one photo. It's hard to tell.

Jenn
C&C always appreciated
Canon Rebel XS w/ 18-55mm IS, 75-300mm, and the nifty-fifty

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 19, 2012 22:45 |  #398

mom2AnH wrote in post #14296304 (external link)
OMGosh!!!! Stop posting pics of her!! lol ;) I'm kidding but WOW can she seriously be any cuter?!?!

LOVE the look on her face in the potty picture - I have a similar-aged picture of Holden on the potty and coincidentally, he had a shirt that said "Genius in the Making" and he was reading a book on the potty - HILARIOUS and he hates that picture now! ;) I'll be sure to add it to his Wedding slide show! ;) HAHAHA!

Love the photo(s?) of Tara and Rylin announcing the pregnancy. Was it 2 separate photos you blended together? or was that just one photo. It's hard to tell.

Thanks Jenn. LOL! The potty pic cracks me up!

The announcement is 2 separate pics blended! :)

biz64
251 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 24, 2012 01:58 |  #399

Really enjoyed looking at your thread....all 27 pages of it lol. You have a beautiful little girl and your photos are great. Your girl reminds me of my little girl who will be 2 in June. I may start a 365 project when she turns 2 now that I'm inspired by your work lol. Only problem is I have two boys, 6 and 4 years old and I that would mean doing one of them too :) Anyway just wanted to say great job and congrats on baby #2.

T3i | 18-55mm kit | 50mm 1.8II | Metz 50 Af-1 | Canon 85mm 1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 | Canon 55-250mm II | Canon 15-85mm

misty66
Goldmember
3,966 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 24, 2012 15:07 |  #400

Look at that cutie pie growing up so fast with her little painted nails. So adorable. Congrats on the second baby....I really hope you "bore" us some more with lovely pics. ;)

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)

PricelessMoments
36 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 25, 2012 02:46 |  #401

PeyDay17 wrote in post #13696446 (external link)
Hello Adam, I posted a few PMs I received recently, They explain my workflow and how I shoot. I think these will help you!

PhotoShop CS5---
---I have an action I have created that adjust the brightness and contrast and an Unsharp Mask. That gets done to all of my images right out of Raw. I just push a button on the margin and the sharpening and brightness(+5)/contras​t(-5) are adjusted. Sharpening is Amount 60% Radius 1.5 Threshhold 10.
---Eyes. I do this to every picture too. I Copy the background layer (command + J key) then select "screen" as the blend mode. It will make the image much brighter.
Hide the brighter layer by holding option (mac) and clicking the add layer mask button. This will hide the bright layer behind regular exposure.
Then zoom way in on the eyes. Select a brush and paint the eyes. The bright layer will be revealed and their eyes will be bright. After they are painted in, adjust the opacity by sliding it to 20%, give or take.
---Spot Sharpening. Select the background layer and select your sharpening tool. Sharpen the eyes and hair. Adjust the opacity until everything looks good to you.
---New adjustment layer. Levels. I hit the Auto button and adjust a little bit to what my eye says looks like it did in real time when I took the shot. Auto is usually really close!
---Darken/Lighten center plugin from Color Effects Pro 3.0. Adjust to your liking, Rylin's face is usually my center point. The outside I usually burn a little too. I feel this directs attention to your subject.

Ryan

Ryan, I just finished reading all of your posts from page 1 to current page and wow, you are very talented! I have question for you in regards to this post. I was able to follow everything except for portion in blue. I am fairly new to cs5 and dont know which sharpen option are you referring to: sharpen, sharpen edges, sharpen more, smart sharpen, unsharp mask. I'm not even sure if any of these are right bc none allows me to sharpen at selected area. Please advise.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of your absolutely adorable little girl and answering these questions because it helps us beginners tremendously. :)

CrayonNinja
222 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 25, 2012 03:33 |  #402
bannedPermanent ban

Man this is great, I can just imagine how valuable these photos will be to her later in life looking back through an album (you should definitely put these in a physical album for her btw!)

I hope that I can do something like this when I eventually have some kids of my own..hopefully I'll have a bit of time to plan between now and then though

shankarhokie
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 25, 2012 08:03 |  #403

PricelessMoments wrote in post #14324625 (external link)
Ryan, I just finished reading all of your posts from page 1 to current page and wow, you are very talented! I have question for you in regards to this post. I was able to follow everything except for portion in blue. I am fairly new to cs5 and dont know which sharpen option are you referring to: sharpen, sharpen edges, sharpen more, smart sharpen, unsharp mask. I'm not even sure if any of these are right bc none allows me to sharpen at selected area. Please advise.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of your absolutely adorable little girl and answering these questions because it helps us beginners tremendously. :)

There is a separate sharpen tool in CS5. It looks like a triangle in the tool palette a,ong with blur & smudge

http://help.adobe.com …3e41001031ab64-75fda.html (external link)

http://www.petapixel.c​om …en-tool-in-photoshop-cs5/ (external link)

Shankar
Perpetual learner.
FLICKR (external link) -- Gear-- Facebook (external link)

CrayonNinja
222 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 25, 2012 16:50 |  #404
bannedPermanent ban

Or you could just convert the layer to a smart object (or duplicate) apply the appropriate sharpen filter, then mask off the areas you don't want sharpened.

PricelessMoments
36 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 25, 2012 22:28 |  #405

thank you both!

sponsored links

91,955 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rylin Rae: 365 project
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.