Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 19 Apr 2012 (Thursday) 11:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom Copyright help!!

hania
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 19, 2012 11:53 |  #1

Hi, I set a copyright on my photos and saved them as jpegs.

I inadvertently deleted my original raws.

I now need to get the copyright off my jpegs to print them.

I have been spending hours editing it off - but I notice, that when I load the jpegs into LR, the images are displayed first, and then the copyright mark seems to be overlaid.

Is it possible that it is not embedded in the jpeg? and that there is an easy way to remove it?

Gear List

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 19, 2012 15:33 |  #2

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are seeing...when you Exported the jpeg with the copyright as a "Watermark", it would have "burned it" into the image. If you Export an image with Exif, that goes into the jpeg "header".

If you open the jpeg in a generic image "reader" does the copyright show up? If so, that's what you get...

Don't delete your Raw files!!!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

hania
THREAD ­ STARTER
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 19, 2012 15:54 |  #3

tonylong wrote in post #14294145 (external link)
Hmm, I'm not sure what you are seeing...when you Exported the jpeg with the copyright as a "Watermark", it would have "burned it" into the image. If you Export an image with Exif, that goes into the jpeg "header".

If you open the jpeg in a generic image "reader" does the copyright show up? If so, that's what you get...

Yes- copyright still there.

What happened, it was a dance show - I burned last years (feb 2011) this year, and mislabelled the disc 2012. I then looked at my discs to make sure I had a hard copy and deleted the 2012 raws.
It's the first time I have exported from LR and put a copyright symbol on at the same time. I usually have 2 copies of jpegs - one without and one with which I post online.

It's strange though how Lightroom loads the jpegs - the images are displayed first in filmstrip below and the copyright. Symbol seems to follow a few shots behind.

Ah well, must carry on with photoshopping it out!

Thanks for reply.

Certainly won't do that again

Gear List

drmaxx
Goldmember
1,247 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 19, 2012 16:18 as a reply to  @ hania's post |  #4

Might be worth a try:
http://www.piriform.co​m/recuva (external link)

Donate if you love POTN

hania
THREAD ­ STARTER
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 19, 2012 17:19 |  #5

drmaxx wrote in post #14294398 (external link)
Might be worth a try:
http://www.piriform.co​m/recuva (external link)

Tried recovery on my imac but got nowhere - I have mac keeper but it eventually hung as did other ones I tried so I gave up in the end. The trouble is, I 'm not sure i put them on my imac - I may have put the photos straight onto my 2TB external (where i keep the raws - usually) and I think I would still be here next year trying to recover a drive that size!

My iMac has only 4g ram (2008) so I tend to keep all,photos on externals with firewire 800.

Gear List

ArcticShooter
Goldmember
1,828 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 21, 2012 06:55 |  #6

hania wrote in post #14294718 (external link)
Tried recovery on my imac but got nowhere - I have mac keeper but it eventually hung as did other ones I tried so I gave up in the end. The trouble is, I 'm not sure i put them on my imac - I may have put the photos straight onto my 2TB external (where i keep the raws - usually) and I think I would still be here next year trying to recover a drive that size!

My iMac has only 4g ram (2008) so I tend to keep all,photos on externals with firewire 800.

Try out the SanDisk ResquePRO, it's probably the best out there. Send me a PM and I will give you a free one year lisence

Helge
Summer is great :)

My gearMy (external link)Flickr  (external link) (external link)G+ (external link)

supernova74
957 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 21, 2012 08:21 |  #7

tonylong wrote in post #14294145 (external link)

I always delete them once edited. Why keep em ?

Mark
Canon 5DMKII. 50D. EF 70-200 f2.8 II L, EF 24-70 L, 50mm f/1.8 II, Speedlite 580EX II, 15mm Fisheye
Facebook (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 21, 2012 08:42 |  #8

Originally Posted by tonylong
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

supernova74 wrote in post #14302706 (external link)

Well, if your photos have meaning to you, then think of the Raw files in the way a film shooter would think of the negatives, but beyond that, the Raw files are like the undeveloped film. If you toss your negatives you no longer have the ability to get the best print. With your Raw files you can go further and re-process a shot from "scratch".

Like I said, this is for photography that has meaning to you beyond just a "job" or some such thing. Otherwise, why bother shooting in Raw?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
42,779 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 21, 2012 09:24 |  #9

I always delete them (RAW files) once edited. Why keep em ?

Because it is the electronic equivalent of burning your film negatives simply because you have paper prints to look at.

That loses you any future ability to take advantage of any future RAW processing improvements, and it also loses you any ability to re-interpret a shot (e.g. making a sepia-toned version; or making a low-contrast version of the shot)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 22, 2012 01:34 |  #10

That's funny - I save my raw files and delete my jpgs after I've done what I want with them - print, load to the net, email, etc. If I need one at some point I can just export it from LR again.

But I would certainly try to recover your raw files. All may not be lost but it will take some time to find out.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

goatydude
528 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 22, 2012 01:56 |  #11

Um thats a pretty strange thing to do. Most who are serious about there images make multiple backups of their raws, i know i do. I even go as far as making multiple backups and not deleting off my cards till the next shoot, just in case.

www.gippslandimages.co​m.au (external link)

1dmk4 1dmk2 50d 70-200 2.8L 17-40 f4L 50 2.5 100 2.8 macro, 28 1.8 and the rest.....

sponsored links

2,318 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom Copyright help!!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.