Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Apr 2012 (Thursday) 16:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How much is this worth?

Christina.DazzleByDesign
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 19, 2012 16:41 |  #1

Truly hope I am in the correct thread, I apologize if I am not - still new/ish to this forum! :oops: :p

I'm looking to sell my T2i, but the prices are all over the map so I'm not sure what to charge. Here is what I would be selling:

---> Canon EOS Rebel T2i (bought NEW late 2010, its a little less than a year and a half old - I still have the original box. The lenses were bought new along with it.)
---> Canon BG-E8 Battery Grip for T2i (with original box, for those who care about that sort of thing :P)
---> original T2i/Canon neckstrap + original battery included
---> EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens
---> EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens
Both lenses have Hoya 58mm Pro-1D HMC Protector filters on them.

What is a good rate for the above equipment? I'm looking for a ballpark range so I know where to start :) Everything is in great condition. The body and lenses have no marks or chips or scratches. Thanks in advance!!

5D3 | 7D | 85L II | 70-300L | 24-105L | Nifty Fifty | 600EX-RT_______________
| Facebook (external link) | Website (external link) | Gear List |Flickr (external link) |

sponsored links
themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 19, 2012 16:42 |  #2

I imagine $850 max.

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

Christina.DazzleByDesign
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 19, 2012 16:52 |  #3

themadman wrote in post #14294533 (external link)
I imagine $850 max.

That sounds pretty good to me. I'm still not 100% sure if I should sell or not..the money would be sent straight back into the "next lens" funds, which is my primary reason. The only reason I would keep it would be as a backup in case something goes horribly wrong with my 5D3, but I don't shoot weddings or anything like that yet - so its not "imperitive" that I have a backup body....or is it? :( :confused:

| Facebook (external link) | Website (external link) | Gear List |Flickr (external link) |

mrgooch
Goldmember
3,209 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 19, 2012 16:53 |  #4

Selling it as a package will be the problem.

Christina.DazzleByDesign
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 19, 2012 16:54 |  #5

mrgooch wrote in post #14294594 (external link)
Selling it as a package will be the problem.

...why is that? ???

themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 19, 2012 16:59 |  #6

Christina.DazzleByDesi​gn wrote in post #14294587 (external link)
That sounds pretty good to me. I'm still not 100% sure if I should sell or not..the money would be sent straight back into the "next lens" funds, which is my primary reason. The only reason I would keep it would be as a backup in case something goes horribly wrong with my 5D3, but I don't shoot weddings or anything like that yet - so its not "imperitive" that I have a backup body....or is it? :( :confused:

If you don't shoot anything that is a one time thing (wedding, events, etc) and most jobs can be rescheduled if something goes wrong then it isn't imperative to keep it. I would say if you do this for a living, I would defiantly keep a second body, but not imperative.

As another poster mentioned, selling as a package can be hard. You can prolly sell it all if you part.

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

James504
431 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 19, 2012 16:59 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

no one wants all that equipment together....you will have better luck parting everything out.

peeaanuut
Goldmember
3,556 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 19, 2012 17:00 |  #8

Christina.DazzleByDesi​gn wrote in post #14294600 (external link)
...why is that? ???

finding someone that needs/wants that overall package can be a challenge. A new photog or someone stepping up from a P&S might be interested.

Stuff
http://joetakesphotos.​com/ (external link) : | : https://www.facebook.c​om/JKlingPhotos (external link) : | : https://twitter.com/jk​lingphotos (external link)
airbutchie - Joe was definitely right about adding contrast...
:)

Christina.DazzleByDesign
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 19, 2012 17:05 |  #9

themadman wrote in post #14294625 (external link)
If you don't shoot anything that is a one time thing (wedding, events, etc) and most jobs can be rescheduled if something goes wrong then it isn't imperative to keep it. I would say if you do this for a living, I would defiantly keep a second body, but not imperative.

As another poster mentioned, selling as a package can be hard. You can prolly sell it all if you part.

I don't do this for a living yet, its more part of a bigger aspect - I'm a graphics designer first and work for a company that specializes in that. The Photography aspect is a newer section. Im a college student, attending a 2yr photography program - but I've been shooting for a few years so I classify myself as professionally amateur, :lol: I mainly shoot events - sporting events, but not as the official photographer - yet - ( I know people in the events that could get me the gig but I don't feel I'm ready for that pressure just yet. Hundreds of riders over a span of 6+ hours a day for three days expecting photos from me..not yet, haha.) So I don't think I'll be hardpressed to keep the T2i as backup, not now that I've been spoiled by the IQ and AF abilities of the 5D3. If worse comes to worse I can rent a body from my college.

Selling them apart might be a good idea...I might get more money out of it that way :lol: Thanks for your input!

Kirill
728 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 19, 2012 17:10 |  #10

themadman wrote in post #14294533 (external link)
I imagine $850 max.

That's super MAX
same t3i kit minus battery grip is 950$ http://www.adorama.com …er&utm_source=r​flaid62259 (external link)

BryantFC
Goldmember
2,606 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 19, 2012 17:10 |  #11

I'll still push it as a package. You might have to be a bit more pushable in terms of price but there may be someone out there that will get a good deal out of it.

I sold my 5DII with 5 lenses, a flash, battery grip and other accessories all for $2500 shipped. I only did this because i was pushing it out with anticipation to go to Nikon. Obviously, you still see me here so i won't get into that ;). I stood firm with my price and it went out immediately.

For a kit, I say go for everything half off or close to 60-75 percent off depending on condition. I know you want some cash back but it only makes the deal better if the other party feels like they're getting a hell of a deal.

Just don't short change yourself and sell it for something that you don't want to get less for.

Hope that helps!

Mamiya M645 1000S, Mamiya RZ67, Polaroid SX-70 Alpha, Polaroid 250 Auto Land Camera, Leica M3, Canon Elan II
www.bryantphethmanh.co​m (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bryantphethmanh​/ (external link)

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,804 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 19, 2012 17:43 |  #12

Most likely you are looking at $600 on the high end and that's if you part it out. $525 - $550 is a more realistic figure.
A Canon refurb T2i body only with a 90 day warranty is under $400
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens can be bought for about $125 - $140 and the market is flooded with them at the higher prices.
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens is just a kit lens and while it's still a nice lens most people won't care one way or the other about it in the sale.
Most 3rd party grips can be had for $50-$60 and come with 2 batteries/charger and AA battery tray from retailers like Linkdelight.
The filters won't add much to the package either so I wouldn't count on that to entice a would be buyer.

Most importantly you have to be competitive in your pricing to want the customer to purchase your equipment vs the options I've listed. It's a bummer because we've all been there and seen some of our equipment devalue at an astonishing rate. I would suggest keeping the T2i/grip for a backup because it still is a great body for capturing images.

If you do sell I hope you can get more, but always prepare for the worst and hope for the best

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 19, 2012 18:24 |  #13

Christina.DazzleByDesi​gn wrote in post #14294666 (external link)
Selling them apart might be a good idea...I might get more money out of it that way :lol: Thanks for your input!

I agree, sell the items separately

frugivore
Goldmember
3,089 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 19, 2012 18:29 |  #14

I had all that except the filter and sold them all for a total of about $900. Sold separately.

Christina.DazzleByDesign
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 19, 2012 18:30 |  #15

frugivore wrote in post #14295050 (external link)
I had all that except the filter and sold them all for a total of about $900. Sold separately.

When did you sell them? What year

sponsored links

1,819 views & 0 likes for this thread
How much is this worth?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.