Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Mar 2012 (Friday) 16:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D3 owners Unite! Discuss and post Photos!

this thread is locked
biffstephens
43 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 23, 2012 00:26 |  #4186

bikeboynate wrote in post #14311410 (external link)
Am I hallucinating or are those shorts sporting some Horizon Milk livery? :shock:
I love that milk!!! LOL.
Nice shots bte ;)

That would be CORRECT!

:)

Thanks!

sponsored links
elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 23, 2012 00:49 |  #4187

Buylongterm wrote in post #14311376 (external link)
How do I put this? (I've probably drank to much wine, and I'm sure I'll edit the post and it will make a lot more sense come tomorrow). Lol

I spend hours and hours on this board reading thousands of posts. I do it because the wealth of information is incredible and I simply want to become a better photographer. There are several members who I respect and look forward to them posting pictures or listening to what they have to say. Seeing that I just commented on Mondayshifts pic, he is one of those members that quickly comes to mind. His work is incredible.

Ive also noticed alot of members who are not afraid to voice their opinions. (I think you can agree with me you are one of those memebrs.) :-)

Some I listen too and respect, while others I don't. But one of the first things I do is obviously check out their work. After all, if you can't take good pictures, obviously it's hard for me or anyone to respect anything someone says.

What's my point? Not that my opinion matters, but these last two pictures as well as the rest of your work, pretty much sums up you can back up anything you say as far as im concerned and your work is outstanding. I cannot believe how good these shots are. Seriously.

Simply incredible!

First off, thanks and wine or no wine, I'll take the compliment. I also really like a couple of the points you bring up. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, whether it's popular or not, doesn't matter to me personally. Any criticism or critique I would give someone else is never done with mean intentions or any malice on my part. I simply try to cut right to it and let them know what is wrong, what is right and what can be done. In the end you have to be your own worst critic and trust me, there's nothing that anyone has said about a photo of mine that I didn't already criticize myself for extremely hard. When your work goes in front of editors, etc., they don't really care about your feelings, you're just someone who either did the job or did not do the job. I try to bring a little more heart to it than that but I'm a firm believer in telling someone that something isn't good when it's not good. Telling them it's good when it's not is only going to keep them from improving and the person on down the road who finally does tell them might not be as nice as I am or others on here are about it. Being a photographer and writer is all I've ever wanted to do in my life and it's rapidly getting to the point where I will have to make the choice to do it as a career or do something else. I've never really imagined doing anything else, so the decision will be easy LOL. Thanks again for your kind words, they are much appreciated. I'm humbled by the response these photos have received here and elsewhere and it's really not a secret; I just try to do the best I can every time I go out there and shoot. I hope that I can keep backing it up and I thank the members on here who push me to be a better photographer just by the display of their great work.

I have posted mostly B$W as someone mentioned so here are a few color. BTW someone had asked if I shot RAW and I did not, these are all JPEGs. I don't really shoot much RAW.

IMAGE: http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8554/g57c0510.jpg

x
TOO LARGE!
EMBED PREVENTED, IMAGE TOO LARGE:
http://img72.imageshac​k.us/img72/226/g57c050​8.jpg
Click here to see our image rules.

And one B%W

x
TOO LARGE!
EMBED PREVENTED, IMAGE TOO LARGE:
http://img29.imageshac​k.us/img29/7814/g57c06​40.jpg
Click here to see our image rules.

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

WARAT
Goldmember
1,190 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2012 01:33 |  #4188

^^^ incredible photos elrey! If you don't mind sharing the exif on the first pic that would be awesome. I've always shot RAW ever since I learned the advantages of it since my T2i days but seeing how you can actually have clean images like these straight jpeg makes me want to try and shoot jpg again. hmmmm.

CANON 5D3 [35 L] [70-200 mm MKII] [50 mm 1.4]

VirtualRain
541 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 23, 2012 01:34 |  #4189

Here are a few shots with the 5D3 and the Stormtrooper (70-300L)... (this Lens has a whole new lease on life with this body although I need to get more creative with it!)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Sony a7rII / 24-240 / Zeiss 25, 55, 85

scottkil
97 posts
Joined May 2011

Apr 23, 2012 01:42 |  #4190

elrey2375 wrote in post #14306810 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Excellent capture, like this one a lot.

Canon 5D Mark III | 24-70L f/2.8 | 70-200L IS II f/2.8 | 100L f2.8 Macro | 50 f/1.4, 2x Extender III | 2X 430EX II

scottkil
97 posts
Joined May 2011

Apr 23, 2012 01:42 as a reply to  @ scottkil's post |  #4191

A few taken this weekend.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

What Lies Beneath (external link) by Scott Kilbourne (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Scratching (external link) by Scott Kilbourne (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Tulip (external link) by Scott Kilbourne (external link), on Flickr

Canon 5D Mark III | 24-70L f/2.8 | 70-200L IS II f/2.8 | 100L f2.8 Macro | 50 f/1.4, 2x Extender III | 2X 430EX II

elrey2375
4,992 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 23, 2012 01:45 |  #4192

scottkil wrote in post #14311613 (external link)
Excellent capture, like this one a lot.

Thanks, that might be my personal favorite too along with the one where his arms are spread out like Jesus. But, I just found this one after going through them again, so who knows I may have another favorite in their somewhere lol This one is SOOC except for level adjustment to not make the light behind him SO bright. No NR or sharp though.

IMAGE: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/708/g57c0875copy.jpg

sf_loft
212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 23, 2012 01:46 |  #4193

The obligatory Golden Gate Bridge shot. Foggy and made the best of it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7091/7104211415_9d44d5eb96_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8153/7104211831_4f62b3fa69_c.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mark III & FUJIFILM X-T1 mirrorless

35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II |135mm f/2L | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/4L IS | 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro
Benro C2691T Travel Angel | GP-E2 GPS | EF 1.4x III
FUJINON 23mm 1.4 | FUJINON 35mm 1.4 | FUJINON 56mm 1.2

flickr (external link)

elrey2375
4,992 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 23, 2012 01:52 |  #4194

WARAT wrote in post #14311588 (external link)
^^^ incredible photos elrey! If you don't mind sharing the exif on the first pic that would be awesome. I've always shot RAW ever since I learned the advantages of it since my T2i days but seeing how you can actually have clean images like these straight jpeg makes me want to try and shoot jpg again. hmmmm.

Sure, no problem. That was my 17-40 wide open at F4, 3200 ISO, 1/160. WB was set to auto. Pattern metering. Only thing I did in post was run it through Dfine and hit it with a +20 sharpening and that's about it. All the shots are at 3200. I shot both lenses wide open and I simply moved my shutter speed back and forth to get exposure I wanted. I went from 1/160 up to about 1/320. No exposure compensation was used.

WARAT
Goldmember
1,190 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2012 02:25 |  #4195

elrey2375 wrote in post #14311637 (external link)
Sure, no problem. That was my 17-40 wide open at F4, 3200 ISO, 1/160. WB was set to auto. Pattern metering. Only thing I did in post was run it through Dfine and hit it with a +20 sharpening and that's about it. All the shots are at 3200. I shot both lenses wide open and I simply moved my shutter speed back and forth to get exposure I wanted. I went from 1/160 up to about 1/320. No exposure compensation was used.

Thanks for the info kind sir. I have yet to try other NR programs aside from LR4 as I've heard Dfine is good at that.. Your pic looks like it should be in a magazine or something. :)

CANON 5D3 [35 L] [70-200 mm MKII] [50 mm 1.4]

elrey2375
4,992 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 23, 2012 02:35 |  #4196

WARAT wrote in post #14311697 (external link)
Thanks for the info kind sir. I have yet to try other NR programs aside from LR4 as I've heard Dfine is good at that.. Your pic looks like it should be in a magazine or something. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, LR is good too but I have all my NIK plugins in Aperture so it's where my workflow starts and usually ends unless I need something in Photoshop because the new content aware stuff in the new version is really awesome for getting rid of stuff you used to have to clone out. Plus I have some FloraBella actions in PS but those are mainly for weddings and portrait stuff. I find that this camera's files are particularly responsive to processing, especially NR. The 1D mark III is much the same way for me, the files just seem very receptive to NR.

KCY
Unlocked the hidden 117 point AF
7,170 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 23, 2012 02:35 |  #4197

scottkil wrote in post #14311616 (external link)
A few taken this weekend.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

What Lies Beneath (external link) by Scott Kilbourne (external link), on Flickr

Great shot :D

KC - The Circle of PoTN - Member of the UCPC
My Gear|My Smugmug (external link)|Pong

Harpo63
265 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 23, 2012 06:55 as a reply to  @ KCY's post |  #4198

Im trying to change some settings on my 5D3… Cant seem to find the right place in the manual to do this…

- Change DOF button to be a toggle for one-shot/servo

Anyone can throw a lifeline? Thanks

5D3 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-70 f2.8 II L : 70-200 f2.8 II L : 50mm f1.4 : 600EX-RT

KCY
Unlocked the hidden 117 point AF
7,170 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 23, 2012 06:59 |  #4199

Harpo63 wrote in post #14312144 (external link)
Im trying to change some settings on my 5D3… Cant seem to find the right place in the manual to do this…

- Change DOF button to be a toggle for one-shot/servo

Anyone can throw a lifeline? Thanks

Menu -> Tab5-2 (C.Fn2) -> Custom Controls

then find the dof button and change as required

KC - The Circle of PoTN - Member of the UCPC
My Gear|My Smugmug (external link)|Pong

Harpo63
265 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 23, 2012 07:18 as a reply to  @ KCY's post |  #4200

Thanks KCY. Got it. It was so simple, feels like DOH!

5D3 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-70 f2.8 II L : 70-200 f2.8 II L : 50mm f1.4 : 600EX-RT

sponsored links

2,203,868 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D3 owners Unite! Discuss and post Photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.