Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Apr 2012 (Tuesday) 21:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bought a lens from market place...But seller banned from forums?

Gandroid
85 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 24, 2012 21:26 |  #1

Bought a lens about 2 weeks ago...and after a week the seller said he shipped it. Now there is no replies to PM and emails.:cry: Time to panic and contact paypal.

-guna :)

sponsored links
duane0524
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 24, 2012 21:46 |  #2

Gandroid wrote in post #14323390 (external link)
Bought a lens about 2 weeks ago...and after a week the seller said he shipped it. Now there is no replies to PM and emails.:cry: Time to panic and contact paypal.

Have you tried to contact him outside of POTN?

I would start the process with PayPal.

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

Gandroid
THREAD ­ STARTER
85 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 24, 2012 21:50 |  #3

duane0524 wrote in post #14323522 (external link)
Have you tried to contact him outside of POTN?

I would start the process with PayPal.

I emailed to his paypal email account. No answers yet. I am just surprised/worried that it account status says banned!

duane0524
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 24, 2012 21:52 |  #4

Gandroid wrote in post #14323541 (external link)
I emailed to his paypal email account. No answers yet. I am just surprised/worried that it account status says banned!

File with PayPal, try to pm a mod to see if he was banned for scamming.

Good luck, i hope you did not use gift payment.

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 24, 2012 21:53 |  #5

Gandroid wrote in post #14323541 (external link)

Could be banned for any number of reasons.
In the listing it says the seller says needing money for hospital bills (or similar) - could be that he/she is back in hospital. Regardless - if item is overdue and seller says shipped then I would not waste any time getting in touch with Paypal and/or credit card Company.

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

Gandroid
THREAD ­ STARTER
85 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 24, 2012 21:57 |  #6

Justaddwata wrote in post #14323569 (external link)
Could be banned for any number of reasons.
In the listing it says the seller says needing money for hospital bills (or similar) - could be that he/she is back in hospital. Regardless - if item is overdue and seller says shipped then I would not waste any time getting in touch with Paypal and/or credit card Company.

Yeah, that's the reason I didn't put his name in the thread. I paid with regular paypal...so hopefully paypal will take care this.

Buckeye1
Goldmember
3,588 posts
Gallery: 77 photos
Joined May 2005

Apr 24, 2012 22:05 |  #7

On one hand, you hope he is not back in the hospital, and on the other that may be the best reason why he could not respond to e-mail. If he is indeed a scammer, then you might not be the only one as he sold a few lens fairly quickly..though no feedback at all. Very glad to know you have paid via Pypal regular in this case.

Ken ­ S.
425 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 24, 2012 22:37 |  #8

Must be the same fellow that I bought a lens from :(
Still waiting...he's been banned, can't email or PM him.
Happened about two weeks ago.....get the picture .
I already called pp, and calling Visa in the morning.
First time this has ever happened.
I do pray that he is to in the hospital...but my gut says got screwed .
Time will tell.
Ken

Fuji XH1
Olympus EM1-ll

Gandroid
THREAD ­ STARTER
85 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 24, 2012 23:15 |  #9

Ken S. wrote in post #14323800 (external link)
Time will tell.
Ken

First for me too..:o...I am relatively new here...but I already bought 3 lenses and a backpack..all went smooth.
I am going to contact paypal too.

eye2i
Goldmember
1,791 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 24, 2012 23:19 |  #10

Just file for claim dude. Two weeks is a bit long. I understand he may be dealing with health issues, and god bless him/her but you need to look after yourself. Hope you get this issue resolved.

Gandroid
THREAD ­ STARTER
85 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 24, 2012 23:41 |  #11

eye2i wrote in post #14323998 (external link)
Just file for claim dude. Two weeks is a bit long. I understand he may be dealing with health issues, and god bless him/her but you need to look after yourself. Hope you get this issue resolved.

yep, I was little wary opening this thread because he might be dealing with health issues...but as he has sold 5 or 6 lenses, want to find out if anyone really got it.
Just filed a PP claim.

gratchie
957 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 24, 2012 23:50 |  #12

gandroid, was it for a 50 1.4? If yes, then it's from the same guy that scammed me and ateet. He tried to sell us the same item, took our money then disappeared. I filed a complaint to Paypal. I hope you paid him thru regular paypal.

GearList || Canon 5D Mark III | 24L II | 135L | 70-300L | 24-105L | 600 EX-RT | ST-E3-RT | RX100M2
Full Gear List and Feedback || growingthompy.tumblr.c​omexternal link

Gandroid
THREAD ­ STARTER
85 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 25, 2012 00:23 |  #13

gratchie wrote in post #14324120 (external link)
gandroid, was it for a 50 1.4? If yes, then it's from the same guy that scammed me and ateet. He tried to sell us the same item, took our money then disappeared. I filed a complaint to Paypal. I hope you paid him thru regular paypal.

Yep, it's 50mm 1.4 :o

I paid with regular paypal.

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Apr 25, 2012 00:26 |  #14

Ken S. wrote in post #14323800 (external link)
Time will tell.
Ken

Apparently you did not follow the rules Here, especially:

This is your transaction. It is in your best interests to use traceable lines of communication such as e-mail or the telephone to conduct your business.

If you must use PM then feel free to do so but doing so you must understand that in case of trouble POTN will not give you any PM logs or user trace info because we are not part of the deal in any way. We do not guarantee that PM's reach their targets, either. When using your own email you have your own logs and also possibly your own ISP there to help you in trace.

It is up to you to verify buyer's/seller's integrity and it is up to you to manage transaction safely.

TO GET TO KNOW SELLER, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT SELLERS PRIOR POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS AT POTN. YOU CAN DO IT BY CLICKING USER NAME ON THE LEFT SIDE AREA AND SELECTING "VIEW MORE POSTS BY....".

You are on your own. I would suggest that you file a complaint with PayPal immediately.

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,380 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 25, 2012 00:44 |  #15

so...it sounds like you've been scammed...definitely start contacting paypal....

but in the meantime...i did a simple search for the name he was using, and was able to come up with a few things...

his/her photobucket profile: http://s1170.photobuck​et.com/profile/SnapItQ​uick (external link)
a craigslist ad with phone #: http://wichita.craigsl​ist.org/crs/2902010368​.html (external link)

you can see that the images he posted here are the same as the person in the craigslist ad...also one of the posts here mentions going from la to kansas...the craigslist ad is in whichita....

if i were out the money, i'd give him/her a call, i think people are a lot more willing to answer phone calls than emails...especially if they know that you know a lot more about them then they think...,but do what you want...good luck

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

6,746 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bought a lens from market place...But seller banned from forums?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.