Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 13 Apr 2012 (Friday) 06:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DPP 3.11.26 announced

Canonised
Goldmember
1,563 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 30, 2012 01:30 as a reply to  @ post 14348615 |  #61

After all these years, Canon has yet to put in a simple UPDATE in its DPP Menu.
Even better to carry out periodical update checks. This is now industry norm and yet Canon still requires EOS owners to hunt down sites and links. Esp for newbies.

Not even a link to Canon HQ from its "ABOUT" dialog in DPP.

CANONISED (aka Horolographer)
GEAR LIST
INSTAGRAM - http://instagram.com/h​arrytanphotography (external link)
Horolography blog - http://watchinghorolog​y.com (external link)
Photography blog - http://harrytanphotogr​aphy.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 01, 2012 12:10 |  #62

Canonised wrote in post #14351513 (external link)
After all these years, Canon has yet to put in a simple UPDATE in its DPP Menu.

Wouldn't make sense unless they fixed their crappy installer that insists on logging in as Admin and rebooting after install :p

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

dlw
267 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 05, 2012 11:17 |  #63

I'm confused. I downloaded 3.11.26 from the 5D mkiii software section on canon's web site a while back. When I select Start HDR tool, a window opens to select images. After selecting images, the window does nothing more and has no more options listed. What am I missing?

pixelbasher
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 05, 2012 16:42 |  #64

If you have already opened an image as you normally would in DPP, then click the HDR tool button, there should be three windows, the one on the left with your initial pic shown. Under the other two windows there should be "browse" buttons. Click on each of them to load the other bracketed images you want to load.

If there is a quicker way I'd like to know as it's a bit behind the times not being able to select three at once, but then again, it's pretty basic as HDR software, going off the once or twice I have played with it

50D. 7D. 24-105L. 100-400L. 135L. 50 1.8 Sigma 8-16
flickr

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 05, 2012 16:53 |  #65

I can select and load three at once. Select, then Tools/Start HDR tool (Alt-Y/Opt-Y).

A window opens with the selected photos and you can click to Auto Align, then just click Start HDR.

After processing the image shows up in another dialog with various controls for adjusting things and the Save As function. Since the controls don't have the latitude that a Raw file would, you may want to Save As a tiff to do the extra tweaking you may want to do.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

EdKiefer
28 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 05, 2012 16:55 |  #66

dlw wrote in post #14383592 (external link)
I'm confused. I downloaded 3.11.26 from the 5D mkiii software section on canon's web site a while back. When I select Start HDR tool, a window opens to select images. After selecting images, the window does nothing more and has no more options listed. What am I missing?

check windows display settings that you are using normal size DPI (96) if you enlarge DPI then sometimes software apps don't show all buttons .

pixelbasher
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 05, 2012 17:52 |  #67

Thanks for the tip on the shortcut tony!

50D. 7D. 24-105L. 100-400L. 135L. 50 1.8 Sigma 8-16
flickr

dlw
267 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 05, 2012 22:30 as a reply to  @ pixelbasher's post |  #68

In reference to my past post about not getting the HDR function to work in DPP, this link shows how to correct the problem:

http://forums.dpreview​.com …rum=1010&messag​e=41331288 (external link)

I'm amazed that more users haven't come across this problem. The link about is absolutely correct and works fine on my system running Windows 7.

yb98
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,625 posts
Joined Feb 2003

May 06, 2012 00:56 |  #69

EdKiefer wrote in post #14384793 (external link)
check windows display settings that you are using normal size DPI (96) if you enlarge DPI then sometimes software apps don't show all buttons .

+1.

On Win 7, Make sure you have this :

IMAGE: http://digitol.free.fr/images/dpi.jpg

Best DPP Threads
DPP++ Video Channel (external link)
New Version DPP++ 11.3 released (external link)

eamo
38 posts
Joined Nov 2006

May 07, 2012 04:08 |  #70

A few people in this thread seem to be using the GIMP - came across this older thread, works with DPP 3.11.26 and GIMP 2.8 on Windows.
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=976157 which was originally posted by yb98, thanks for that info, i found it very useful.

regards
eamo

MikeInHuntington
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 07, 2012 12:51 as a reply to  @ eamo's post |  #71

Hi there -

Just learning here and interested in HDR -

Is the tool within DPP (free) about the same as what I'd get from Photomatix Essentials ($40)?

At first blush I noticed that DPP is limited to merging 3 images? And Essentials can do more?

Any advice or comment welcome.

MikeInHuntington
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 15, 2012 12:57 |  #72

MikeInHuntington wrote in post #14393686 (external link)
Hi there -

Just learning here and interested in HDR -

Is the tool within DPP (free) about the same as what I'd get from Photomatix Essentials ($40)?

At first blush I noticed that DPP is limited to merging 3 images? And Essentials can do more?

Any advice or comment welcome.

anyone? thanks.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 15, 2012 13:11 |  #73

Well, I've done a little testing of the DPP HDR tool. My biggest complaint was that it didn't do too well at "aligning" the images. And then, it tended to keep highlights a bit too bright for my taste.

But, I wasn't comparing it to Photomatix but rather to Photoshop CS3.

Does Photomatix have a free trial? If I were you I'd go that route and test things out.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

DavidWatts
Goldmember
2,305 posts
Gallery: 119 photos
Joined Apr 2008

May 15, 2012 18:48 |  #74

Anyone having trouble with downloading lens correction data from Canon? I just got my 5D3, and was trying to add data for the 24-105 and the 16-35, and nothing happened. I checked both lenses and clicked "Start" but 20 minutes later, the dialog is frozen. I rebooted several times with the same problem. Internet connection is fine, and there is no firewall in the way. Just.... nothing.

DPP can't even find the downloaded lens data for the other lenses I have, and have downloaded weeks ago.

Totally puzzled.

EDIT: Their servers must have been down for a while. Tried a couple hours later and they came up immediately.

My Smugmug site (external link)

mars1954
97 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2012

May 16, 2012 04:19 as a reply to  @ DavidWatts's post |  #75

Hi I just downloaded DPP 3.11.26 As the software that came with my 5D Mark III would not read raw files so it was suggested on the forum to update and it says the update was successful but when I go to the about on DPP it says I still have 3.11.10 I dont know why what am I doing wrong any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

sponsored links

19,180 views & 0 likes for this thread
DPP 3.11.26 announced
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.