Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 04 May 2012 (Friday) 08:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Which ML Version?

malibubts
224 posts
Joined Mar 2009

May 04, 2012 08:43 |  #1

Just got my 5D in the mail from Canon. I want to install Magic Lantern, but I'm not sure which version to go for. My firmware is 2.1.2 so I'm going to have to downgrade. Can you find the older versions on Canon's site? But I see there is AJ 5.9 for the 2.0.9 firmware, Classic for 2.0.8, and then Unified beta for 2.1.1. Is the unified worth any donation and use, the bug list looked pretty bad from what I saw.

5D MkII, Rebel XTi
Canon 300mm /4, Sigma 70-200mm /2.8, Canon 50mm /1.8, Rokinon 14mm /2.8
PhotoEric (external link)

KurtGoss
453 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 06, 2012 03:57 |  #2
bannedPermanent ban

To be honest, I have given up on Magic Lantern... the Unified release is the best features, but it's been MANY months and no release in site for the 5DmkII. Their dev group seems to be only working on 7D and 60D solutions... they keep saying the 5D version is coming... since I have ONLY 5Ds... I stopped paying attention to their "soon" updates.

And then they have the nerve to announce that they "might" be able to get a 5DmkIII version working!

malibubts
THREAD ­ STARTER
224 posts
Joined Mar 2009

May 06, 2012 18:41 |  #3

KurtGoss wrote in post #14386883 (external link)
To be honest, I have given up on Magic Lantern... the Unified release is the best features, but it's been MANY months and no release in site for the 5DmkII. Their dev group seems to be only working on 7D and 60D solutions... they keep saying the 5D version is coming... since I have ONLY 5Ds... I stopped paying attention to their "soon" updates.

And then they have the nerve to announce that they "might" be able to get a 5DmkIII version working!

After a lot of searching I was able to find a Unified version that was updated in April, it still ran on the 2.1.1 firmware but that's no biggie. I'll try and find the link and post it up here.

5D MkII, Rebel XTi
Canon 300mm /4, Sigma 70-200mm /2.8, Canon 50mm /1.8, Rokinon 14mm /2.8
PhotoEric (external link)

KurtGoss
453 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 06, 2012 21:40 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

malibubts wrote in post #14389551 (external link)
After a lot of searching I was able to find a Unified version that was updated in April, it still ran on the 2.1.1 firmware but that's no biggie. I'll try and find the link and post it up here.

if you find a current release of Unified that runs on 5DmkiI, please post link.

Seems the people on the dev team don't use 5DmkII, which makes me feel that they do not see it as a priority.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,042 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which ML Version?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.