Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 30 Apr 2012 (Monday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

It's Already 2AM: 28th Edition... Time for Jdizzle to get his D800!!

this thread is locked
wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:29 |  #3736

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402356 (external link)
I don't believe that chickens are known for warning people of things.

Well, I've heard them say "It's gonna eat me! It's gonna eat me!" repeatedly when they happen to see a large object fly over (they aren't picky - it can be a helicopter or a hawk) or something walk through the brush (once again, not picky - it can be a stray dog, coyote, or rabbit, just so they weren't expecting it).

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

sponsored links
laxlife1234
Cream of the Crop
12,432 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:29 |  #3737

monk3y wrote in post #14402359 (external link)
:lol::lol: that's impossible ;) :lol:

I think the lens was back focusing which was why.. I need to tell my teacher (who let me borrow it) he really needs to send it in. Even the VR was acting strange... images came out SHARPER without the VR actually..

laxlife1234
Cream of the Crop
12,432 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:30 |  #3738

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402366 (external link)
She's holding a gummi?

Swedish fish!!!:p

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:30 |  #3739

Have this one breed of bantam that supposedly "never goes broody" and is "a lousy mother" - no one bothered sending her that memo - she ended up hatching out her second set of chicks this year, four in all. She hatched so late last summer there is a chance she'll do two broods this year.

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 08, 2012 22:31 |  #3740

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402357 (external link)
Made the mistake of starting a photography group on FB with the hopes of better photogs mentoring less experienced ones, etc., and discovered that can be an incredibly frustrating experience. One member, when I suggested that she should have tried alternative perspectives on a shot of a road, trees, etc., walked the two and a half miles back to the site to try my advice and bring back her next picture, which was just a little bit too far the other direction than I'd hoped... LOL

Then there were the pros who don't know anything but how to shoot on auto who have no desire to hear anything but how amazing they are... ~sigh~

Photography criticism is a very difficult thing to do or to hear.

Look on the bright side. The extra exercise may add an extra year to her lifespan--she is an american after all. Walking isn't something we're known for.

My Gearlist

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

May 08, 2012 22:31 |  #3741

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402357 (external link)
Made the mistake of starting a photography group on FB with the hopes of better photogs mentoring less experienced ones, etc., and discovered that can be an incredibly frustrating experience. One member, when I suggested that she should have tried alternative perspectives on a shot of a road, trees, etc., walked the two and a half miles back to the site to try my advice and bring back her next picture, which was just a little bit too far the other direction than I'd hoped... LOL

Then there were the pros who don't know anything but how to shoot on auto who have no desire to hear anything but how amazing they are... ~sigh~

Photography criticism is a very difficult thing to do or to hear.

haha... I am very open to criticism, in fact with how my pictures used to suck (they still suck btw)... I needed all the advice I could get from people around here. :lol:

I just hate it when people ask for opinions/criticism and gets pissed when somebody starts seriously criticizing their photo and hark back :lol:

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:32 |  #3742

laxlife1234 wrote in post #14402352 (external link)
I shot with Nikon today! Only problem was... it wasn't focusing properly and I think something was wrong with the lens :confused:? I think I got about 10 or so photos that are actually tack sharp from some 150 photos...

I tested what a 70-200 was like with a D7k!
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Swedish fish? (external link) by Jacob Skoglund (external link), on Flickr

Love the way the background brings out the color of her eyes.

You can call me Wuzzi

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:33 |  #3743

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402378 (external link)
Look on the bright side. The extra exercise may add an extra year to her lifespan--she is an american after all. Walking isn't something we're known for.

I felt so bad! I couldn't believe what she did. I have never, ever made another suggestion about her images. Afraid that she'll have heatstroke or something one day.

You can call me Wuzzi

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 08, 2012 22:33 |  #3744

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402382 (external link)
Love the way the background brings out the color of her eyes.

Looks like colored contacts to me.

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 08, 2012 22:34 |  #3745

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402389 (external link)
I felt so bad! I couldn't believe what she did. I have never, ever made another suggestion about her images. Afraid that she'll have heatstroke or something one day.

Walking is good for the the body. And Nike/Reebok/Adidas.

My Gearlist

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

May 08, 2012 22:34 |  #3746

laxlife1234 wrote in post #14402370 (external link)
I think the lens was back focusing which was why.. I need to tell my teacher (who let me borrow it) he really needs to send it in. Even the VR was acting strange... images came out SHARPER without the VR actually..

Teacher? you got photography class?

Your shot is very clean.... I sure hope I could take clean shots of people like that :lol:

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

Blurr ­ Cube
...a lucky id-iot that didn't get electrocuted...
15,144 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 08, 2012 22:34 |  #3747

monk3y wrote in post #14402238 (external link)
what's the difference? :lol: its interchangeable here :lol:

Toilet paper comes in rolls and need to be thicker but still soft. Tissue paper comes in boxes and meant for cold/cough. ;) :lol:

| Canon EOS Systems |

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 08, 2012 22:34 |  #3748

monk3y wrote in post #14402399 (external link)
Teacher? you got photography class?

Your shot is very clean.... I sure hope I could take clean shots of people like that :lol:

Maybe if they'd stand still and stop jumping :lol:

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 08, 2012 22:35 |  #3749

Blurr Cube wrote in post #14402401 (external link)
Toilet paper comes in rolls and need to be thicker but still soft. Tissue paper comes in boxes and meant for cold/cough. ;) :lol:

Just use a roll of 800-grit sandpaper. Very strong.

My Gearlist

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:36 |  #3750

monk3y wrote in post #14402379 (external link)
haha... I am very open to criticism, in fact with how my pictures used to suck (they still suck btw)... I needed all the advice I could get from people around here. :lol:

I just hate it when people ask for opinions/criticism and gets pissed when somebody starts seriously criticizing their photo and hark back :lol:

For me it depends if the criticism is constructive or something that really is just picking for the sake of picking. If it's a teaching opportunity, great. But geez, if not... ~shakes head~

Usually if I ask for criticism, though, I prepare myself for all kinds. I know people come in all shapes, sizes and backgrounds.

You can call me Wuzzi

sponsored links

296,200 views & 0 likes for this thread
It's Already 2AM: 28th Edition... Time for Jdizzle to get his D800!!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.