Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 30 Apr 2012 (Monday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

It's Already 2AM: 28th Edition... Time for Jdizzle to get his D800!!

this thread is locked
wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:38 |  #3751

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402392 (external link)
Looks like colored contacts to me.

I can't tell for sure in the size I am looking at - maybe you're better. I know that my eyes don't have contacts and there is a golden ring around the iris that kind of sends rays out from the iris and blue and green specks in them. This one looks kind of like a dark gold with green... besides - wouldn't most buying colored contacts aim for the every popular "blue?"

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

sponsored links
*sigh*
Hardware Master (or something like that)
25,047 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 08, 2012 22:38 |  #3752

Wuzzi! Where have you been?

-Nick | Gear | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

May 08, 2012 22:39 |  #3753

Blurr Cube wrote in post #14402401 (external link)
Toilet paper comes in rolls and need to be thicker but still soft. Tissue paper comes in boxes and meant for cold/cough. ;) :lol:

yeap I know what you mean but here we interchange it unconsciously :lol:

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402402 (external link)
Maybe if they'd stand still and stop jumping :lol:

hahahaha... yeah I guess.

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402414 (external link)
For me it depends if the criticism is constructive or something that really is just picking for the sake of picking. If it's a teaching opportunity, great. But geez, if not... ~shakes head~

Usually if I ask for criticism, though, I prepare myself for all kinds. I know people come in all shapes, sizes and backgrounds.

That's why I don't like to ask for criticism from people that I don't normal talk with... but then like you if I ask for criticism openly, I usually just take everything lightly as far as anything they say about the photo is concern :lol:

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:40 |  #3754

*sigh* wrote in post #14402426 (external link)
Wuzzi! Where have you been?

I was captured by the alien race that left all bird species on this planet and taken to their over-sized chicken leader. It was terrifying, at first, until I understood that they only wanted to make me their voice to the population of earth...

Just kinda not all there physically and too much going on to keep up with mostly, Nick.

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 08, 2012 22:40 |  #3755

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402424 (external link)
I can't tell for sure in the size I am looking at - maybe you're better. I know that my eyes don't have contacts and there is a golden ring around the iris that kind of sends rays out from the iris and blue and green specks in them. This one looks kind of like a dark gold with green... besides - wouldn't most buying colored contacts aim for the every popular "blue?"

My sister had purple contacts. They actually make some with multiple colors on a single lens.

My Gearlist

laxlife1234
Cream of the Crop
12,432 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:43 |  #3756

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402382 (external link)
Love the way the background brings out the color of her eyes.

Yeah, she has insane colored eyes. Here's a much older picture, but a close up of her eyes.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Eye see you. (external link) by Jacob Skoglund (external link), on Flickr

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402392 (external link)
Looks like colored contacts to me.

Nope, those are actually her natural eyes!

monk3y wrote in post #14402399 (external link)
Teacher? you got photography class?

Your shot is very clean.... I sure hope I could take clean shots of people like that :lol:

Thanks Steven, yeah, it's the first year, and it sucked. All I was being taught was whats a motion? What's contrast? What's aperture mean? etc..etc... I was like :rolleyes: these n0obs couldn't learn it on their own? I mean literally he didn't even teach the kids how to use a camera in M! The most important thing before learning about how to take a composed photo is IMO learning how to shoot in full manual mode!!

Otherwise, he's the coolest teacher.

laxlife1234
Cream of the Crop
12,432 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:44 |  #3757

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402402 (external link)
Maybe if they'd stand still and stop jumping :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

laxlife1234
Cream of the Crop
12,432 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:44 |  #3758

I swear to god... if another person on eBay sends me an offer for $1k for my 85L I'm going to have a conniption.

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:45 |  #3759

MOkoFOko wrote in post #14402441 (external link)
My sister had purple contacts. They actually make some with multiple colors on a single lens.

I can't wear contacts - I think the issue is related to my other issues, to be honest, but haven't wanted to deal with a rheumatologist to find out. :(

You can call me Wuzzi

EthanPierce
Goldmember
1,856 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 08, 2012 22:47 |  #3760

Day 92

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Ethan | flickr (external link)
«5D III ¤ T2i ¤ 17-40mm f/4L ¤ Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ¤ Sigma 35mm f/1.4»
«Canon XA10 ¤ RØDE NTG-1»

EthanPierce
Goldmember
1,856 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 08, 2012 22:48 |  #3761

I liked having the tree trunk there, but I don't really know if I should have left it in.

Ethan | flickr (external link)
«5D III ¤ T2i ¤ 17-40mm f/4L ¤ Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ¤ Sigma 35mm f/1.4»
«Canon XA10 ¤ RØDE NTG-1»

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:48 |  #3762

laxlife1234 wrote in post #14402458 (external link)
I swear to god... if another person on eBay sends me an offer for $1k for my 85L I'm going to have a conniption.

Gotta love bargain hunters... :rolleyes:

You can call me Wuzzi

*sigh*
Hardware Master (or something like that)
25,047 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 08, 2012 22:49 |  #3763

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402437 (external link)
I was captured by the alien race that left all bird species on this planet and taken to their over-sized chicken leader. It was terrifying, at first, until I understood that they only wanted to make me their voice to the population of earth...

Just kinda not all there physically and too much going on to keep up with mostly, Nick.

:lol:

Ah, sorry to hear that. :(

-Nick | Gear | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:50 |  #3764

*sigh* wrote in post #14402485 (external link)
:lol:

Ah, sorry to hear that. :(

Thanks. I don't like any of the treatment options left so I guess I'm winging it until my disease progresses far enough to the ones that are worth investing in anesthesia, recovery etc. for...

You can call me Wuzzi

laxlife1234
Cream of the Crop
12,432 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 08, 2012 22:51 |  #3765

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14402483 (external link)
Gotta love bargain hunters... :rolleyes:

I mean I respect that, but be courtious and don't lowball the **** out of me. It's like you really think I'm going to EVER drop the price $800? There's a reason why my price is my price.. :rolleyes:

sponsored links

296,098 views & 0 likes for this thread
It's Already 2AM: 28th Edition... Time for Jdizzle to get his D800!!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.