Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 28 Apr 2012 (Saturday) 16:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Recommended HDR Software

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 09, 2012 00:46 |  #16

Canon_Shoe wrote in post #14402875 (external link)
Every Image is definitely different! I just used HDR on this photo out of necessity since the wind was blowing and the foliage in the foreground was moving during the 0 exposure. Used HDR for the foreground and then manually blended the background as the HDR version just looked kind of evil :) Not really a good example I guess since the natural image looks completely unreal due to the light conditions that happened here (some clouds in the valley/low cloud level/sun just below cloud level), and this valley in Kauai will just take your breath away in person, but HDR made it a usable image in this case

And what software did you use?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links
Canon_Shoe
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2012

May 09, 2012 08:20 |  #17

tonylong wrote in post #14403011 (external link)
And what software did you use?

I used CS5 Merge HDR Pro to combine the 3 images into a 32 bit file, then I just use the default tone mapping setting in Nik HDR Efex Pro. The default setting doesn't add any color, structure, contrast or anything which I like and it keeps the image realistic. After that, I blended in the background from the underexposed image in this case using CS5. The image still looks flat when you're done just like a RAW file so I treat it like a RAW file and process it through camera raw and do any corrections

Facebook-- http://www.facebook.co​m/AndrewShoemakerPhoto​graphy (external link)
Website----http://andrewshoemaker​photography.com/ (external link)
Nikon D810, Nikon 14-24, Nikon 24-70 F/2.8 VR, Nikon 70-200 VR II

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
6,141 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008

May 09, 2012 11:22 |  #18

Canon_Shoe - out of curiosity, what does the 0EV image look like? Can you post it?

kirk

Kirk
---

davidcrebelxt
Goldmember
3,016 posts
Joined Dec 2006

May 09, 2012 20:43 |  #19

I'll 2nd Luminance. I've been playing around with it a little lately.

Not as easy as Photomatix, but powerful and can't beat the price.

David C.
Equipment: Canon Dig. Rebel XT; 18-55mm EF-S; 28-105mm EF; 50mm 1.8 EF
Sigma ef-500 DG ST, Elements, Gimp, Lightroom
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dcrebelxt (external link)

TGrundvig
Goldmember
2,876 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 09, 2012 20:45 |  #20

SNS-HDR Pro is my choice. I've used most of the top ones and SNS-HDR is my first choice.

1Ds Mk II, 1D Mk II, 50D, 40D, XT (for my son), 17-40L, 24-105L, Bigma 50-500 EX DG, Sigma 150 Macro EX DG, Tokina 12-24 AT-X, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 28-300 (for my son), 580ex II, 430ex II

Canon_Shoe
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 10, 2012 00:10 |  #21

kirkt wrote in post #14404888 (external link)
Canon_Shoe - out of curiosity, what does the 0EV image look like? Can you post it?

kirk

Here is the best I could do with the 0EV Image. Better than I thought actually......might try to blend the background from the -2EV exposure so the sky is not blown out and see how it looks in comparison to the HDR version :) This trip to Kauai has made me realize I need a GND filter since I'm after a more natural image. Lee filters are in the mail from BH Photo :D I use a gradient filter in CS5 but it doesn't do a whole lot of good if that portion is overexposed in the first place......better to get it right in camera I'd say

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon_Shoe
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 10, 2012 00:43 |  #22

Canon_Shoe wrote in post #14408596 (external link)
Here is the best I could do with the 0EV Image. Better than I thought actually......might try to blend the background from the -2EV exposure so the sky is not blown out and see how it looks in comparison to the HDR version :) This trip to Kauai has made me realize I need a GND filter since I'm after a more natural image. Lee filters are in the mail from BH Photo :D I use a gradient filter in CS5 but it doesn't do a whole lot of good if that portion is overexposed in the first place......better to get it right in camera I'd say

and here's my first attempt at blending the -2EV exposure.......kind of liking it more than the HDR in this case, but much more color to play with in the HDR

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

3,957 views & 0 likes for this thread
Recommended HDR Software
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.