Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 May 2012 (Thursday) 19:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D3, anyone have luck buying one recently

kouasupra
Goldmember
2,750 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2008

May 11, 2012 00:05 |  #16

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14414224 (external link)
But, Newegg is a large authorized Canon dealer, but not many people use them

I didn't even know that newegg was an authorized canon dealer. I do my shopping for computer parts there but not camera stuff. Looks like I'll be doing more business with newegg now.

sponsored links
Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

May 11, 2012 00:09 |  #17

kouasupra wrote in post #14414256 (external link)
I didn't even know that newegg was an authorized canon dealer. I do my shopping for computer parts there but not camera stuff. Looks like I'll be doing more business with newegg now.

Yeah, that's my point. Not many people know that, but they are a full authorized dealer. They honor rebates, everything. Their return policy is decent and I've never had any issues with them. I've bought a 16-35, and 70-200 from them.

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

May 11, 2012 00:19 |  #18

wookiee2cu wrote in post #14414176 (external link)
http://kenmorecamera.c​om …eos-5d-mark-iii-body.aspx (external link) in-stock, family store, one of 2 major non-chain stores in the Seattle area, bought plenty of gear from them never a problem, they have the kit package as well.

Buy from their ebay store and get 2% ebay bucks.

I think J&R also has the kit available.

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

mitdac
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 11, 2012 00:41 |  #19

I order the body from Canoga camera on Tuesday, shipped Wednesday.

Tweet
337 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2010

May 11, 2012 01:35 |  #20

how is tax and shipping at kenmore or newegg?

totetite
THREAD ­ STARTER
30 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 11, 2012 02:53 |  #21

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14414224 (external link)
I got mine from a small dealer in Austin... went and picked it up on Friday.

I had preorders in at Adorama, B&H and Newegg.

I got a notice that Newegg has them in stock yesterday, but it only lasted for a little over an hour.

But, Newegg is a large authorized Canon dealer, but not many people use them - so they get large shipments, with not as many people trying to buy them. I'd sign up for shipment notification and they'll email you when then come in. In my case, it was a week.

It seems that Canon is back in full shipment mode as the dealer I bought mine from, was expecting another shipment tomorrow (after having gotten a shipment of "3" serial range units the previous week, of which I bought the last one from.)

B&H and Adorama are just too backlogged, so I'd recommend the smaller places or the more unknown/unusual places to find it. I wouldn't buy it from some unknown entity on Amazon or Ebay though.

Good luck!

the problem w/ newegg for me is that they charge tax for california, and that can be a killer @ almost 9% :)

[5D3: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II] [Rebel XTi: EF-S 60mm, EF 28-135mm]

Zurbaran1
51 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 11, 2012 08:15 as a reply to  @ totetite's post |  #22

I ordered from Crutchfield back on April 11th. Decided to take a look at my account and it shipped this morning! Must have just gone out because I haven't even gotten the Crutchfield email yet.

5D MarkIII, 24LII, 35[COLOR=red]L[COLOR=black], 50L, 85LII, 135L, 200f/2.8LII, [COLOR=red][COLOR=blac​k][COLOR=black][COLOR=​black]70-200f/4L IS, 100f/2.8 Macro, 40f/2.8 STM

Maverique
880 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 11, 2012 08:49 |  #23

The guys from the place I ordered it from are telling me Canon was going to ship them when they decided to fix the light leak issue so I guess I'll have to wait longer...

My website (external link) | My facebook (external link) | My flickr (external link)

tivoboy
170 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2009

May 11, 2012 08:51 |  #24

J&R has them, as does adorama at the moment. Amazon seems to be offering fulfillment through J&R at the moment, I ordered through amazon several weeks ago, still don't have a shipping idea, but might cancel and reorder. I'll check Crutchfield, I really like ordering from them.

wookiee2cu
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 11, 2012 09:13 |  #25

Tweet wrote in post #14414541 (external link)
how is tax and shipping at kenmore or newegg?

As far as tax goes, it depends on your state laws if you have to pay the sales tax or not. I live in Seattle so I've never ordered anything on line from Kenmore Camera, I just go there in person. You can put it in your cart and start to check out to see if you will have to pay the tax at time of purchase or not... same with newegg.

Packhorse-4
425 posts
Joined Jul 2006

May 11, 2012 09:56 |  #26

I placed my order with B&H on 26 March - I just received the shipping notification last night! WOOT WOOT - here comes the big brown truck...

John

My Photos (external link) | My Gear

scobols
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Gallery: 122 photos
Joined Dec 2006

May 11, 2012 10:05 |  #27

Yesterday I called a local shop (National Camera in MN) and they just received shipments of bodies and kits. The bodies were all spoken for but they had 3 extra kits. I'm (supposedly) picking up my kit at 1:00 today.

Scott

www.scottbolster.com (external link)
facebook (external link)

SBK1
941 posts
Joined Oct 2007

May 11, 2012 11:01 |  #28

From CR:

"5D Mark III at Adorama
Adorama has informed me that they will be filling all their preorders today, and will have stock of the 5D Mark III left over and ready for sale.

It shows out of stock at present, but there ARE some extras ready to go."

1DX|80D||200 f2L IS|300 f2.8IS|400 f2.8IS|70-200 mkII|24-70 mkII|1.4X TC iii|2.0X TC iii|600EX-RT|580EX II|2 Einsteins & AB800|
Buy/Sell Feedback on POTN
https://photography-on-the.net …p=15147375&post​count=3249

Palladium
Goldmember
3,905 posts
Joined Dec 2005

May 11, 2012 11:03 |  #29

SBK1 wrote in post #14415986 (external link)
From CR:

"5D Mark III at Adorama
Adorama has informed me that they will be filling all their preorders today, and will have stock of the 5D Mark III left over and ready for sale.

It shows out of stock at present, but there ARE some extras ready to go."

about 20 minutes Adorama posted an In Stock message on their Facebook Page for the 5D III

djmontowski
Hatchling
1 post
Joined May 2012

May 11, 2012 11:09 |  #30

Cinema Shot in Centennial colorado got mine in about a week. 303-997-4420. Tell Kay Dennis referred u

sponsored links

5,528 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D3, anyone have luck buying one recently
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.