Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 12 May 2012 (Saturday) 19:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D producing bright photos

acampane
53 posts
Joined May 2011

May 12, 2012 19:59 |  #1

Hello all i have a quick question. Ive been playing with my 60d a lot lately - I can't seem to stop taking super bright photos. Ive even tried shooting in auto and everything is coming out super bright. any ideas what im doing wrong? i attached a link to my flickt photostream, mainly check out the first two boat shots. yes the suns out but i took a picture with a reg 200 camera and the lighting was better. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/64338662@N02/ (external link)

Canon 60D - EF-S 18-135mm IS lens

sponsored links
Bad ­ Habit
Goldmember
2,102 posts
Gallery: 53 photos
Joined Apr 2011

May 12, 2012 20:04 |  #2

Looking at the EXIF on your first photo, you have it set for +1 EV, which adds a stop of exposure. It also was shot at 1600ISO which is probably a lot higher than needed for those conditions. As it was probably on auto, it tried to adjust by using an F25 aperture.

Start with removing the +1EV

JR / flickr (external link)

LARAB
73 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 12, 2012 20:05 |  #3

Exif says +1 EV. Grab the manual and look up exposure bias. Also says flash fired, maybe under exposure compensation. Someone with a 60D may chime in...Doh, too slow.

-Brian

Red Dwarf rules! (Thanks Habit.)

acampane
THREAD ­ STARTER
53 posts
Joined May 2011

May 12, 2012 21:50 as a reply to  @ LARAB's post |  #4

thanks fellas...i went in and looked at what my settings were (im very new with this camera) and i think i had everything completely out of wack after playing with it so much. I did a hard reset, and will test it out tomorrow...we'll go with major operator error!

Canon 60D - EF-S 18-135mm IS lens

bbb1919
70 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 13, 2012 12:25 |  #5

Hi
you have your EV at + 1 .. and some of your pictures are OK on my screen .. did you calibrate yours? or at least drop down you luminosity a bit ,,,

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,722 posts
Joined May 2003

May 13, 2012 14:34 |  #6

I can't see the EXIF data with DPP on the random prints I selected but "the Rock" seems serioulsy out of focus.

sponsored links

1,668 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D producing bright photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.