My son is playing in a LL playoff game tomorrow and I want to catch the action on video. I have been shooting 720P video with a JVC Everio. I have also been taking pictures with my 7D.
I have owned the 7D for a year and have never shot video. I would like to try doing so at tomorrow's game but know NOTHING about how to do it. I would be shooting with a 70-200 F2.8 (non-IS) and will be using a Calumet mono pod with a basic head on it. Yes, I realize I should probably improve my tripod/head, but I would like to try it out tomorrow.
Any tips on settings/procedures would be greatly appreciated. I will be bringing 2 8GB SanDisk Extremes with me and I have a grip.
I usually shoot in Av mode, but will go with whatever you recommend in terms of mode.
I am looking for tips on:
1. Camera Settings - standard and custom
2. Recommended ISO and F-stop for outdoors sports
3. Estimate of how quickly the card will fill up.
4. Anything else you think I should know.
5. Tips on getting the best focus