Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 23 May 2012 (Wednesday) 04:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Very excited!

Shutterwolf
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 23, 2012 04:15 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

Well, I finally got the money to upgrade to the 60D! Now its a matter of finding one for sale for a good price, otherwise I gotta transfer my funds to my bank from paypal and get one through the CLP program. Cant really decide which would be best... used or CLP. Any thoughts?

Josh
https://www.facebook.c​om/ShutterwolfPhotogra​phy (external link)
60D, 550EX, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark II, Canon 28-135mm IS, 18-55(old), Rebel Xti/400D (for sale)

sponsored links
lensfreak
484 posts
Joined May 2012

May 23, 2012 04:50 |  #2

You will love the 60D. I have one and it performs very well. The flip out screen is helpfull, not a sales pitch for me, but its helpfull. You will enjoy using it. If you don't have great glass, get some. I use the 70-200mm f/2.8 II and this lens gives magic images on FF and the crop 60D

Enjoy and congrats when u get it.

Shutterwolf
THREAD ­ STARTER
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 23, 2012 05:30 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

lensfreak wrote in post #14472470 (external link)
You will love the 60D. I have one and it performs very well. The flip out screen is helpfull, not a sales pitch for me, but its helpfull. You will enjoy using it. If you don't have great glass, get some. I use the 70-200mm f/2.8 II and this lens gives magic images on FF and the crop 60D

Enjoy and congrats when u get it.

I have the glass listed in my signature. I also use a 70-300 at times when I borrow it from my roommate. I want to try the 70-200 before I commit to paying that much for a lens. See if its really worth it for me to get that over my own 70-300. I really like the long range, and I use the 300mm a lot with dog photography.

I have played around with the 60D a bit, and the flip out screen isnt what sold me on it, but I will admit its a HUGE part of why I like it. The main thing I like is the video feature, otherwise I would've gone for a used 50D and saved some money.

Also, back to the topic of glass, I am considering upgrading to the 50mm 1.4, and the 18-135, or the 18-200 to replace my 28-135. the 18-55 is going bye bye with my Xti to a friend who is getting his first DSLR.

Josh
60D, 550EX, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark II, Canon 28-135mm IS, 18-55(old), Rebel Xti/400D (for sale)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 23, 2012 13:02 |  #4

Great move, you'll love it

whuband
Goldmember
1,433 posts
Joined Jul 2007

May 23, 2012 14:14 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #5

I would buy the clp over used. If the camera has a problem, it will probably be apparent soon after you buy it, and clp has a warranty.

1D4, 6D, 7D2, Sony a6000 with Sony16-70, Rokinon 12mmf2, Canon lenses: 17-40L, 17-55 f2.8, 10-22, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 70-200mm IS 2.8, 300mm 2.8 IS, 580EXII (3), 430EX, Alien Bees.

Shutterwolf
THREAD ­ STARTER
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 24, 2012 00:07 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

Well I ended up getting one used. Got a great deal on it and its got a very low shutter count. Cant wait to receive it tomorrow

Josh

plawren53202
180 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 24, 2012 00:12 |  #7

I'm one model behind you on both ends. I just upgraded a few weeks ago from an XT to a 50D. WOW, I cannot overestimate what a joy that upgrade has been. First, I never gelled with the XT's ergonomics at all. That body was just way too tiny for my big hands. The 50D fits my hands like a glove. It feels so much more solid, well-built and professional than the XT. The autofocus seems so much quicker on the 50D too, and combined with the much higher frames per second rate of fire, I feel like I am capturing a bunch of shots I missed before. I also think you are going to be pleasantly surprised at how that nifty fifty of yours comes to life on the 60D.

Congrats to you, and I think you are in for a lot of fun.

My quite modest little gear list: 50D gripped | 135L | 50 1.4 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8 | 28-105 3.5-4.5 | Speedlite 420EX | 2 Yongnuo 460ii | stands, 2 umbrellas, one softbox
http://www.facebook.co​m/TreyLawrencePhotogra​phy (external link)
http://www.zenfolio.co​m/treylawrencephotogra​phy (external link)

Shutterwolf
THREAD ­ STARTER
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 24, 2012 01:55 |  #8
bannedPermanent ban

plawren53202 wrote in post #14476937 (external link)
I'm one model behind you on both ends. I just upgraded a few weeks ago from an XT to a 50D. WOW, I cannot overestimate what a joy that upgrade has been. First, I never gelled with the XT's ergonomics at all. That body was just way too tiny for my big hands. The 50D fits my hands like a glove. It feels so much more solid, well-built and professional than the XT. The autofocus seems so much quicker on the 50D too, and combined with the much higher frames per second rate of fire, I feel like I am capturing a bunch of shots I missed before. I also think you are going to be pleasantly surprised at how that nifty fifty of yours comes to life on the 60D.

Congrats to you, and I think you are in for a lot of fun.

Thank you! I have used a 60D a hand full of times. My friend bought one just under a year ago, and I have been messing with one at Best Buy or the camera shop when I've had the chance. It also fits my hands a hell of a lot better then the tiny Xti and I cant wait to start using it tomorrow.

Josh

Lionel
721 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2008

May 24, 2012 02:27 as a reply to  @ Shutterwolf's post |  #9

Enjoy

Shutterwolf
THREAD ­ STARTER
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 25, 2012 01:06 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

Well I got my 60D today, and it is everything I expected, and a whole lot more! I am severely impressed with this camera, and I cant wait to learn all the new features and functions that I have been missing out on with an Xti :P

Josh

sponsored links

1,096 views & 0 likes for this thread
Very excited!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.