Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 25 May 2012 (Friday) 01:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Looking for New bag (shoulder)

k1msta
426 posts
Joined Jul 2010

May 25, 2012 01:55 |  #1

Right now I am using a 6m Crumpler and it is good walk around bag for 3 primes and 1 body or 70-200 and body with a prime lens..

too future proof myself i wanted to add bigger shoulder bag, to haul all my lens, flash, body, etc.

I am looking towards the Think tank Retrospective 20 or 30 but i ain't sure which one be a right fit.

right now i have 5d with L plate (might add Battery grip later) 24L, 50L, 70-200L, 430ex ii, filter case, etc. And sometime this year I will add 85L.
so basically, i want a shoulder bag that could hold 1body with or without Grip, 3primes, 70-200, 1flash, and etc

if you guys don't mind, can someone point me the right direction who has similar gear? TIA

5D ìì • M • 22 • 24L ìì • 50L • 85L ìì • 24-70L ìì • 70-200L ìì • 580ex ìì
Flickr (external link) ++GEARS / FEEDBACK
++

Ryan1524
153 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 25, 2012 05:45 |  #2

Billingham

ryan - my flickr (external link)

Mark-B
Goldmember
2,248 posts
Joined Jul 2007

May 25, 2012 07:53 |  #3

The Retrospective 20 & 30 are almost identical bags. The 20 is 2" more narrow than the 30, but 2" taller (made to hold the 70-200 f/2.8 upright with camera attached). The 30 is 2" shorter than the 30, but 2" wider (made to hold the 70-200 f/2.8 horizontally with camera attached).

I have the Retrospective 10. It is the same width and depth as the Retrospective 20, but 2" shorter (will hold the 70-200 f/4 with camera attached, but 70-200 f/2.8 will stick up a little over the edge with camera attached).

I regularly carry a 5D II with 24-105 attached, 17-40, 50mm f/1.4, 100mm f/2, 580EX, and 4 77mm filters in hard cases. I can fit more than that in there, like a second body only or another lens in the front pocket, but it gets hard to work out of when you really over stuff it.

Here's a shot showing some of what it will hold:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Mark-B
msbphoto.comexternal link

KRUSH
Goldmember
1,257 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 25, 2012 13:53 |  #4

Think Tank Urban Disguise 35 V2.0

The presence of the observer changes the nature of the observed...
Canon EOS 5D Mk II | Gear List & Feedback
For Sale: Canon S5 IS |

synapxe
338 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jun 01, 2012 00:14 |  #5

I'm using the TTR20 and having the 70-200 mounted is like a gift, plus the bag is really spacious and well built.

www.stillconcept.com (external link)

5DmkIII | 7D | 17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | 430EX II | Dakine Mission Photo Bag | Think Tank Retrospective 20
http://www.stillconcep​t.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,623 views & 0 likes for this thread
Looking for New bag (shoulder)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.