Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 May 2012 (Tuesday) 14:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon won't repair 1D MkII...too old now. A risk I take in buying cheap.

ENto. ­ Abyss
96 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 26, 2012 02:40 as a reply to  @ post 14486613 |  #16

no way... which canon service center ? NJ!!!? no way...... i was just in Canon Irvine center, South California... picking up my 5dii due to hot/dead pixel... anywho.. i remember seeing a gentlemen who apparently brought in the same camera as you did for a shutter repair, clean and everything.. and they happen to take in the camera..

So, I am guessing.. give Irvine Center a call... the one in South California..

Canon 5D Mark II & Canon 5d Mark III
[COLOR="Black"]Lens : EF 35mm f/1.4L USM - EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM - EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II
FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C

sponsored links
jayadeff
367 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2004

May 27, 2012 13:16 |  #17

ENto. Abyss wrote in post #14486624 (external link)
no way... which canon service center ? NJ!!!? no way...... i was just in Canon Irvine center, South California... picking up my 5dii due to hot/dead pixel... anywho.. i remember seeing a gentlemen who apparently brought in the same camera as you did for a shutter repair, clean and everything.. and they happen to take in the camera..

So, I am guessing.. give Irvine Center a call... the one in South California..

Are you sure it wasn't a 1DMkIIn? They look identical, and Canon still services those.

Old ­ Coot
295 posts
Joined Apr 2009

May 27, 2012 15:41 as a reply to  @ jayadeff's post |  #18

I had emailed in February about having my 1dmii serviced was was told to send it in. I wanted to verify, so I asked on May 25th and this was the response I received:
Dear ********:
We appreciate your continued correspondence regarding your EOS-1D Mark II.

Since you last spoke with us the EOS-1D Mark II has gone out of service life. We apologize for this inconvenience, but we no longer offer repairs to this model.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS-1D Mark II.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,
Timothy
Technical Support Representative

5d | 50d | 1d mii | Rebel G 35mm | Polaroid 100, 210, 360 | Bigma | Tokina 80-200 | Promaster 19-35 | 580ex | Olde Tyme Novatron strobes

maatt
234 posts
Joined May 2012

May 27, 2012 16:10 |  #19

Well, I was looking at picking one of these up used for my next body. Darn it.

e=mc ** 2

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,008 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Jan 2004

May 27, 2012 16:55 |  #20

Old Coot wrote in post #14492248 (external link)
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS-1D Mark II.

so did you? ;)

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

delhi
Goldmember
2,483 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 27, 2012 17:25 as a reply to  @ joeseph's post |  #21

Sorry to hear that.

Makes me wonder how long will Canon also stop servicing 5dc.

Vancouver Portrait Photographer (external link)
No toys. Just tools. (external link) :lol:

5d3/1dx AF Guidebook | What AF Points to use for my 5d3/1dx?! (external link)

ENto. ­ Abyss
96 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 27, 2012 18:06 |  #22

jayadeff wrote in post #14491788 (external link)
Are you sure it wasn't a 1DMkIIn? They look identical, and Canon still services those.

once again.. i may be wrong.. i was still half sleep, early morning to canon service place before going to work.. I may be wrong after all... hehehhe those camera and body look alike..

Canon 5D Mark II & Canon 5d Mark III
[COLOR="Black"]Lens : EF 35mm f/1.4L USM - EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM - EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II
FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C

sponsored links

4,015 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon won't repair 1D MkII...too old now. A risk I take in buying cheap.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.