Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 25 May 2012 (Friday) 22:10
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Glamour/Nude Photographers- what's is your sex?"
Female
8.1%
Male
91.9%

111 voters, 111 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS

Glamour Photographers and Gender

reneethomas
Demoted and banished by the TF
3,051 posts
Joined Jul 2007

May 25, 2012 22:10 |  #1

I am curious how many photographers in the forum are female and how many are male. I don't think I have seen many females post in the glamour nude forum.

Which are you?

Racquel is my real name
Gear List Flickr (external link) BugGuide (external link)Facebook (external link)

sloanbj
297 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 27, 2012 09:22 |  #2

What do women know about glamour?

Flickr (external link) 5Dii * Canon 50 * 85 * 17-40L * 24-105L * 180L * 100-400L * 580ex ii
Film: Contax | Rolleiflex | Pentax

reneethomas
THREAD ­ STARTER
Demoted and banished by the TF
3,051 posts
Joined Jul 2007

May 27, 2012 15:41 |  #3

sloanbj wrote in post #14491022 (external link)
What do women know about glamour?

I hope you are joking.

Racquel is my real name
Gear List Flickr (external link) BugGuide (external link)Facebook (external link)

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

May 27, 2012 15:43 |  #4

Has to be joking. I cannot vote. I'm not in that business. But I can watch.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

leeport
817 posts
Joined May 2008

May 28, 2012 12:10 |  #5

I realize you wanted to draw attention to your thread, but a more appropriate title might have been
Glamor Photographers and Gender.
When I clicked here I thought you were going to ask how many glamor photographers have sex with their clients...:lol: The title lead me to that...

But enough of that..

I am trying to get my wife involved with glamor shots more from the other side of the lens. Meaning the photographer instead of the model. She has a eye for it. I just need to get her some confidence behind the lens.

freshcargo
361 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 29, 2012 09:34 as a reply to  @ leeport's post |  #6

I think the true question should be Glamour Photographers on POTN and gender.

The result would be overwhelming male, as the women photographers are all out working and not surfing the net.

:)

Matt

1DsMk III, 5DII, 17-40L. 135L. 70-200mmL II. 50mm F/1.4

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

May 29, 2012 12:35 as a reply to  @ freshcargo's post |  #7

We had a couple of women in our group shoots over time, but recently this article - and I hope the link works - was an interesting read, seems like women photographers are on the move into glamour and lots of clients are more comfortable with a woman instead of a "sweaty old guy" :cool: behind the camera. Interesting read I thought:

http://www.contracosta​times.com …-www.contracostatimes.c​om (external link)

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 21, 2012 10:30 |  #8

leeport wrote in post #14495779 (external link)
I realize you wanted to draw attention to your thread, but a more appropriate title might have been
When I clicked here I thought you were going to ask how many glamor photographers have sex with their clients...:lol: The title lead me to that...

But enough of that..

I am trying to get my wife involved with glamor shots more from the other side of the lens. Meaning the photographer instead of the model. She has a eye for it. I just need to get her some confidence behind the lens.

His title is correct. A word has a gender, a person has a sex. He's talking about people.

He cannot be responsible for where your mind goes.

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 23, 2012 15:16 |  #9

If she has the eye, then you work as her assistant - choosing camera settings, setting up lights, etc. Make it so all she has to do is direct the model, set up the composition, and frame the shot.

She's still need some understanding of lighting (especially size, intensity, and fall-off) but she may take well to those concepts, even if she needs you to execute them.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

jstsasha
308 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 24, 2012 14:33 |  #10

20droger wrote in post #14748766 (external link)
His title is correct. A word has a gender, a person has a sex. He's talking about people.

He cannot be responsible for where your mind goes.

My mind went absolutely same place as his...

Professional Russian.
Canon 5d Mark III, Canon Rebel T3i, Canon 24-70 , Canon 70-200, Sigma 15-30, Canon 50mm
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jstsasha/ (external link)

pixelbasher
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 24, 2012 19:42 |  #11

jstsasha wrote in post #14763332 (external link)
My mind went absolutely same place as his...

I'm also guilty as charged your honour! :lol:

But I'm surprised that there aren't more females in that poll. I know this is only one forum that the poll is coming from, but I would guess it's a pretty reasonable % in the big world too.

I guess there is the target audience for most of the shots of women, men, (even for clothing type shots, man likes what he sees on model, buys it for his girl) so it makes sense that a guy would know what antohter guy likes to see. Same reason Womens magazines are usually run by women I guess.

50D. 7D. 24-105L. 100-400L. 135L. 50 1.8 Sigma 8-16
flickr

Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop
15,765 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2002

Aug 01, 2012 16:12 |  #12

But enough of that..

Given the thought I had when I read the title, I agree - and will change the title to appropriately reflect the intent.

Mark
-----
Some primes, some zooms, some Ls, some bodies and they all play nice together.
Forty years of shooting and still learning.
My Tumblr Site (external link) (NSFW)
Follow Me on Instagram (external link)

natalieerachel
694 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 11, 2012 00:23 |  #13

I shoot my friends who love doing glamour photos, and I'm female. I suppose I'm just in the lower percentile...I just haven't posted any because I'm still waiting for my G&N early access.

NatalieFong.com (external link)
Facebook.com/NatalieRF​ongPhotography (external link)
Flickr.com/photos/Nata​lieFongPhotography (external link)

7,522 views & 0 likes for this thread
Glamour Photographers and Gender
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.