Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)

this thread is locked
Rivest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 30, 2012 05:22 |  #9166

Skip Souza wrote in post #14504291 (external link)
This thread is 60D specific, period.

See people, you post about the 60D or you don't post at all. You have a question about which camera strap is good? Go ask it somewhere else, you're in the wrong thread. You want critique on your work, there's a forum section for that. You want tips and trick to improve your post processing skills? There's also a section for that. You have questions about the lighting setup of a guy? PM him, don't let everyone around learn like you will. 60D thread only, if it's not related, get out.

After all, it's has never been that way since the last 29 000, why would we start being a helpful community now?

Hi, I'm David.

sponsored links
vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,833 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

May 30, 2012 05:29 |  #9167

i tried to post some of my shots in the critique thread, nobody cares....

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

babel_fish
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 30, 2012 06:37 |  #9168

there is a critique thread? !!! L) ? :)

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
"dude, are you even paying attention!,
Mike

Rexene
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined May 2012

May 30, 2012 07:03 |  #9169

I recently bought a Canon 60D. I am very new to the world of DSLR, however I had a Canon AE1 and loved it. I don't want to get used to using the camera in Auto. Most of my pics will be portaits but I am finding it very challenging to figure what to set the camera at for indoor pics. The ones I took recently had a tinge of blue in them. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

babel_fish
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 30, 2012 07:13 |  #9170

Rexene wrote in post #14504935 (external link)
I recently bought a Canon 60D. I am very new to the world of DSLR, however I had a Canon AE1 and loved it. I don't want to get used to using the camera in Auto. Most of my pics will be portaits but I am finding it very challenging to figure what to set the camera at for indoor pics. The ones I took recently had a tinge of blue in them. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

You should probably post in the General photography forum, as it seems your first hurdle is understanding a few basic things.

1. Exposure
2. White Balance
3. Aperture and Shutter Speeed

Here are a few starting points of reading.

Ben's Newbie Guide to Digital SLR Photography
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=414088

Perspective Control in Images - Focal Length or Distance? (a tutorial)
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=672913

After you figure it all out here is a nice little Photoshop tutorial.
http://www.damiensymon​ds.com.au/tut_mini.htm​l (external link)

Enjoy your new 60D!

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
"dude, are you even paying attention!,
Mike

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,120 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Jul 2009

May 30, 2012 07:19 |  #9171

Rexene wrote in post #14504935 (external link)

Welcome to POTN and Club 60D.

its sounds like your White Balance is too much on the cool/blue side. Are you shooting with Auto White Balance or another white balance setting?

look for white balance in your manual to see where the controls are - you may have it set on a cool/blue setting.

Hope this helps ~

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Jay-Bird
804 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 30, 2012 07:30 |  #9172

Rivest wrote in post #14503292 (external link)
That's what is needed for star shots. You'd be surprised how much light you could catch even if you are far away in a forest!

Yup, I live in New Mexico, so aside from major population centers, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces. There is literally hundreds of miles of nothing. So I am bound to find a good spot. Now forest fires messing up my shot, that is a different question......

Sorry your photos are being taken down by zie admins. Maybe just link it or put something in your sig for us to check it out? I definetly want to see your work. I subscribed to your facebook page.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.c​om/ZeroedInPhotography (external link)
http://www.zeroedinpho​tography.wordpress.com (external link)

Jay-Bird
804 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 30, 2012 07:45 |  #9173

vinmunoz wrote in post #14504730 (external link)

Yeah, it is pointless to post there. No one could give a crap, even though it is the damn CRITIQUE thread. I am okay with someone lighting up one of my photos, as long as they have constructive criticism. But damn, you are lucky to get a, "I dont like it" out of people.

And since we might have gone too long with out saying the word 60D. Here is a shot from the other day. A friend asked to do some quick photos of her family. I didnt realize by quick, it meant less than 30 minutes!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …dge23/Nanawa/IM​G_2388.jpg (external link)

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.c​om/ZeroedInPhotography (external link)
http://www.zeroedinpho​tography.wordpress.com (external link)

Hinson
Goldmember
2,158 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

May 30, 2012 07:48 |  #9174

Skip Souza wrote in post #14504291 (external link)
This thread is 60D specific, period.

General Photography Talk: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdis​play.php?f=13

Post Processing: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdis​play.php?f=18

Small Flash and Studio Lighting: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdis​play.php?f=35

Now let's get back to the 60D.

Ya know, I'm too old and too wise to get pulled into discussions of this type but maybe just this one time....

I do agree that this thread is 60D specific. The reason I joined and occasionally post is that I moved from the 5D to the 60D and wanted to join in discussions about the camera with others who OWNED the camera.

However, I did not want to discuss JUST the camera. I wanted to discuss ALL subjects related to the camera. How it responded to various flash/strobe lights, whether or not Magic Lantern really made it better and why, what were the drawback between my new 60D and my old 5D, etc.

And then there were the video questions that were specific to the camera such as how do I use the video, how do I compress it, etc.

I definitely wanted to see photos taken with the Canon 60D and not other brands or other Canon bodies. However, I've just got a new computer and it has this nifty bar on the right that lets me scroll right past those if someone does post them so I really don't care as long as they do not start consuming a large portion of the thread.

And finally, I wanted to be able to just talk with other 60D owners about what was happening. Nothing particular, just friendly talk.

So in my Oh so humble opinion, the thread is running along pretty good, and should be left alone.

And finally, to make sure that I am in full complience with all the rules, here is a photo taken with a Canon 60D with a Canon 28mm 2.8 lens.

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/7301444996_7772c202e8.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/30632959@N02/7​301444996/  (external link)
IMG_2800 (external link) by G. Hinson White (external link), on Flickr

Our heat pump went out last week and she found a cool spot to lay. She wraps about the base of the toilet.

{stepping down from soap box}

Artist tools: Lumix FZ1000 (Canon 60D, 28/2.8, 10-22mm, Tamron 28-300mm VC ALL NOW FOR SALE - REASONABLE OFFER)
Blog: www.jerrywhitephotogra​phy.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,120 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 30, 2012 07:52 |  #9175

Jay-Bird wrote in post #14505067 (external link)
And since we might have gone too long with out saying the word 60D. Here is a shot from the other day. A friend asked to do some quick photos of her family. I didnt realize by quick, it meant less than 30 minutes!

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Great capture - great 'models' with genuine smiles - they should be pleased :cool:

maybe offer them a version with the left rail/bar cloned out as well as the upper right silver disk? you may be able to crop the left but not the upper right me thinks...

7Dmk II gripped | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,829 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

May 30, 2012 07:54 |  #9176

Rexene,

I'm a relative newbie with my 60D also. If you post one of the photos, I'm sure you'll get some help here. This group is great. Many of us use Flickr (yahoo flickr) to post photos here. It isn't difficult. Let us know if we can help if you don't know how to do it.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,829 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

May 30, 2012 08:02 |  #9177

Wow, the sun just came out a few minutes ago. We've been in the middle of that tropical storm for a few days. I might be able to get out to take some photos if this keeps up.

I can't speak for Skip Sousa so I won't. What I got from his warning wasn't that the group can't help each other, just that the photos posted here should be shot with a 60D. Sounds reasonable to me. And, for the record, I didn't complain to anyone.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,833 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

May 30, 2012 08:16 |  #9178

I'll postup too for compliance...

Using my Tammy at 270mm with 68mm total of extension tube. I used a video light to lit it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,120 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 30, 2012 08:18 |  #9179

Phoenixkh wrote in post #14505143 (external link)
Wow, the sun just came out a few minutes ago. We've been in the middle of that tropical storm for a few days. I might be able to get out to take some photos if this keeps up.

I can't speak for Skip Sousa so I won't. What I got from his warning wasn't that the group can't help each other, just that the photos posted here should be shot with a 60D. Sounds reasonable to me. And, for the record, I didn't complain to anyone.

Psst - be sure to update your sig with your new family member ;-)a

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 30, 2012 08:27 |  #9180

vinmunoz wrote in post #14504730 (external link)

Oh its not just there the 7d thread most people could careless this was the only place most cared to be honest & helpful .

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

sponsored links

1,243,636 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.