Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 30 May 2012 (Wednesday) 20:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I know this is late... Brands Hatch DTM

Johnnyboy360
62 posts
Joined May 2012

May 30, 2012 20:35 |  #1

So I was waiting for 4 days for my photos to upload. Why? Only cos I took 4890 of them... :D Still, they are up and on my SkyDrive! Link here; https://skydrive.live.​com …&authkey=!AEzZV​VY0-f5mNuc (external link)

I would show you a few but I cannot embed them. I dunno why or how. Just won't go.

sponsored links
realitysays
340 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 31, 2012 02:29 |  #2

I am able to embed the photos, but it is at full res. Maybe upload the entire album at 800-1024px wide instead of full res.

Note* I have put spaces in the tags, so you can see what i have done to embed it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | Byte size: ZERO

2012 Cams Accredited Motorsport Photographer
Follow Me on Facebook! (external link)
www.flickr.com/photos/​koryleung/ (external link)
www.koryleungphotograp​hy.com.au (external link) - Motorsports & Automotive Photography

chrispons
Goldmember
2,368 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 31, 2012 04:58 |  #3

Well with respect ,Johnny boy,if you thought about your pictures and compositions ,and didnt just walk round with the camera set on continuous firing from when you got out of your car ,you might get some worthy shots and not have so much hassle,and folk might actually look at selected images.

I did look at the link and quickly got bored and bugged out.

Your choice what you do,but a few memorable wall hangers beats snaps any day imho.

Pons
www.chrisponsford.co.u​k (external link)
www.rallycaptures.com (external link)

Ando27
Goldmember
1,218 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 31, 2012 06:09 |  #4

Mate,
1/ Wheb=n yoiu take a pic, take the time to actually compose the shot first.
2/ Make the shot actually OF something worth looking at
3/ Dont take 3 images of the same thing , espcially when its not a decent shot in the first place.
4/ make sure the image you take is in focus.
5/ 20 great images are better than 4000 images that are very average.

Dont take this as personal, take it as constructive criticism.

A good gauge of a good image is one that when you see it, you say WOW !!!, WOWS are in ,....everything else is out..canned.
Only ever post your best shots.
Have fun.

Ando.
"Down Under"
[CENTER][B]Canon 1D4 / 5D3 gripped / 7D gripped / 300f2.8 IS L / 100-400f5.6 L / 70-200f2.8 IS II L / EFS18-200IS / 24-105 f4 IS / 10-20 f4 / 580EXII x 3 /1.4 TC III / 1.4TC II / 2 TC III / 15' Rig / 20' Rig.[CENTER]

Johnnyboy360
THREAD ­ STARTER
62 posts
Joined May 2012

May 31, 2012 08:06 |  #5

Look, I ain't a professional. I don't care about composition and stuff. I took photos of everything because I didn't want to waste a day, and I got everything in. There wasn't one event. There was about 11. I also had a pit/paddock pass, there was also a pit walk.

What do you mean? 20 great images are better than 4,000 average ones? LOL, are they blurry? 99% of them, no. Are they high quality? Yes. Are they pictures of the things you went to see? Yes. Good enough for me.

David ­ Stallard
Goldmember
1,244 posts
Gallery: 145 photos
Joined Apr 2012

May 31, 2012 08:57 as a reply to  @ Johnnyboy360's post |  #6

Trying to be as 'realistic' and as nice as possible:

You are kidding right? I made myself scroll though your drive - did you just put some tape on your shutter button so the camera would just shoot anything and everything without focusing / framing or even thinking about what it was aiming at?

I believe you are jesting and have done this to evoke a response to gauge how we as a forum would react.

If you are not joking - may I suggest that you take some time to look through different forums and see what works - honestly, hand on heart - what you have presented here does NOT work. Sorry

.DAVID.

EOS box that goes click and some tubes with glass in them on the front.
http://www.davidstalla​rdphotography.com/ (external link)

Johnnyboy360
THREAD ­ STARTER
62 posts
Joined May 2012

May 31, 2012 10:03 |  #7

You all are saying "Oh problem with your shutter button. Seems to be jammed" "Oh did you sellotape your shutter button down?" I'd rather have more photos than needed because if I missed something, I'd be pissed. And anyway, have you just missed the photos where a few cars go off course? Or are you just being selective? I was at that corner taking pictures of cars going off. I could have missed it. BUT OH NO. I used continuous mode to capture it. But apparently in the "world of photography" you can't do that. You can only have 1 photo of one thing.

AND YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I DID THIS FREAKIN' POST AS A ****ING JOKE FOR YOU ALL SO YOU CAN ALL LAUGH...

No, its not WHAT WORKS HERE, its what you all don't like. Someone with a lot of photos, who is not a professional, who does not do all this ****ty photoshop stuff to make it look unnatural and represent that buying a DSLR is a waste of money because all you do is just edit photos. You might aswell have a crappy point and shoot for that. I take loads of photos because I can't stand missing things, and in my opinion, a lot of them came out really well.

chrispons
Goldmember
2,368 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 31, 2012 16:52 |  #8

Well you are something ,Johnny Boy ,you certainly provide a bit of entertainment and banter ,keep doing your thing ,lol,Pons

Am just off to buy some more memory cards so I dont miss the action ,just not sure my hard drive or patience can cope .

Check these out ,you might learn something.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1191105

Pons
www.chrisponsford.co.u​k (external link)
www.rallycaptures.com (external link)

GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 31, 2012 16:58 |  #9

Almost 5000 images from 1 event? Not for me thanks.

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

Johnnyboy360
THREAD ­ STARTER
62 posts
Joined May 2012

May 31, 2012 18:02 |  #10

chrispons wrote in post #14512929 (external link)
Well you are something ,Johnny Boy ,you certainly provide a bit of entertainment and banter ,keep doing your thing ,lol,Pons

Am just off to buy some more memory cards so I dont miss the action ,just not sure my hard drive or patience can cope .

Check these out ,you might learn something.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1191105

Heres what I've learnt. He takes up close pictures of cars. Using a long lens. He probably has a media pass. He is probably a professional. He didn't get any cars going off course or crashing or any close racing. What did I do? Take pictures of cars. Close racing, going wide, crashing. Wide shots, up close. Had pit access, had paddock access. Your point is invalid.

GSH. One event? DTM, Lotus Cup, Formula Ford, Formula 3, etc. As I've said before, I had pit and paddock passes... You clearly weren't there.

Ando27
Goldmember
1,218 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 31, 2012 18:21 |  #11

Johnnyboy,

If thats what you wanna do ...go ahead.

Just dont come on here asking for people to give feedback & then savage anyone trying to offer critical help for your ....photography..

If you think its any good buy allmeans take it to a magazine,.....jst be oprepard to have them have a good laugh...

Photography is what ever you want to make of it........ just that none of us can figure what you're trying to make of it..

My last 2c worth.

Ando.
"Down Under"
[CENTER][B]Canon 1D4 / 5D3 gripped / 7D gripped / 300f2.8 IS L / 100-400f5.6 L / 70-200f2.8 IS II L / EFS18-200IS / 24-105 f4 IS / 10-20 f4 / 580EXII x 3 /1.4 TC III / 1.4TC II / 2 TC III / 15' Rig / 20' Rig.[CENTER]

Johnnyboy360
THREAD ­ STARTER
62 posts
Joined May 2012

May 31, 2012 18:51 |  #12

I honestly didn't realise this forum was for strictly professionals? Do excuse me for being a beginner trying to get some tips from you guys. Who said I have any plans to sell it to a magazine? Bit stereotypical of you sir? What I'm trying to make of it, is personal photos. I don't like photoshopping photos making it look unnatural. I take pictures of everything, so I don't miss anything. Savage anyone? I am defending my photos and how I take them. All I get is "Oh did you sellotape your shutter down?" Thats not comments, thats digs. Thats having a go at. That means unfriendly... People.

Coops
695 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

May 31, 2012 19:14 |  #13

You haven't come looking for tips though. You HAVE been given some and some criticism (I can't be bothered to sign up to see the images) but your not accepting the constructive criticism and tips you are being given. I mean no offence but you are coming across very defensive. I haven't seen your work so I can't comment on it. What matters is your happy with what you have done. But that doesn't mean everyone else should be.

From a purely professional basis, I just hope (and only from the reactions given here) that your "pit pass" and "paddock pass" was merely a hospitality pass and someone didn't give you a bib and press accreditation. As if they did it sounds like someone missed out....

Best of luck with your photography mate. Remember its what you like and no one else that counts. But if you do ask for CC remember to kindly accept it.

:tu

Canon 1Dx MKII, Canon 1Dx, Canon 1D MKIV, 2x Speedlite 580EX II, 16-35 L, 70-200 IS L, 24-70 L, 300mm 2.8 ISII L, 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 12-24mm Fisheye, Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4

Johnnyboy360
THREAD ­ STARTER
62 posts
Joined May 2012

May 31, 2012 19:24 |  #14

Alright whatever. And no. It was only at the back of the pits, a pit walk, and a support paddock pass.

realitysays
340 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 31, 2012 22:57 |  #15

Mate why are you getting so amped up at some constructive criticism? Here is my 2c:

#1: Everyone here was merely pointing out to you, this is the internet. People don't want to scroll through 5000 images. It gets boring. very quickly. Even if it is exciting action! What the first two posts are saying and my post, is that you should embed the images in your post (figure it out or just change host to flickr and upload your best onto their). Post up 8 images as per forum rules of what you think was your BEST of the day and then have a link to the rest of the album.

#2: What most people do is shoot the day with or without media access and they will create an album of the images, but cull a lot of them out. Maybe only have 1-3 images of the same car crashing etc... instead of 15-20 of the same car. If clients/drivers/teams are interested you can then say i have more images i will send to you bla bla.

#3: If you DO insist on having 5000+ images, have a search feature of some sort, so that in your album they can merely go to the race they were in and see if you got photos. You can use this as a selling point so they don't scroll through a million images and get bored and give up.

#4: We all miss moments and we all get moments. You seem to have captured every single entire second of the day. Great work! If you enjoy photography, you will learn to enjoy constructive criticism and that the internet is a harsh world. Use this to your advantage so that next time you go out to an event you can keep it mind.

#5: You don't care about composition? That's one of the major rules in photography. Composition is everything. It can make or break a photo. I suggest you actually start caring more if you want to obtain more media passes.

2012 Cams Accredited Motorsport Photographer
Follow Me on Facebook! (external link)
www.flickr.com/photos/​koryleung/ (external link)
www.koryleungphotograp​hy.com.au (external link) - Motorsports & Automotive Photography

sponsored links

5,777 views & 0 likes for this thread
I know this is late... Brands Hatch DTM
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.