Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)

this thread is locked
Jay-Bird
804 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 01, 2012 17:46 |  #9346

questionmarc wrote in post #14514427 (external link)
my favorite edit so far.
love the bokeh on that gerry!

Wow, just stunning. I think you have set the bar high on what can be done with this camera.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.c​om/ZeroedInPhotography (external link)
http://www.zeroedinpho​tography.wordpress.com (external link)

sponsored links
jhayesvw
Cream of the Crop
7,229 posts
Gallery: 167 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 01, 2012 17:54 as a reply to  @ Jay-Bird's post |  #9347

questionmarc wrote in post #14514427 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/marcmarayag/7​311902150/  (external link)
Klara (external link) by Marc.Mar (external link), on Flickr

my favorite edit so far.

wow.
if it werent against the rules I would love for you to post that on the 5d2 or 5d3 pic thread with exif stripped to see if they love it too. I bet they would completely accept it was taken with the $3500 5d3.
(I know its the setup and the skill of the photographer but it would be fun to show people what this camera can do in the right hands. Like you and David especially)

My Flickr (external link)

MakisM1
Cream of the Crop
5,553 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 01, 2012 17:57 |  #9348

Jay-Bird wrote in post #14517968 (external link)
Wow, just stunning. I think you have set the bar high on what can be done with this camera.

Ain't that the truth! I'll never try another high key portrait without thinking of 'Marylin' :D

@Shutterwolf: For custom color temperature, press Q, select AWB, bring the 'K' (for Kelvin) option forward and with the selection wheel at the top you can pick the Kelvin temperature you want.

Gerry
Canon 5D MkIII/Canon 60D/Canon EF-S 18-200/Canon EF 24-70L USM II/Canon EF 70-200L 2.8 USM II/Canon EF 50 f1.8 II/Σ 8-16/ 430 EXII
OS: Linux Ubuntu/PostProcessing: Darktable/Image Processing: GIMP

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 01, 2012 18:49 |  #9349

Shutterwolf wrote in post #14517819 (external link)
No, I am talking about something separate from White Balance. You can watch the whole video if you wish, but at 1:50, he shows that you can change the WB, then next option is for the color temp. It is completely separate. I already knew about AWB, I'm not THAT much of a noob haha :P

http://www.youtube.com …WNLSmW3MU&featu​re=related (external link)

LOL silly butt it's in the AWB settings! Go to menu > white balance, and the very last icon on the screen is the COLOR TEMP and you adjust using your shutter wheel. See I know I wasn't going crazy I know what you talkin bout! LOL

Mine's defaulted on 5200K

EDIT: Makis beat me to posting it. lol

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

Rivest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 01, 2012 18:57 |  #9350

^^ You got beaten twice today Lisa :p

Hi, I'm David.

Strontium
Durr?
7,382 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 01, 2012 19:40 |  #9351

Shutterwolf wrote in post #14517689 (external link)
Ive got a question as well... with the Xti, I always had trouble focusing on something at night to do a long exposure.. Haven't tried it with the 60D, but I don't imagine it is much easier. Are there any good little "tricks" to getting proper focus at night? I will be getting a tablet hopefully tomorrow and will try that with the big screen, but i don't know if that will really help much or not for the focusing issue.

Also, can you adjust color temp on the 60D itself? I have seen that you can do it with the android dslr controller app, but I've never seen that adjustment on the camera.

vos07 wrote in post #14517716 (external link)
I use live view and manual focus, zooming in on the part you want focus on with the magnifying glass on the top right.

This^^

I am I

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 01, 2012 19:45 |  #9352

Rivest wrote in post #14518188 (external link)
^^ You got beaten twice today Lisa :p

I know right..I'm losing my edge in the 60D thread. xD

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

Shutterwolf
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 01, 2012 20:12 as a reply to  @ Vixen89's post |  #9353
bannedPermanent ban

MakisM1 wrote in post #14517996 (external link)
Ain't that the truth! I'll never try another high key portrait without thinking of 'Marylin' :D

@Shutterwolf: For custom color temperature, press Q, select AWB, bring the 'K' (for Kelvin) option forward and with the selection wheel at the top you can pick the Kelvin temperature you want.

Vixen89 wrote in post #14518152 (external link)
LOL silly butt it's in the AWB settings! Go to menu > white balance, and the very last icon on the screen is the COLOR TEMP and you adjust using your shutter wheel. See I know I wasn't going crazy I know what you talkin bout! LOL

Mine's defaulted on 5200K

EDIT: Makis beat me to posting it. lol

Ahh cool. Thank you. I never explored that part of the WB settings. I usually use auto white balance. Only recently started playing with changing it.

Josh
https://www.facebook.c​om/ShutterwolfPhotogra​phy (external link)
60D, 550EX, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark II, Canon 28-135mm IS, 18-55(old), Rebel Xti/400D (for sale)

Rivest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 01, 2012 20:18 |  #9354

Josh, if you shoot RAW, the in-camera white balance isn't important. You can change it in post, without affecting quality.

Sure, getting it right in camera is great, but it should be the last of your worries. I'd concentrate on aperture, shutter speed and ISO first.

Hi, I'm David.

AlexTakesPhotos
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 01, 2012 20:33 |  #9355

^ I agree.

Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

questionmarc
835 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 01, 2012 20:51 |  #9356

omeqa wrote in post #14517533 (external link)
Did you have to stand quite far away from the subject with your 85? Its a bit long on the 60D, isn't it?

its like shooting with a 135mm on full frame -
it really depends what you want to shoot! for tight headshots im usually 2 meters away for half bodies 4/5 meters and then for full lenght i am pretty far away

i enjoy the 85 focal lenght a lot almost as much as i loved shooting at 70mm with my 70-200 f2.8.

but before that i shot with my 100L so i got used to it

MakisM1 wrote in post #14517996 (external link)

i actually have some with the mole! i will finish editing the set tonight and then hopefully i get some of the next set finished as well

Jay-Bird wrote in post #14517968 (external link)

thanks a lot - emily soto - has really inspired me with her fashion work with the 7d - and im like hey we both have the same sensor - why can't i get as good of images as her!

jhayesvw wrote in post #14517988 (external link)
wow.
if it werent against the rules I would love for you to post that on the 5d2 or 5d3 pic thread with exif stripped to see if they love it too. I bet they would completely accept it was taken with the $3500 5d3.
(I know its the setup and the skill of the photographer but it would be fun to show people what this camera can do in the right hands. Like you and David especially)

haha i though long and hard on what to buy with my tax return and i ended up buying a lens instead of going full frame - the lighting helps a lot and with the lens as well - going to admit my background lighting for the shoot wasn't perfect so i spent some time on ps for that!

but im glad you enjoy my images!

60D, 5DmkIII, 50 f1.8
Facebook Page (external link)
Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Jay-Bird
804 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 01, 2012 21:12 |  #9357

Rivest wrote in post #14518530 (external link)
Josh, if you shoot RAW, the in-camera white balance isn't important. You can change it in post, without affecting quality.

Sure, getting it right in camera is great, but it should be the last of your worries. I'd concentrate on aperture, shutter speed and ISO first.

Yeah with my Rbel Xt and 20D I worried about white balance. Nowadays I just set it to awb and fix in light room. Seems the white balances on the 60d are much better than my old cameras.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.c​om/ZeroedInPhotography (external link)
http://www.zeroedinpho​tography.wordpress.com (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,835 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 01, 2012 21:20 |  #9358

Quick snapshot test of my 60mm Macro. Not seriously taken.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

i think i'm gonna love this lens.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 01, 2012 22:30 |  #9359

Found this http://www.amazon.com/​gp/product/B00887BEEI (external link) slight discount over buying direct! I know a few of you showed interest in it.

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 01, 2012 22:35 |  #9360

vinmunoz wrote in post #14518743 (external link)
Quick snapshot test of my 60mm Macro. Not seriously taken.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

This one made me laugh!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
bw!

I think I'm going to like seeing what do with this lens :) I approve

i think i'm gonna love this lens.

Nice work!

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

sponsored links

1,243,837 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.