Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

salalone
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 03, 2012 10:34 |  #3961

I have a US address, but Canadian credit card... will this work for me? I can have it shipped to my address in the states, but I have to pay with a Canadian card.

:S

sponsored links
smacatl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,561 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 03, 2012 11:40 |  #3962

It depends.

The issuing bank or financial institution that issued your credit card is identified in the first 6 digits of your credit card. If the processing system that CLP uses is set up to reject non US credit cards then you will be out of luck. If the credit card system doesn't flag your card, then you are good.

Best answer is to give them a call and try it - CLP reps are very friendly and the worst thing that will happen is that they will tell you that the card cant be approved.

Post back and let us know how it works out - good luck!

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

Ray33
122 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 03, 2012 14:21 as a reply to  @ smacatl's post |  #3963

Called into CPL today to just ask a few questions before getting the ball rolling with an order. I was expecting a friendly conversation and was VERY disappointed. The Rep was cranky, snippy and just did NOT want to be bothered answering a few questions about the program until I had talked to a technician.

I explained that she had just told me I had to talk to a tech before she could answer any questions and THEN told me that tech wasn't there today (Mon-Fri only). I went on to ask that if there was a requirement to talk to tech first and she wouldn't help me or place an order until I talked to them, why was she even there answering phones and what was keeping her busy such that she couldn't answer a few questions, since she apparently can't place any orders with tech being absent?

Dead silence, a pause, then she bit the words off - "What are your questions?". I asked 3 questions (yes to state tax, yes to free shipping, yes to 20% off a refurb lens, but only select lenses and they had to be in stock; no back orders). Thanks and see ya.

I am sure my next phone call will be an improvement, but talk about doing the right thing the wrong way. Why even have a Customer Loyalty Program if you end up being abusive when the loyal customers (or ANY customers) call in?

His: EOS R | RF 24-105 | Control Ring Adapter | Luma Cinch
Hers: 40D | Tamron 17-50 non-VC | Luma Cinch II
Ours: Canon EF 40 f/2.8 | Tamron 70-300 VC | 430EX II | Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 w/ Arca Swiss Z1 Head | Billingham 445

hondafans
Goldmember
2,536 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 03, 2012 15:06 |  #3964

Called back in and said i did not get a label for my ELPH. Rep told me their system canceled the label and they would resend. Still no label. hmmmm?

iqbal624
Goldmember
1,574 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 03, 2012 22:45 |  #3965

hondafans wrote in post #14525362 (external link)
Called back in and said i did not get a label for my ELPH. Rep told me their system canceled the label and they would resend. Still no label. hmmmm?

you'll be fine. I never sent back my dead cam...
no problem...

5d2 | | 50L | 28 1.8 | |
MacBook Pro 15 |

MARSURAT1
720 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 04, 2012 12:28 |  #3966

Just got my 60D in!! There are a few scratches on the top LCD but that's pretty much it. The main LCD screen has a screen protector on it so I guess that's one less expense.

The accessories look good except for the 50mm f/1.4 lens. There's a pretty noticeable white speck inside of it. Should I be worried about this? Forgive me if that's a dumb question, I'm a newbie. I'm charging my battery now to hopefully take some test shots on my lunch...

Maria, Mars, or Marzy. Flickr. (external link)Facebook. (external link)
Canon 5Dc. Canon 60D. Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. 430 EX II. YN-560 II.

salalone
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 04, 2012 14:08 |  #3967

smacatl wrote in post #14524605 (external link)
It depends.

The issuing bank or financial institution that issued your credit card is identified in the first 6 digits of your credit card. If the processing system that CLP uses is set up to reject non US credit cards then you will be out of luck. If the credit card system doesn't flag your card, then you are good.

Best answer is to give them a call and try it - CLP reps are very friendly and the worst thing that will happen is that they will tell you that the card cant be approved.

Post back and let us know how it works out - good luck!

Thanks.

Just got off the phone with about a million people. There is no way to use a Canadian credit card even if you have a US address because the billing address must also be US and on a Canadian card, it would not be.

There IS a loyalty program in Canada, however. But, you can't get an SLR through it... but powershots, printers, etc. are available through a Canadian Canon Loyalty Program.

all168
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 04, 2012 14:12 |  #3968

are you trying to ship it to US or Canada? If you want to ship to US, can you buy a gift card, like AmEx gift card from AmEx website then use the gift card to buy it?

https://www.americanex​press.com/gift-cards/?inav=giftcard_h​p (external link)

FreeToFly
159 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 04, 2012 14:40 |  #3969

all168 wrote in post #14530261 (external link)
are you trying to ship it to US or Canada? If you want to ship to US, can you buy a gift card, like AmEx gift card from AmEx website then use the gift card to buy it?

https://www.americanex​press.com/gift-cards/?inav=giftcard_h​p (external link)

I doubt Amex would ship USD gift cards overseas.

4more
119 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 04, 2012 14:56 |  #3970

Just missed one between the time I saw and the time the rep came online

--------------- Canon T2i + 18-55 kit + 55-250 + 50 f/1.8 = my basic gear

cpam.pix
Goldmember
1,275 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 04, 2012 16:09 |  #3971

Received my 5DMkII...
Made a weird noise when the mirror returned. Almost like it was vibrating after the return.
I demo'd it to my wife and daughter (both non-photogs) and both said, "THAT's not right."

I looked at the mirror and it was host to a fingerprint/smudge that went all the way across the bottom of the mirror.

It went back. They offered to fix it under warranty or take it as a return. They got it back from me. The Customer Service folks were amazing on the purchase and the return.

1D-III with stuff to stick on it:
70-200L, 28-70L, 24-105L, 300L, 50, 10-17 fish, 2.0x TC
Image editing OK, encouraged, and expected. Thank you for helping me learn!

cputeq007
585 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 04, 2012 18:19 |  #3972

So my 5D2, 24-105 and 430EX II should arrive tomorrow. I'm pretty excited...even though I've owned it all before, I love getting "new" toys to play with :D

I must, however, voice my COMPLETE AND UTTER DISDAIN for everything FedEx. These guys are real works of art, sheesh.

So I check on my tracking and find out that on Saturday night, it's in my home city at the sorting facility. I figure "YAY! One day 'early'", in that it would be delivered today and not Tuesday, which was their original estimate.

But no, it just sat there all day. Heaven forbid they actually deliver a package 'early' according to their estimates. UPS has no problem doing this, but FedEx? Never.
I've never had a better-than-normal experience with them... if something is out of the normal, it's always negative.

Blah! /rant

Flickr (external link)
I own camera stuff

Jesse ­ Webb
904 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 04, 2012 19:03 |  #3973

cputeq007 wrote in post #14531266 (external link)
So my 5D2, 24-105 and 430EX II should arrive tomorrow. I'm pretty excited...even though I've owned it all before, I love getting "new" toys to play with :D

I must, however, voice my COMPLETE AND UTTER DISDAIN for everything FedEx. These guys are real works of art, sheesh.

So I check on my tracking and find out that on Saturday night, it's in my home city at the sorting facility. I figure "YAY! One day 'early'", in that it would be delivered today and not Tuesday, which was their original estimate.

But no, it just sat there all day. Heaven forbid they actually deliver a package 'early' according to their estimates. UPS has no problem doing this, but FedEx? Never.
I've never had a better-than-normal experience with them... if something is out of the normal, it's always negative.

Blah! /rant

FedEx Home Delivery is a Tuesday - Saturday service. If not being delivered to a business address that could explain it.

jessewebbphotography.c​om (external link)
Leica M9 | CV 35/1.2 II | 90 Summicron

cputeq007
585 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 04, 2012 20:20 |  #3974

Jesse Webb wrote in post #14531481 (external link)
FedEx Home Delivery is a Tuesday - Saturday service. If not being delivered to a business address that could explain it.

Yes I guess that explains it :(
Such a bummer, at least I know a reason for the delay now. Not that I agree, but I guess I can respect it.

Flickr (external link)
I own camera stuff

nobody33
35 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 04, 2012 20:34 |  #3975

Finally decided to jump on this and get it. And they are out of the 5dii. I'll just try daily until they are available again. I can't believe people are paying 1800 for used ones still...

sponsored links

506,561 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.