Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 11 Jan 2011 (Tuesday) 14:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show us your setup and the final result!

BushWacker
Goldmember
2,089 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 05, 2012 22:51 as a reply to  @ post 14537369 |  #4441

I think we all agree the holder is awesome! It's absolutely what caught my eye first. Now in the words of the famous philosopher Rodney King "can't we all just get along?"

"When I shoot something I use a Canon!"
-------------- Gear List | flickr (external link) --------------

sponsored links
paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jun 06, 2012 02:03 |  #4442

I can't remember if I've posted this setup, I don't think I have, so here goes... p.s. it was REALLY cold, probably 10 degrees before wind chill, and no assistant so no modifiers

Setup:

IMAGE: http://i47.tinypic.com/11c6uq1.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Kelsey (external link) by LukeCS (external link), on Flickr

Website (external link) | Chicago Actor Headshots (external link) | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link)
- Luke S -

Hinson
Goldmember
2,158 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 06, 2012 06:50 |  #4443

Won't comment on the final image but definitely have to give kudos to anyone who would go out in that weather to shoot unless there was a really big paycheck involved. Me, I get cold when the temp falls to 70 or below.

Artist tools: Lumix FZ1000 (Canon 60D, 28/2.8, 10-22mm, Tamron 28-300mm VC ALL NOW FOR SALE - REASONABLE OFFER)
Blog: www.jerrywhitephotogra​phy.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)

babel_fish
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 06, 2012 06:54 |  #4444

Some play in the red/orange luminance values should even out her red face so she desnt look like she is freeZing her a$$ off.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
"dude, are you even paying attention!,
Mike

waterrockets
Goldmember
3,923 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 06, 2012 08:21 |  #4445

Hinson wrote in post #14537321 (external link)
I'm glad for you that you are a member of the one percenters who have lots of disposable income. Based on your equipment list, it appears that you can not only afford the best of everything, but can also afford to waste money on "bullet proof" pockets for your remote shutter release. Not all of us are that wealthy nor that foolish. If I could afford all the expensive equipment you list in your first paragraph, I could probably waste money on unimportant things also.

FWIW, that is not what I would expect to be the equipment list of a 1%er. Not nearly enough Leicas or fast and long primes.

1D MkIV | 1D MkIII | 550D w/grip & ML| EF 70-200mm f2.8L| EF 24-105mm f4L IS | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC | 430EXii | EF 50mm f1.8

Crazy_Guitar
616 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 06, 2012 08:44 |  #4446

Loved those two Venus transit shots. You guys are some lucky dudes!
Couldn't see sh*t in Portugal, for the whole transit was during nighttime. :(

50D | 1000D | 30V | 17-40L | 18-55 USM | 24-105L | 28 2.8 | 50 1.8 II | 70-300 IS | 580EX II | 430EX II
Complete gear list
The Almighty Gallery (external link)

paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jun 06, 2012 11:00 |  #4447

babel_fish wrote in post #14538609 (external link)
Some play in the red/orange luminance values should even out her red face so she desnt look like she is freeZing her a$$ off.

hahah oh we were! and believe me the tones are exactly where I want them, on my monitor the skin looks correct, have you calibrated yours?

Website (external link) | Chicago Actor Headshots (external link) | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link)
- Luke S -

babel_fish
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 06, 2012 11:24 |  #4448

paradiddleluke wrote in post #14539713 (external link)
hahah oh we were! and believe me the tones are exactly where I want them, on my monitor the skin looks correct, have you calibrated yours?

I have, I'm about at 105 and sunny.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
"dude, are you even paying attention!,
Mike

paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jun 06, 2012 11:51 |  #4449

71 in chicago here today, a lot better than 10 before wind chill ;)

- Luke S -

h4ppydaze
Goldmember
1,329 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jun 06, 2012 13:02 |  #4450

paradiddleluke wrote in post #14539713 (external link)

are those speedlite brackets for strobe modifiers? I need a hotshoe to elinchrom speedring adapter am looking high and low

h4ppydaze
Goldmember
1,329 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jun 06, 2012 13:07 |  #4451

tvphotog wrote in post #14536915 (external link)
I'm always amused when people look at the price of things that make life easier. Thousands of dollars for a body, thousands for a pro lens, a thousand for a tripod, $200-400 for a ballhead. And you complain about the price of a hand-tooled bulletproof product at a price of $40?

The material here is high-end, military-grade, padded Cordura, with a non-slip backing sewn onto the back of each strip. Military-strength hook and loop fasteners. Magnetic closure of the flap. Complete customization of material, pattern and color. Customized strap length. Made by hand, this is a mom and pop operation.

Make it yourself, find the high spec materials, cut and sew them, how long do you think that will take? For me, time is money. I'm overjoyed to find a product like this, where someone else has devoted the time. I'm fine with paying $40 for that.

It will get me a shot faster with less fuss, that I can sell for 50 times that price.

:lol: relax.

There's just no way I'd pay forty bucks for a remote holder. Call me... frugal? I'd rather just use a knife sheath (which it totally looks like) that costs five dollars for similar high spec materials. I don't know though... I might just be missing that 2000 dollar shot because I don't have a custom remote holder... :lol:

fiVe
107 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 06, 2012 14:17 |  #4452

Marm O. Set wrote in post #14530921 (external link)
After realizing I could get a geometric kaleidescope (sp?) effect, I took this photo looking through an aluminum square tube. I got his glasses reflection to line up so it looked like you are seeing both eyes when you are really seeing the same side of the face mirrored. Kinda neat IMO. I might try to play with it more later. But I have sooo many ideas that I want to play with I don't have time for them all :(

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/71540785@N02/7​338768792/  (external link)
4 June 2012 (external link) by Marm O. Set (external link), on Flickr
EF-S 18-55 IS
39mm
1/250th shutter
f/8
ISO 100

1 manual flash, bare
behind and left of the camera
Cactus V5 transceivers

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/71540785@N02/7​338770310/  (external link)
different attempt unedited (external link) by Marm O. Set (external link), on Flickr
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/71540785@N02/7​338769434/  (external link)
setup shot 1 (external link) by Marm O. Set (external link), on Flickr
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/71540785@N02/7​338769736/  (external link)
setup shot 2 (external link) by Marm O. Set (external link), on Flickr

Cool setup and result. Has anyone ever said you look just like Mr. Finch on the tv show "Person of Interest"?

MY GEAR: Nikon D610 -- NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S -- Tamron SP 90mm Macro VC

fiVe
107 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 06, 2012 14:22 |  #4453

CommanderStrax wrote in post #14536852 (external link)
Canon 1000d + 70-200mm f4L IS + old welders mask =

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

And the setup.....

Commander,

Great setup and result! Please explain how the mask is attached to the camera.

MY GEAR: Nikon D610 -- NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S -- Tamron SP 90mm Macro VC

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 06, 2012 16:07 |  #4454

Not trying to be a troll, because I am not one. I imagine that one of these would work:

Leatherman Sheath (external link)

Would just need a velcro band. I think I am going to do it.

Christopher Cross | Apixelintime.com | Nightographer.com (coming soon)
Altering reality one pixel at a time.
A clicky thing | Severial twisty things | A couple of flashy things | A bunch of other things
Posing Guide (external link) | Galleries (external link) | flickr (external link) | FaceBook (external link) | Blog (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 06, 2012 16:14 |  #4455

Ok so we're talking about shooting in snow here? Let me show you this one than:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Hi, I'm David.

sponsored links

5,547,507 views & 9,489 likes for this thread
Show us your setup and the final result!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.