Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 05 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 12:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How Much Mark up on Posters

Mareshow
32 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 05, 2012 12:17 |  #1

I'm wondering how much mark up to put on posters. I found a decent printing company but i dont know how much i should charge. It will mostly be single poster purchases

elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 05, 2012 13:05 |  #2

Mareshow wrote in post #14534744 (external link)
I'm wondering how much mark up to put on posters. I found a decent printing company but i dont know how much i should charge. It will mostly be single poster purchases

Depends on what kind of profit margin you are wanting to achieve, which is directly related to how much markup you plan on. If something costs you $50, I wouldn't charge less than $100.

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 05, 2012 15:32 |  #3

I put 35% on everything, but I know my input costs....

pbisfun
231 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 07, 2012 15:03 |  #4

are you making the poster or are you resealing Reselling something you bought or is this poster something you created. If it is something you are creating in photoshop or something similar. If it is something you created or even a template you are putting pictures on don’t for get to price for the time it takes to come up with the final product. And do look at posters they sell at stores and think you are way over pricing you are selling a one of a kind poster. I get my posters printed for 9 but the time I put in to the poster and the time it takes to put pictures in it is what I am charging for. I don’t know about you but it takes me on average 2 to 4 hours just to come up with a template, that the pictures will go on.

the light is seen by all but not understood by all
http://photoSentimenta​l.com (external link)

AZGeorge
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 08, 2012 19:10 |  #5

What market are you in? What prices do you see in this market? Does the quality of your work put you on the low/middle/high end of the market? Counting carefully your total costs, would you be happy receiving what your market seems to bear?

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,181 views & 0 likes for this thread
How Much Mark up on Posters
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.