Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 02 Jul 2011 (Saturday) 22:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rylin Rae: 365 project

morpheus6d9
435 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jun 10, 2012 22:15 |  #481

PeyDay17 wrote in post #14556657 (external link)
Day 344 - Sick baby. This is the most I got from her today. Shot with the Nifty 50!?
QUOTED IMAGE

did you use a flash ?

50D | 60mm f/2.8 macro |Tokina 12-24 f/4 | Nifty-Fifty | SB-20 | 580 EXII

sponsored links
PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 10, 2012 22:38 |  #482

morpheus6d9 wrote in post #14560846 (external link)
did you use a flash ?

No sir. There was a skylight in Babies R Us so I put her in that light, got her to look up at me and *click*.

SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear and Feedback

mom2AnH
Goldmember
1,155 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 11, 2012 06:20 |  #483

Poor baby! I hope she's feeling better now!

Jenn
C&C always appreciated
Canon Rebel XS w/ 18-55mm IS, 75-300mm, and the nifty-fifty

rh18
180 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2011

Jun 11, 2012 10:28 |  #484

PeyDay17 wrote in post #14560928 (external link)
No sir. There was a skylight in Babies R Us so I put her in that light, got her to look up at me and *click*.

Do you ever get funny looks carrying around a DSLR in places like BRU? :)

Gear and Feedback | flickr (external link)

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 11, 2012 11:50 |  #485

rh18 wrote in post #14562744 (external link)
Do you ever get funny looks carrying around a DSLR in places like BRU? :)

Yeah, but Rylin and I just stick our tongues out at them! Jk! Seriously, not as many people you think. They just figure "meh, just another dad with a camera."

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,679 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 11, 2012 11:56 |  #486

PeyDay17 wrote in post #14563154 (external link)
Yeah, but Rylin and I just stick our tongues out at them! Jk! Seriously, not as many people you think. They just figure "meh, just another dad with a camera."

Indeed. I felt a bit odd a few times but now it doesnt bother me. No one has ever asked and I havent caught any side eyes. :D

Shane
flickr (external link)

KareBear
144 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 11, 2012 22:52 |  #487

I'm curious, when you guys do carry your cameras around in stores and whatnot do you just wear them? Or something else? I'm always so scared something is going to happen if I try to walk around and wear the camera, and my camera bag+diaper bag is a bit much, so I don't tote it (my camera) often enough.

·Karrie Ann·
CANON REBEL T3i | Canon 35mm f/2.0 IS | Canon 85mm f/1.8 | Canon 430EX II |
flickr (external link)

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 11, 2012 23:07 |  #488

KareBear wrote in post #14566165 (external link)
I'm curious, when you guys do carry your cameras around in stores and whatnot do you just wear them? Or something else? I'm always so scared something is going to happen if I try to walk around and wear the camera, and my camera bag+diaper bag is a bit much, so I don't tote it (my camera) often enough.

What I do is either throw it over my shoulder or in the cart until I need it. I usually don't have it hanging from my neck cause I'd have Rylin fingerprints all over my lens.

adamg5
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 12, 2012 00:25 |  #489

I carry mine w me everywhere to. I really love my black
rapidstrap, it hangs by my waist and when I need it BOOM its there :)

Consider me a satellite forever orbiting, I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 12, 2012 00:32 |  #490

adamg5 wrote in post #14566494 (external link)
I carry mine w me everywhere to. I really love my black
rapidstrap, it hangs by my waist and when I need it BOOM its there :)

I also have a rapid strap and love it! But I only use it when we go to the zoo or a family trip somewhere. Usually, I just use the Canon strap at home or short trips which is 80% of the time.

MARSURAT1
720 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 12, 2012 00:51 |  #491

Just came across this thread and I absolutely love it! Your family is so adorable, and it makes me happy to see a young father love his baby girls and wife so much! I'm new to photography and now I feel so much better about this recent [and hefty] investment so that I can start learning as soon as possible and be ready to take some great photos once I have a family of my own. Really, really inspiring. Cheers!

Maria, Mars, or Marzy. Flickr. (external link)Facebook. (external link)
Canon 5Dc. Canon 60D. Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. 430 EX II. YN-560 II.

jerefish
Goldmember
1,003 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 12, 2012 07:48 |  #492

PeyDay17 wrote in post #14556657 (external link)
Day 344 - Sick baby. This is the most I got from her today. Shot with the Nifty 50!?
QUOTED IMAGE

My daughter has been sick as well :( Even though that makes it hard to get her picture sometimes, things have become more complicated as she has developed. She loves to look at me and show off cute faces as long as I’m looking at her. As soon as I bring the camera to my eye she looks away. I’ve had to become resourceful and I’m sure you have experienced that as well. Keep it up, you are closer to completion than I am...

Jeremy or jfish works
Canon 7d | 70-200 F/4 L
| 28-70mm f/2.8 L
Flickr (external link) | Website (external link) | Julianne Grace 365

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 12, 2012 08:25 |  #493

MARSURAT1 wrote in post #14566563 (external link)
Just came across this thread and I absolutely love it! Your family is so adorable, and it makes me happy to see a young father love his baby girls and wife so much! I'm new to photography and now I feel so much better about this recent [and hefty] investment so that I can start learning as soon as possible and be ready to take some great photos once I have a family of my own. Really, really inspiring. Cheers!

Thank you very much for the kind words! I love being a daddy. There is nothing more fulfilling in life...at least to me.

jerefish wrote in post #14567438 (external link)
My daughter has been sick as well :( Even though that makes it hard to get her picture sometimes, things have become more complicated as she has developed. She loves to look at me and show off cute faces as long as I’m looking at her. As soon as I bring the camera to my eye she looks away. I’ve had to become resourceful and I’m sure you have experienced that as well. Keep it up, you are closer to completion than I am...

Yup, you definitely have to outsmart these kiddos sometimes! It makes it interesting! Lol!

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,622 posts
Gallery: 366 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 12, 2012 08:33 |  #494

PeyDay17 wrote in post #14563154 (external link)

Good to know, I have started my Project 52...building up from 12, to 52, 2-3 will be the 365.

Do you just go to new locations almost everyday? I know some of them are at home, but it must be really fun to get out and do something with her everyday...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

PeyDay17
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 12, 2012 08:48 |  #495

TRhoads wrote in post #14567576 (external link)
Good to know, I have started my Project 52...building up from 12, to 52, 2-3 will be the 365.

Do you just go to new locations almost everyday? I know some of them are at home, but it must be really fun to get out and do something with her everyday...

Yes. I hate the days when I have to stay home. That's when I get the feeling that I'm losing the creativity so I try to get out and look for good locations. It also keeps her from getting bored...then getting cranky while we shoot. Once that happens, I put the camera down because it gets super frustrating. You're better off trying later.

I think she really enjoys our daddy/daughter time together. We go to parks, zoos, malls, restaurants, mommy's work and family get-togethers and just have fun. I shoot for awhile then put the camera away. I've learned throughout this year to keep my shooting time a lot shorter than the time I spend playing with her. I will shoot for 5 mins then play for 30 or so. Then I'll pick the camera up for another 5. This keeps her happy for longer so you can get as many good, quality shots as possible.

I feel trying to keep a steady flow of creative, fresh shots has gotten us more than just the pictures I post here. We have had a lot of fun this year and our family is very happy! Rylin knows how special she is to us.

sponsored links

91,347 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rylin Rae: 365 project
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.