Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 01 Jun 2012 (Friday) 17:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Critique my website please :)

Mike ­ Markov
43 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 01, 2012 17:38 |  #1

I've been using this version of design for my website for a bit, but what do you guys think? My website is http://habitatphoto.co​m/ (external link)

Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i : EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm : BOWER Lens Hood, JOBY SLR Gorrilapod, Tripod

sponsored links
photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,396 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 01, 2012 21:20 |  #2

Hello Mike.

I like the simplicity of it. It seems to load fast for me. A couple suggestions...

- I'd change the e-mail on your contact page from webmaster@... to something less sterile. Maybe mike@..., or something. People will be more likely contacting you about your photos, which is more of a personal contact, and not something impersonal like trying to solve a website problem.

- I'd like to see some text or something on the home page other than just a photo. Some of your "about" info could me moved here. Something to welcome the visitor.

- There's a little too much space between the bottom of your content and your copyright info on some pages.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

AdoriaPhotography
55 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 09, 2012 02:05 |  #3

I just get a message saying flash isn't supported on my device.
Using flash makes it impossible for all iPad and iPhone users to access your site.
Over 20% of all traffic visiting my own site are iPad or mobile users. That was enough to convince me to avoid using flash.

Regards, Steve - Adoria Photography (external link)
---------------
5d MKii | 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM ii | 24-70mm F2.8L | 50 F1.4 | 28-135 IS USM | Phottix Odin | Phottix Strato ii | 580ex2 | 430ex2 | 2 x YN-560ii | Kacey Beauty Reflector

Drixar
253 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jun 09, 2012 16:21 |  #4

HTML5 also loads faster than flash, it really is that much better that being said i have nothing against flash what-so-ever, if you do stick with flash though be sure to make a mobile/ipad version only apples stubborness is stopping them from enabling flash, stupid and petty on there part really.

that being said though i do like the website in general however i do think that the portfolio part could be a little more ''slick'' still good though.

Canon 400D(Rebel XTi) | 15-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 MII |Raynox 250 macro conversion | Cheap Extension Tubes | 55-250 IS II.
Note; I am able to Design logo's upon request.
My Razzi (external link)

ShotByTom
Goldmember
3,049 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 10, 2012 17:55 |  #5

You need to use spell checker before you post something, I didn't read much but I think I remember 2 mis-spelled words in you About section.

Gear
Website (external link)

JoshuaaT
94 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 10, 2012 19:18 |  #6

ShotByTom wrote in post #14559851 (external link)
You need to use spell checker before you post something, I didn't read much but I think I remember 2 mis-spelled words in you About section.

+1

I saw three grammatical errors in the first paragraph in your "About" section. Please, take the time to make it professional and as error-free as possible.

This is a personal opinion, but you should consider making your icons on the "Portfolio" page a little bigger to get rid of some of the white space.

Canon T1i | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 55-200mm f/4-5.6 | Sigma 18-50mm | 70-200mm f/4 L

TPhantom
33 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 13, 2012 01:50 |  #7

I like it, very simple. Maybe and inspiring quote would help?

sponsored links

940 views & 0 likes for this thread
Critique my website please :)
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.