Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

bigkeith
146 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 17, 2012 08:17 |  #4066

If you wanted to return your camera and pay for the shipping and other headaches that come with it. You also are taking the risk that your previous nice shiny body with a low shutter count gets replaced with a used high count body! Not worth the risk IMHO.

7D w/Grip | XSi/450 | Canon EF 17-40 f/4 L | Canon EF-S 18-55 IS | Canon EF-S 60 Macro | Tamron 18-200 Macro XR | Canon EF 24-105 L IS Macro | Canon EF 70-200 L | Speedlite 430 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Kit | Assorted filters and other stuff
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
jjj5278
448 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 17, 2012 15:34 |  #4067

Well, I had a bit of a hassle when I called Canon last week. I was transferred to Technical Support and then that guy said a cosmetic issue should not have been transferred to him, so he transferred me back to another customer service rep while repeatedly apologizing. The next customer service rep was really nice but had some computer issues but they finally got me all set. I then sent back the 60d on Friday (to the same warehouse the other one came from, 3 miles from my house) and the tracking number still shows as "ready for UPS". Hopefully they get it on Monday and can send out my replacement one Tuesday. They did add second day shipping for free, but I told them I get it the next day b/c the place is only 3 miles away, but she insisted on adding on it. Anyway, hopefully my next one is in better condition and has A LOT less shutter count or I'll just buy a new one probably.

Actually after checking the tracking number on line again, it still doesn't show it has been scanned anywhere. That has me worried a little, b/c it says as soon as it arrives at a UPS warehouse it would be scanned. It went to a UPS warehouse on Friday so no idea why it doesn't show that scan. Ugh...again my luck...

More stuff than skill

RegBruce
56 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 17, 2012 16:21 |  #4068

UPS doesn't work over the weekend. The next shift is Sunday night . . . they'll scan it then, I bet!

jjj5278
448 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 17, 2012 17:02 |  #4069

RegBruce wrote in post #14592104 (external link)
UPS doesn't work over the weekend. The next shift is Sunday night . . . they'll scan it then, I bet!

I'm just worried why they didn't scan it Friday afternoon....hopefully it updates tonight! Thanks for the info!

More stuff than skill

TheRightLight
295 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 18, 2012 14:42 |  #4070
bannedPermanent ban

The refurbished page is back online, however, not much is up for sale. The 5D Mark II was in stock for a matter of minutes, before it was bought out yet again.

The 7D and 60D are also listed, but each is strangely OOS as well. (Certainly an uncommon occurrence.)

Marketplace Feedback:
As a Seller: One. Two. Three. As a Buyer: Link.
My Ebay Account: 100% Positive Feedback. (external link)

HogansHeroes
Goldmember
2,087 posts
Gallery: 172 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 18, 2012 15:46 |  #4071

TheRightLight wrote in post #14596755 (external link)
The refurbished page is back online, however, not much is up for sale. The 5D Mark II was in stock for a matter of minutes, before it was bought out yet again.

The 7D and 60D are also listed, but each is strangely OOS as well. (Certainly an uncommon occurrence.)

Thanks for the heads up.https://photography-on-the.net …ges/smilies/ico​n_wink.gif

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."
-Ansel Adams

yimoon2
41 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 18, 2012 15:52 |  #4072

In stock now. 4:52 PM EST

nobody33
35 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 18, 2012 15:54 |  #4073

yimoon2 wrote in post #14597055 (external link)
In stock now. 4:52 PM EST

I called and that must have been a fluke, their system did not have any in stock, even when I hit refresh and it showed in stock still. The service rep was very helpful though and got me on the list.

andrewopolis
586 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 18, 2012 16:29 |  #4074

No more refurb bundles? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Hopefully that page will come back up....

RHChan84: "Damn it. If I didn't just put 3500 down on a wedding, I would of picked up a 7D."
bw!

TheRightLight
295 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 18, 2012 16:36 |  #4075
bannedPermanent ban

Yeah, this whole situation is just bizarre. I really hope things get back to normal, and soon.

Marketplace Feedback:
As a Seller: One. Two. Three. As a Buyer: Link.
My Ebay Account: 100% Positive Feedback. (external link)

jjj5278
448 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 18, 2012 17:49 |  #4076

Well they got my 60d back today, so hopefully they hurry up and send me a replacement one. I'll give it a couple days and then call back if I haven't heard anything yet.

More stuff than skill

tagnal
Goldmember
1,255 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 18, 2012 18:02 |  #4077

Has anyone tried getting a refurb p&s and a lens as well? :P
Or gotten a 5D2 and an EF-S lens?

Just wondering if they would let you get a lens even if it doesn't work with the camera you are getting through the CLP. (so I could use it with a different body)

5D3 / M3 / S100 / Σ 35 Art / 50 1.8 / 135 L / 17-40 L / 24-70 L / 70-200 f/4 IS L / m 22 2.0 / 580ex II
Toy List | flickr (external link) | FAA (external link)

jjj5278
448 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 18, 2012 18:22 |  #4078

Hmmm, w/ the 60d's showing OOS that is a little odd. They better not just fix/replace the grip and send me the same darn 60d back, haha. Oh well, can only wait and see now.

More stuff than skill

jjj5278
448 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 18, 2012 21:36 |  #4079

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to process a returned refurb camera?? I was told it would only be pretty much immediately and another rep said it could take up to 10 days. That is quite a discrepancy and it's clearly not immediately since they received my return at 8:45am CST this morning and didn't get a new one sent before closing today.

More stuff than skill

chaosgeneration
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 18, 2012 22:19 |  #4080

jjj5278 wrote in post #14598614 (external link)
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to process a returned refurb camera?? I was told it would only be pretty much immediately and another rep said it could take up to 10 days. That is quite a discrepancy and it's clearly not immediately since they received my return at 8:45am CST this morning and didn't get a new one sent before closing today.

Hey man,

Just chill out about all of it. You'll get your camera when you'll get it :) The more you sit there and watch every status, every tracking update, the more you'll be easily upset by a disappointing update. Canon is doing their part to help you - don't expect too much out of an awesome service :)

sponsored links

503,128 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.