Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras 
Thread started 05 Feb 2010 (Friday) 20:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Got a Nikon? Share your thoughts and photos here or ask a question! (II)

this thread is locked
Gojira1976
940 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 18, 2012 11:30 |  #7111
bannedPermanent ban

jetcode wrote in post #14595711 (external link)
Americo there is a fairly heavy color cast in the image above (original CA mountain panoramic). I take it you were touring CA and S.F. recently? Hope you had a nice trip.

Thank you for the advice on the color cast thing, something I will look up ASAP :) Yes, we went on vacation here and there and stupid me didn't bring a tripod, actually, I have not bought one yet! Also I tried my best not to point and shot, but as time was allotted, I ended up doing so! :( I don't have any filters yet, so my next move would be to invest in those as well. I still need a light meter, I think, and hopefully it will help? I do really try my best, but my overzealousness kinda gets me :(

AMERICO

sponsored links
Guari
200 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 18, 2012 11:30 |  #7112

Gojira1976 wrote in post #14595722 (external link)
Ok, so I tend to over do it, what else should I do then, ignore this Nikon thread, and just stop flooding it with bad photo's, or just delete all my crap, and stay away, until I turn pro.? I will try to venture elsewhere as to not offend, annoy, and embarrass folks with Nikon, and, well myself. ¶

No. You are making drama out of nothing americo. You are taking things in the wrong context. No need to pack your bags or anything.

Just limit yourself to your best shots. Show the few you are truly proud of. Less is more.

You ask me why I don't post more pics and talk less? Well, I've taken pics for the last couple weeks, but nothing that I'm proud of. So I don't show it.

As any photographer will tell you, no need to show the bad ones ever.

Show us the good stuff, that's pretty much it..

My blog (external link)
My FB page (external link)

dharrisphotog
Goldmember
2,331 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 18, 2012 11:32 |  #7113

Ok, so I tend to over do it, what else should I do then, ignore this Nikon thread, and just stop flooding it with bad photo's, or just delete all my crap, and stay away, until I turn pro.? I will try to venture elsewhere as to not offend, annoy, and embarrass folks with Nikon, and, well myself. ¶

Just show your best stuff. 1-3 photos will do. I'm talking things with decent exposures, good composition/framing and an interesting subject(s). Save your underexposures gnomes and flowers for a critique thread. Also, make your images no more than 800px in size - easy to do from the Flickr site. We are just trying to help you out and make you some new friends man, but in order to do that, you need to respect the circle of friends already in place.

D800 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikkor 70-200 2.8G
Gear | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

Gojira1976
940 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 18, 2012 11:34 |  #7114
bannedPermanent ban

Guari wrote in post #14595741 (external link)
No. You are making drama out of nothing. You are taking things in the wrong context. No need to pack your bags or anything.

Just limit yourself to your best shots. Show the few you are truly proud of. No need for underexposed photos of gnomes.

Show us the good stuff, that's pretty much it..

I is a dram queen at times, sorry! No offense really, I just get a bit derpped at times, sorry! Ahh, the Gnome is my fave tho.! His name is Edgar Allan Gnome the Younger, he was my fathers day gift!

AMERICO

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 18, 2012 11:34 |  #7115

Don't post images of the same subject over and over again. If you're having issues with your PP utilize the critique section and learn how to PP. It's obvious from the last couple of days that you're still having issues with exposure, backlighting, and WB/colors. Exposure and WB/colors are easy to get right but this isn't the type of thread for it. Backlighting is tough to deal with and most easily dealt with by avoiding backlit subjects.

This isn't the first time you've flooded a thread, you did it in the cat thread and somehow the message got across to you so pleading ignorance here isn't going to work.

Flickr (external link)

Guari
200 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 18, 2012 11:35 |  #7116

Gojira1976 wrote in post #14595762 (external link)
I is a dram queen at times, sorry! No offense really, I just get a bit derpped at times, sorry! Ahh, the Gnome is my fave tho.! His name is Edgar Allan Gnome the Younger, he was my fathers day gift!

happy fathers day then to you and all other fathers in here

now lets keep it nikon shall we? lol

hope you all have a good day

My blog (external link)
My FB page (external link)

Gojira1976
940 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 18, 2012 11:36 |  #7117
bannedPermanent ban

jessartisan wrote in post #14595738 (external link)
I think this one would look much better in black & white. :)

Thank you very much, I will note that. I do think I tried the b&w version, however it is on my Flickr only :)

AMERICO

jetcode
Cream of the Crop
6,234 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 18, 2012 11:37 |  #7118

Anyone recommend a small camera shop not in CA that carries Nikon? I want to cancel my BH order and see if I can expedite a new d800E.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 18, 2012 11:41 |  #7119

jetcode wrote in post #14595776 (external link)
Anyone recommend a small camera shop not in CA that carries Nikon? I want to cancel my BH order and see if I can expedite a new d800E.

Try Allen's, a few in this thread have used them with no complaints.

http://allenscamera.co​m/index.html (external link)

Flickr (external link)

woos
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 18, 2012 12:13 |  #7120

Also, there's nothing wrong with posting a lot of pics, but this really isn't the thread to post *tons* of stuff in. Just post a couple, along with what lens, etc, since this is the Nikon thread. If you look below there's a photo sharing section with a bunch of sub-forums that's well suited to sharing a lot of pics at a time.

Jetcode: Small camera shop here in Portland Oregon that I got my D800 at is a place called "camera solutions, inc". They are authorized Nikon reseller. You might try calling them, but I'm not sure if they ship or not. I dunno what wait lists are like now, but to put things in perspective, I got on their wait list about a week after release of the D800 and was number 7 on the list, lol.

amanathia.zenfolio.com

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 18, 2012 12:20 |  #7121

From what I've seen Nikon has nearly caught up on the D800, there is still a bit of a wait for the E. The wait shouldn't be too long if you go with a smaller authorized dealer.

Flickr (external link)

tipidsale
331 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 18, 2012 14:26 |  #7122

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7371376990_6f54e162b9_b.jpg

dharrisphotog
Goldmember
2,331 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 18, 2012 14:57 |  #7123

K6AZ wrote in post #14595794 (external link)
Try Allen's, a few in this thread have used them with no complaints.

http://allenscamera.co​m/index.html (external link)

Ordered my 28 G from there. No problems from them.

D800 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikkor 70-200 2.8G
Gear | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 18, 2012 17:53 |  #7124

Arg, I'm back to my wondering ways of ....well....wondering if I should ditch the Canon T2i this week and get a Nikon D5100. It's consistently the autofocus that bugs me, and it appears that the 5100 has a better low light reputation than my camera.

Any thoughts? I hate being on the fence so much, but I'm not really into buying a lot of expensive lenses. I mostly stick to the lower and mid-level lenses and rent nice stuff for special occasions.

I'm just wondering if I'd be more satisfied with the Nikon's performance. I don't care one bit about video (won't use it), and I realize switching to Nikon won't improve my own skills in exposure or composition, but dang, it sure is quieter and seems to focus lightning fast compared to canons.

Thank you. bw!

Gojira1976
940 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 18, 2012 17:56 |  #7125
bannedPermanent ban

MikeFairbanks wrote in post #14597592 (external link)
Arg, I'm back to my wondering ways of ....well....wondering if I should ditch the Canon T2i this week and get a Nikon D5100. It's consistently the autofocus that bugs me, and it appears that the 5100 has a better low light reputation than my camera.

Any thoughts? I hate being on the fence so much, but I'm not really into buying a lot of expensive lenses. I mostly stick to the lower and mid-level lenses and rent nice stuff for special occasions.

I'm just wondering if I'd be more satisfied with the Nikon's performance. I don't care one bit about video (won't use it), and I realize switching to Nikon won't improve my own skills in exposure or composition, but dang, it sure is quieter and seems to focus lightning fast compared to canons.

how about the d7000?
http://snapsort.com …ikon-D5100-vs-Nikon_D7000 (external link)

AMERICO

sponsored links

762,073 views & 0 likes for this thread
Got a Nikon? Share your thoughts and photos here or ask a question! (II)
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.