Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 18 Jun 2012 (Monday) 10:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

bacpack with access at the rear - what is there?

21tones
23 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 18, 2012 10:00 |  #1

From a security point of view I'm interested in backpacks with access from the rear.
I also want two compartments. One for camera stuff and the other for personal things e.g. rain jacket, food etc.
The only things I've found are Lowepro flipside (which doesn't have two compartments anyway) and the Hama Daytour 230.
Are there any other rear access backpacks out there?
I only want to spend about £100 maximum.
Or are there other backpacks that are as effective security wise?

Thanks for your help

sponsored links
kwando
Goldmember
1,345 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 18, 2012 10:11 |  #2

My dakine sequence has access in the rear (ok that sounded weird), and has front access for other items.

~Simon~
My Gear | My Feedback | Smugmug (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1213134

goldboughtrue
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 18, 2012 10:15 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

That's exactly what I have too - the Dakine Sequence (external link). Close to your price range (at least US price).

http://www.pbase.com/g​oldbough (external link)

5D II, Canon 100 macro, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 L, Canon TS-E 45, Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4

Tim ­ S
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 18, 2012 21:20 |  #4

http://www.adorama.com​/LPFLS15LGB.html (external link) I have this one and like it so far. Only had it one month..

Tim
Equipment

A5forfighting
626 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 18, 2012 21:27 |  #5

Love mine, Super comfy too ! And armored to boot. Its made for snowboarding after all

7D, S95, EOSM,

NeoTiger
37 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 19, 2012 04:45 |  #6

Some of the Crumpler backpacks, and most of the F-Stop backpacks have rear-access for camera gear.

deletedpenguin
Goldmember
2,945 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 19, 2012 05:11 |  #7

I use the Tamrac Adventure 9 - check it out: http://www.google.com.​au …XKsbGJDQ&ved=0C​IgBEPMCMAI (external link)

Stefan | StefanPetersen.com.au (external link)
500px (external link) Flickr (external link)

powaysteve
518 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 19, 2012 14:19 |  #8

The F-Stop backpacks all have rear access. The Guru is about the same size as the Flipside 400 but is a little wider. Depending on what ICU (Internal Camera Unit) that you put into the bag you can have room for other stuff and access it throught the top. Details are at http://fstopgear.com/ (external link).

21tones
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 20, 2012 11:19 as a reply to  @ powaysteve's post |  #9

Thanks for your responses. I'll have a look at these.

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,551 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined May 2010

Jun 20, 2012 11:23 |  #10

Tim S wrote in post #14598510 (external link)
http://www.adorama.com​/LPFLS15LGB.html (external link) I have this one and like it so far. Only had it one month..

Someone else posted this but this backpack is on sale at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com …owepro+Flipside​+Sport+15L (external link)

Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
Canon 5DII • 7DII • G15 • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 24-70L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 20, 2012 14:49 |  #11

Tommydigi wrote in post #14606221 (external link)
Someone else posted this but this backpack is on sale at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com …owepro+Flipside​+Sport+15L (external link)

Conincidently, I looked at these today. There are two sizes, and two colours.
I'm very tempted. First impression, more useful for me than my Think Tank StreetWalker.
I carry a dslr with grip attached (sometimes) and two moderate sized zooms. I add a SONY NEX system on occasion. I have room left over.

I don't know how you would carry anything other than camera gear though. I think I would have to be creative to carry lunch, let alone a change of clothing or coat, within the pack.

Dave

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,551 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 20, 2012 14:54 |  #12

2mnycars wrote in post #14607286 (external link)
Conincidently, I looked at these today. There are two sizes, and two colours.
I'm very tempted. First impression, more useful for me than my Think Tank StreetWalker.
I carry a dslr with grip attached (sometimes) and two moderate sized zooms. I add a SONY NEX system on occasion. I have room left over.

I sold my Streetwalker Pro because I do not really care for backpacks but I decided to give the smaller 10 a try because it does seem very functional. I do bike, hike and travel and all I have are shoulder bags so there are times I can see this being very useful. I was going to go for the 15 but for me smaller usually means I am more likely to use it and I generally do not take more then 2 to 3 lenses.

I looked at the video and the 10 looks a little more streamline and should fit any 2 or 3 of my lenses just fine.

Anyone have experience with these 10 vs 15?

I don't know how you would carry anything other than camera gear though. I think I would have to be creative to carry lunch, let alone a change of clothing or coat, within the pack.

This could be an issue especially with the 10 but bags like the Kata 3-1 or slingshots have a separate area but I did not really care for how the camera area worked. Its like a backpack that does nothing really well.

Canon 5DII • 7DII • G15 • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 24-70L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 20, 2012 15:06 |  #13

I like the concept; in fact I almost bought the larger AW backpack from LowePro, with protected entry from the back.
I truly appreciate the way TTank bags are made. However, it adds to the weight.
I like the way this bag opens up. I can set it down in the snow or on dirt, and the harness and bag back stays clean. My Streetwalker, I have to set the strap side down, then clean it off before I put it back on .
The LowePro design just makes sense to me.

The 15L bag carried my d300s with grip attached, 18-200VR mounted. My 70-300 VR lens stood up, with lens reversed. That's how deep the bag is. I didn't have the pack loaded. However, it was much more comfortable than the StreetWalker, which I've hardly used. I'm not being critical of Think Tank and their bags. I'm being critical of my choice. I'm confident that the SW would stand up well to any use or abuse I could throw at it.

Dave

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,551 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 20, 2012 15:11 |  #14

Yep I agree the TT stuff is excellent and really well made. I really plan to keep just my Retro 7 and UD 60 with the Retro 7 being my main bag and the UD being the bag I use for transport. But overall I much prefer TT bags, I just don't know if I really care for the sling o matic bags. This bag is a bit more sporty and it seems like a better concept. For $65 bucks it seems well worth it.

windpig
Chopped liver
14,712 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 20, 2012 15:15 |  #15

I've got a flipside. It's very nice.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

sponsored links

2,886 views & 0 likes for this thread
bacpack with access at the rear - what is there?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.